• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story : Hotel | First Teaser | Lady Gaga joins the cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.O.P

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lOpQfjV6b8

jcjqP0uIffxo8.jpg

http://deadline.com/2015/02/lady-gaga-american-horror-story-cast-season-5-fx-1201381053/

Lady Gaga will star in the next season of Ryan Murphy’s FX anthology series American Horror Story. Details about her character and the premise of the latest installment of the series are still under wraps, but a teaser video reveals the title as American Horror Story: Hotel and promises an October premiere.

No other cast members have been confirmed for the show’s fifth season, but frequent stars like Jessica Lange are expected to appear. Previous musicians on the horror series include Maroon 5 frontman and The Voice judge Adam Levine.

This will be Gaga’s first major acting role, after cameos in Machete Kills and Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. Before she was Lady Gaga, the artist formerly known as Stefani Germanotta had an uncredited role in an episode of The Sopranos. [via Deadline]

After an awful Season 4...Gaga might be the only thing to bring me back to this show tbh

mjc

I had to watch the last shitty season with my girlfriend, I won't be checking in to this one.

Season 2 of this show was some of the best television I'd ever seen but its gone way way downhill since then, I got bored and couldn't finish the last season.

Is Lady Gaga even a draw anymore?

studyguy

Enjoyed Season 1 & 2, thought Season 3 was kinda eh but my girlfriend really liked it.

Last season was awful. What happened?

FrsDvl

Hopefully this means that we are getting a complete different cast. Especially since she's supposed to have a leading role.

Not sure about the hotel setting, I suppose it could be good.

TeegsD

Surprised a new season was already announced, could've sworn the last one was just premiering but haven't heard much buzz. Based on the comments here, now I know why.To be honest, I could never get into this show. Could be good but just very meh

LaNaranja

The third season was disappointing and the fourth was absolute garbage. It might actually be the worst thing I have ever seen through to the end.

I will give the new season one episode. If it looks like it is continuing the downward trend then I am out. That said it couldn't possibly be more mediocre and dull than last season…. right?

Pillville

Enjoyed Season 1 & 2, thought Season 3 was kinda eh but my girlfriend really liked it.

Last season was awful. What happened?

Too many characters and plot lines, none of them living up to their potential.

Not too mention they killed off the most interesting and scarey character early (Twisty)

T.O.P

Banned

sorry, added to the op

There wasn't much wrong with season 4. I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

It reminds me of that Coen Bros movie, though that wasn't really a horror story. Is Lady Gaga having a lead role or just a cameo?

Sorry but i hated it, apart from the Pepper episode
It could've been an amazing season considering the setting they choose yet it felt wasted to me

And it hurts to say but no more Lange is a good thing, i absolutely ADORE her but the whole cast was getting stale at this point

Anyway as usual, Asylum ---> Murder House -----------------------------> Coven/Freakshow

Because

giphy.gif

No idea if Gaga will be a regular, but i'm hoping for it

mjc

giphy.gif

No idea if Gaga will be a regular, but i'm hoping for it

This kind of BS is what turns me off the show. Don't inject that Glee stuff into supposed horror. Same thing with Freakshow when they had the odd modern musical numbers for no reason.

I still enjoy the show. I don't think it was as good as the first seasons, and it seems like I'm one of the few that actually liked the first season.
I'll check this out though, I think they need to change things up so hopefully this works.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
v excited for gaga
Hotel seems like it could be quite good,but there is a plethora of creep hote/motell movies already so I hope they can distinguish themselves as something original. I liked the idea of that hotel in John Wick.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the last two and a half episodes of series 4 so it can only be up from there (right?)

T.O.P

Banned
This kind of BS is what turns me off the show. Don't inject that Glee stuff into supposed horror. Same thing with Freakshow when they had the odd modern musical numbers for no reason.

Freakshow did it awfully but in Asylum it felt perfect imo

"I never thought about Glee when we were doing it. The fun of it, I think, is that you're in Sister Jude's shock therapy-induced fantasy. The idea was to really do a musical number that was something very '60s crossed with Jacob's Ladder because it was in her head and it was sort of the beginning of her descent." Murphin says it well

FloatOn

I felt like freakshow was an improvement over the awful coven.

I'm hoping that this will continue the upswing. Asylum was the best so I hope they draw inspiration from that one.

LaNaranja

It fit in Asylum because it was only done that one time with a serious character to show that she had snapped.

Kacar

Getting soooo sick of Jessica Lange in this show.

Need more Quinto.

Haven't watched any of 4 yet but guess I missed nothing.

Getting soooo sick of Jessica Lange in this show.

Need more Quinto.

Haven't watched any of 4 yet but guess I missed nothing.

Sorry. Quinto's career has skyrocketed him into baby slapping roles. His star aint falling back down to Earth anytime soon.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
If it's based in modern times gaga could even be playing herself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom