• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

DR2K

Banned
Square Triangle said:
You think? It's either it has wrapping on it or it doesn't.

Well they were open when I got home. My brother swears that they came, out of the box, open.

EDIT- never mind my 4 year old sister admitted to opening them. :lol Faith in Amazon restored.

Teflon

Not a bad Cyber Monday at all. Bought games that I will probably never finish but whatever.

Picked up NBA2k11, Re 5, Uncharted 2, Dead Rising 2

Jeels

For a second I thought the 23 dollar Planet Earth was the Bluray and got major hyped. Then I just bought the Bluray for 35 dollars. :) Still amazing price considering the regular.

Mindlog said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412833

Red Dead will be $29 at Wal Mart.
Amazon normally price matches everything, but this is not guaranteed.

It looks like Amazon is going to take care of as many people as they can.

I ran into the claim bug a while back. I just ordered from another account.
crude but effective
AcridMeat said:
It's $30 somewhere, unfortunately I can't keep track of the retailers. It might have been Best Buy.

rj118 said:
It's at walmart for slightly less than that.

LordK said:
Red Dead is 28.99 on Amazon for Black Friday.

Edit: beaten so bad probably by a long time.
Just wanted to thank you fellas for cluing me in! Nabbed it for ~$30 and it showed up at my house on Sunday afternoon! Gotta love Prime!

goldenpp72 said:
Yeah, its actually better than those
Relix said:
Castlevania is a mile ahead of Darksiders and I actually enjoyed it more than God of War, which somehow bored me at many points.
then we all have different taste apparently, because castlevania bored me to tears and even after that i gave it another few hours. imo it wants BADLY to be GoW/SotC/PoP but doesn't understand what about hose games makes them successful, not to start a debate. just what i got from a very boring rental

save your money and buy Sly Collection!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Jeez, where's the Uncharted 2 deal, and why is the original U2 65 bucks??

Peterthumpa

Got the NFS Hot Pursuit Limited Edition (for PC) for 35 Obamas.
Not bad for a brand new (and awesome game), good deal :D

Now back to GT 5
:lol

goldenpp72

Relix said:
Castlevania is a mile ahead of Darksiders and I actually enjoyed it more than God of War, which somehow bored me at many points.

Isn't it funny what happens when you mix deep, great combat with good puzzles, a tolerable story, fun platforming and adventuring all in one?

Anyone who thinks castlevania is a bad game is a crap action gamer, at least so far (i'm only up to chapter 6)

It's up there with bayonetta and NG imo, not quite there, but up there.

goldenpp72 said:
Isn't it funny what happens when you mix deep, great combat with good puzzles, a tolerable story, fun platforming and adventuring all in one?

Anyone who thinks castlevania is a bad game is a crap action gamer, at least so far (i'm only up to chapter 6)

@_@

god it's like troll bait... must.. resist...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
goldenpp72 said:

Sounded like a decent game, but the framerates in the demos on both platforms prevent me from playing the game. They were *that* bad. I was the same with Shadow of the Colossus (I'm patiently awaiting it's PS3 release).

Alex

Castlevania falls flat on it's face in every last regard except (amazing) art direction, the combat is a joke and puzzles and platforming? :lol. Castlevania makes Uncharted's puzzles and auto platforming look like solid gold game design. It's just a total hodge podge of borrowed mediocrity.

Anyone who thinks this is up there with Bayonetta in combat is ESPECIALLY hitting the sauce a little too hard.

LowParry

Alex said:
Castlevania falls flat on it's face in every last regard except art direction, the combat is a joke, puzzles and platforming? :lol.

Anyone who thinks this is up there with Bayonetta is hitting the sauce a little too hard.

Just buy both games. You'll get the best of everything offered with the two.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Xevren said:
I didn't like the first one but the 2nd one is probably one of my favorite games this year.

same here

I tried twice but I never really 'got' Dead Rising. I like some aspects of it, but it never really clicked with me.

I picked up DR2 on a whim, mostly because of GAF and I loved it. It definitely clicked, I got so hooked on it. Played through it 3 times and finished the case files/overtime and almost got Chuck to lvl 60 before my 360 died. I loved it, though, one of my favorite games of this gen. So good.

Alex said:
Castlevania falls flat on it's face in every last regard except (amazing) art direction, the combat is a joke and puzzles and platforming? :lol. Castlevania makes Uncharted's puzzles and auto platforming look like solid gold game design. It's just a total hodge podge of borrowed mediocrity.

Anyone who thinks this is up there with Bayonetta in combat is ESPECIALLY hitting the sauce a little too hard.

Nier avatar...
insulting Castlevania Lords of Shadow's game design...

does not compute.

Davey Cakes

Over the weekend I skipped out on Resi 4 Wii while doing my Amazon shopping, even though it was only ten bucks then as well. Now that I've thought about it, I've been wanting to get the Wii version ever since my Wii fried my Gamecube version's saves, and the asking price with free shipping isn't much to ask.

I'm on a holiday buying high so I'll just add this to the list. :lol

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Rash said:
Over the weekend I skipped out on Resi 4 Wii while doing my Amazon shopping, even though it was only ten bucks then as well. Now that I've thought about it, I've been wanting to get the Wii version ever since my Wii fried my Gamecube version's saves, and the asking price with free shipping isn't much to ask.

I'm on a holiday buying high so I'll just add this to the list. :lol
Good choice. It controls so well. :D

jcm

Just ordered the GTA episodes. I either need to unsubscribe from this thread or hide my wallet. Also, Amazon promo credits are dangerous. I tend to double count them when I'm shopping. Assassin's Creed had a $15 promo, so it was only $45. GTA was $16, but I had a $15 credit, so it's only $1. So in my head, I only spent a total of $47. Sneaky amazon.

LQX

Other M must have bombed hard. It has been $24 for days now and now its $19.99 and still not selling out.

dream

LQX said:
Other M must have bombed hard. It has been $24 for days now and now its $19.99 and still not selling out.

I'm kind of hesitant to recommend it even at that price...

Got Other M for $24.99 the other day... hasn't been shipped yet, but the other item in the order (had to go over 25 for free shipping) has gone up $4, so I would only save $1 by cancelling it and re-ordering.
Still, I hear Amazon can give you a credit if you buy something and it goes down in price in the next days... does it apply here? :lol

Allan Holdsworth said:
Got Other M for $24.99 the other day... hasn't been shipped yet, but the other item in the order (had to go over 25 for free shipping) has gone up $4, so I would only save $1 by cancelling it and re-ordering.
Still, I hear Amazon can give you a credit if you buy something and it goes down in price in the next days... does it apply here? :lol
If it hasn't shipped call customer service while the lightening deal is still good and request they refund the difference. Amazon is usually good about that stuff.

NoRéN

Allan Holdsworth said:
Just order this one too. Then, return the other one for a refund.
I did email once about the price of something I ordered going down. The item was in shipping soon status. They credited me the diff, as a "one time" adjustment.

Top Bottom