• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

got wario ware and unwound future for $27 total...not too bad...worst case, can trade Wario in for credit...

seems these deals coming down the pipe now are making up for a sucky morning...

Does anyone else find it wack how all the decent deals on Amazon for black Friday/cyber Monday this year are lightning deals, and with blatantly small quantities? I actually had to turn to Walmart this time around, which sucks.

Vanpira

JPBrowncoat said:
Got the second two Layton games even though I got stuck early on and frustrated with Curious Village. One of the matchstick puzzles wouldn't recognize my dog shape. :lol

It's the run over dog isn't it? Make sure the legs are on the top and bottom. So it looks like road kill from above.

Really happy I was waiting for the deals to change over and put the Layton games in my cart. My DS game time is going to back through the roof with those, Ace Attornet Investigations, and 999.

Vanpira said:
It's the run over dog isn't it? Make sure the legs are on the top and bottom. So it looks like road kill from above.

Ya that one. I remember being mad at the one so hard, I didn't revisit it. :lol

Articalys

Saint Gregory said:
Is it strange that I just bought Mass Effect 2 when my copy of Mass Effect 1 is still sitting untouched in its original wrapper?
Hell, I just bought ME2 at that price and I don't even own ME1! Now to go track down a cheap copy...
I'm going to end up with my longest backlog of games ever after this holiday season is over. New Year's Resolution: only buy a game if you plan to start playing it in the next couple of weeks!

I picked up Enslaved on Black Friday for $25 with my $15 credit, so I got it for $10, pretty awesome for a game that came out a month or two ago. Amazon continues to be my number 1 place to buy games.

Guevara

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Does anyone else find it wack how all the decent deals on Amazon for black Friday/cyber Monday this year are lightning deals, and with blatantly small quantities? I actually had to turn to Walmart this time around, which sucks.

I got the stuff I really wanted so I guess I'm happy. The best deals this year were for Wii/PS3/360 console bundles and Mad Men on blu-ray.

Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Yes. Please play it.
I will . . . someday :( No way am I buying all three consoles again next gen.

On a side note my $9.99 purchase somehow qualified me for another $10 Live credit. If these are stackable I'll have a years worth with the next 360 game I buy.

Erekiddo

Saint Gregory said:
I will . . . someday :( No way am I buying all three consoles again next gen.

On a side note my $9.99 purchase somehow qualified me for another $10 Live credit. If these are stackable I'll have a years worth with the next 360 game I buy.

Per the ME2 page:

Order this item and receive $10 off a future purchase of a Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Subscription Code sold by the Amazon Video Games store. The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Subscription Code sold by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The credit will be visible at the final checkout stage. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer.

A 1 year card is 44.96. An online code is $59.99. :|

Wow, this was way too tempting. Picked up Miles Edgeworth, Glory of Heracles, Dragon Quest 9, and Layton 3 all in one day. I knew holding out on these titles would pay off some day. Still feel kinda guilty though...

Okay clearly I'm retarded or not working the system right, but I'm not seeing 10$ ME2 or any of these deals for those prices.

Someone wanna help a semi-retarded individual? :)

Erekiddo

Lavpa Jasai said:
Okay clearly I'm retarded or not working the system right, but I'm not seeing 10$ ME2 or any of these deals for those prices.

Someone wanna help a semi-retarded individual? :)

The deal expired. These things run for 2 hours or until 100% claimed.

Davey Cakes

I was working, so even if I didn't already buy Layton (last week) and WarioWare (this morning), I missed the lightning deals.

Today I got good deals on A Boy and His Blob (for my bro), WarioWare, and Rhythm Heaven. I'm happy. The rest of the great deals mean little to me, as they are for games that I really don't care about.

Of course, I'm still impressed with how awesome Amazon has been, in general, for this Black Friday weekend. Plenty of great sales.

Guevara said:
I got the stuff I really wanted so I guess I'm happy. The best deals this year were for Wii/PS3/360 console bundles and Mad Men on blu-ray.
I suppose I probably would have been more into it if I was looking for a new Wii atm, as those deals were admittedly pretty good. I just dislike having to camp out for a lightning deal at 6am that I might not even be able to get because they're obviously offering more limited quantities compared to last year.

Hell, I had the new Layton in my cart and lost the deal as I searched for a cheap game to put me over the threshold for free shipping. I actually chose something in time, but the site started freezing up and wouldn't load my cart quickly enough. Meanwhile I'm watching the minutes tick down in a little pop up window. I stopped doing brick and mortars on Black Friday, but honestly the way they're starting to structure it on Amazon it's not a whole hell of a lot better, which is disappointing because I've enjoyed the way they've handled it in previous years.

That said, I'm still monitoring what the upcoming Uncharted deal will be. :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
My haul
idbIdS.png

guess I have to complain about not getting the GOTY UC2. Now to sell KK.

robot

dralla said:
so ass bro and hot pursuit came today. they sent the limited edition for HP which is nice

Pretty sure first run is all Limited Edition. Enjoy the game, it's freakin awesome.

jgkspsx

Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Would that ROck Band Guitar be worth it at $50?
It depends. Do you want an awesome-looking guitar that plays really well? Are you a GH guitar fanatic?

The only qualm I have about it is that the body is pretty beefy - thick and sharp-edged. It's not quite as comfortable for my strumming hand/arm as the Strat or the Gibson. But I'd still rather use it than them.

jgkspsx said:
It depends. Do you want an awesome-looking guitar that plays really well? Are you a GH guitar fanatic?

The only qualm I have about it is that the body is pretty beefy - thick and sharp-edged. It's not quite as comfortable for my strumming hand/arm as the Strat or the Gibson. But I'd still rather use it than them.

I do want a really awesome guitar, and im a big dude so the beefy body is right for me. I dont like the GH guitars. Thanks for the response, I think Ill buy it and replace my almost broke RB2 launch day guitar.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Any details on the Street Fighter game thats coming up? Which version? Price?

SSFIV would make for a nice stocking stuffer if I can get it on the cheap.

Volcynika

Jesus Carbomb said:
Any details on the Street Fighter game thats coming up? Which version? Price?

SSFIV would make a nice stocking stuffer if I can it on the cheap.

Well it says "The latest and greatest in Street Fighter"

So it seems that obviously it would be Super, and there are two spots for it, and only two versions. Sooooooooooooooooooo.

robot

randomkid said:
The lack of effort in these Amazon hints is cracking me up.

What could it be?????

Anyone think RE5 Gold is worth it for the extra scenarios alone? I finished RE5 (then sold it) and remember seeing the original mansion as DLC but maybe I just made that up.

Considering getting the DJ Hero 2 thing when it comes up. The Giant Bomb guys have been talking it up a lot these past few weeks.

Eh, just DJ Hero. Guess I'll skip it for now.

Top Bottom