• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Like a Dragon: Yakuza TV show cast reveal that they have never played the games: "we wanted to do our own version"

Deerock71

Shades of The Acolyte.
Disgusted Jim Carrey GIF

proandrad

Red flag, this is an excuse people give when they don’t want to put in the effort to research their role. This isn’t your own thing, it’s a series based on an established franchise. You don’t have to play the video game, but you should be highly familiar with the series. Just watch a let’s play. Why do people like this even get hired?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Haven’t played Yakuza? These people don’t know what they’re doing, in the shadows you have to play yakuza 0-3 at least.

I appreciate this approach more versus the Witcher TV series approach where they actively did not give a shit about tying it in with the source material at all.

Cuz that show is a fcking train wreck.

Last edited:

DeVeAn

Never will I understand taking a beloved series and going so far from the original story. I want to see a LIVE action version of the same story not a different take. Fuck it lol.

What a coincidence, I'm never gonna watch the show because I'd rather play a version of Yakuza that has nothing to do with theirs.

Top Bottom