• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

bonesquad

Amazon's lightning deals are like a game themselves! This morning looking through today's deals it looked like 3D Dot Heroes was going to be on sale again. I set a reminder to check back, but I was distracted with work and missed it (they were gone in 5 minutes!). Grrr. So I clicked the wait list link and waited. And then I got distracted by work again.

When I suddenly remembered to check back I saw a pop-up saying to click here to claim the deal and a counter counting down...

5...4...3...Click! Yes! Got it just in time. So yeah, 5 bucks saved.

I had something in my checkout already I planned on buying so the total still got me free shipping. Then add the $10 credit from GT5. $5 3D Dot Heroes. Nice.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Really hoping the Uncharted 2 deal is for the original version too, since I don't play MP, just want it cheeep.

I ordered the Rickenbacker not because it was a good deal but just because I wanted it. Amazon needs to learn how lightning deals work. $10 off is not a lightning deal.

cvxfreak

Just got a call from my parents saying my copy of God of War Collection arrived. Impressive speed. :D

Now for my Red Wii to arrive!

Owensboro

Hah! I got Super Street Fighter 4 PS3 for $15. That means that when I trade in the copy of SF4 from the Walmart deal last week (Fightstick + SF4 for $30) the deal was even. Man, that makes me happy!

I forgot to check my mail & just stepped outside & Resonance of Fate was there. This was ordered on Friday evening. What's this about Castlevania being $35?

Owensboro

Koroshi said:
Did I miss this? :/

yeah, it was the lightning deal. I think it sold out in around 5 minutes. I know I clicked the "Add to cart" button the instant the deal went up and when I had finished my one click checkout it had already jumped to 83% claimed.

Blueblur1

I got some of my games already, too.

Yesterday (yes, on a Sunday) I received the games I ordered on Black Friday and today I received the games I ordered on Saturday. Super saver shipping/Amazon for the fucking win.

Annoying things I discovered today:

If you have a gift certificate balance, you have to use it to get a Lightning deal. It may sound dumb but I wanted to save that gift card money for other things; if you try to pay by credit card it doesn't apply the lightning discount.

My fault, but if you add a Lightning deal item to your cart then delete it, you can't get it back. The deals page says Claimed even though it's not in your cart, and the product page just links you back to the deals page. Waffled on DQ IX and so I lost it.

Oh well, got Layton 3 and Ace Attorney Edgeworth so not a bad day.

LQX

Thank goodness today is the last day. I'm going broke buying $10-$15 games. Most I spent for a game was $30.

Instro

faceless007 said:
Annoying things I discovered today:

If you have a gift certificate balance, you have to use it to get a Lightning deal. It may sound dumb but I wanted to save that gift card money for other things; if you try to pay by credit card it doesn't apply the lightning discount.

My fault, but if you add a Lightning deal item to your cart then delete it, you can't get it back. The deals page says Claimed even though it's not in your cart, and the product page just links you back to the deals page. Waffled on DQ IX and so I lost it.

Oh well, got Layton 3 and Ace Attorney Edgeworth so not a bad day.

Thats because the gift certificate balance is put there as a way to calculate the lightning deal, which is why it must be used. For example if a game is $20 on a lightning deal, at checkout it will look like you have $20 gift credit, its just how Amazon does it.

oh you

i only changed my avatar back to john goodman! i've really been watching you all along like a guardian angel predator :3

unless you meant the collection in which case the thread has been out and about
you card, you

Carlisle

A00man said:
It was me that was asking for a Castlevania deal. Thanks a lot for this! Just bought it for the PS3. Looking forward to playing it during my two weeks vacation time during December! :D

Use promotion code CYBERMON on gohastings and you'll get an additional 10% off on Castlevania.
I don't see why everyone's so excited about the Amazon deal when this was posted 2 pages ago. Castlevania for $30 and if you use the promotion code above, it brings it to $27 with only $~2 shipping. My total came to $29.28, shipped.

Amazon's is $35

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Mr. Spinnington said:
do you like them to be of the quality of these two games? if so, then skip it

Castlevania is a mile ahead of Darksiders and I actually enjoyed it more than God of War, which somehow bored me at many points.

Top Bottom