• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story : Hotel | First Teaser | Lady Gaga joins the cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

systematic

Unconfirmed Member

I'd be a little sceptical, considering the source for this news is an IMDb list:

IBTimes has posted a full rundown of all the main actors and their roles in the upcoming 5th season of American Horror Story, which bears the subtitle “Hotel”. However, it should be completely noted that this breakdown comes from an IMDb list created by acrazey57, who seemingly loves to create “dream casts” that are in no way confirmed by the actual production.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3342191/full-cast-list-american-horror-story-hotel/

FrsDvl

So that list is complete fabrication besides the actually confirmed roles?

Well, Angela basset is on the list, and the list is from before her official announcement.

Still suppose it could be fake, but so far it checks out. We'll find out soon enough I'm sure!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ryan Murphy On Building His 'Hotel'

The upcoming season that we’re doing is much more horror-based; it’s much more dark. It’s about a theme and an idea that’s very close to my heart that I’ve always wanted to do that’s a little bloodier and grislier I think than anything that we’ve done before; it’s straight horror this year.

We’re just finalizing Denis O’Hare’s deal, he’s going to come back. Everybody else is pretty much done.

Everybody in the show is very excited about this season, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters particularly because in every season thus far they’ve always been sort of the heroes, the good guy or the good lady so to speak, and this season they’re playing absolute evil villains so they’re very excited about that and I think people will really enjoy it.

This year, it’s a true ensemble and I think we have more male parts and more male stories. The Wes Bentley part is really big, the Matt Bomer part is really big; Evan Peters and Finn Wittrock are really big. That’s not to say that the women aren’t either; I mean Kathy Bates and Gaga and Paulson’s part and Angela Bassett’s part are great. But I guess it’s a different tone this year than we’ve had.

Sounding good so far...

Xiraiya

Nice.

Murder House was the best season, Asylum was okay, Quinto basically just being Sylar was great, but overall I liked Season 1 the best.

I also didn't really mind covern, haven't seen freakshow yet.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hotel premieres October 7.

Asked to discuss the various iterations of the franchise, Murphy said “true horror fans” love the first season which he said was a “very psychological” season and played with a lot of familiar tropes of the genre. “People who really like drama love Season 2, and Season 3 young people adored and we really saw those number go up dramatically.” The fourth and most recent season was the “most art-y, so we got those fans,” he said.

This coming season harkens back to Season 1, Murphy said, calling it, “much more rooted in honest, primal fears.”

Actors from earlier seasons of AHS will check into the hotel from hell this season, Murphy teased, explaining he likes the idea of the franchise’s characters “all being connected in some way” and that viewers will see this play out starting around Episode 6 or 7.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Much less nails on chalkboard as far as the opening theme goes.. which is nice...

but the visual flair of Coven is still the best out of all of them. Hands down.

How... HOW do they get so many fantastic actors on this show? Still blows my mind.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The new season starts in a four days - is anyone doing the OT?

theres no one down to do it in the OTofOTs and I dont think Ive seen anyone say they'll do it
Nem has done the last three so I guess if hes not no one is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom