• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

At the event for the new Sporting kit. Spied this sexy mofo:

zb7KBO8.jpg

EDIT :::::

Fixed the stupid rotation.

Meier

Adidas are killing it this season with those designs. Can't wait to see Orlando City next year. Love that retro Timbers shirt.

Meier

Think I might give it a go even without watching this season. Kind of weird to see bigger than 15 since all of the European fantasy league games use that. Torn between listing my actual favorite (Orlando City) and my second favorite (New York City) since they're going to give out prizes...

Is there a decent site to figure out some predicted starting XI's? I want to get some cheap guys but I hate just picking a guy who is cheap but will never play.. curious on some of these seeming rookies who are cheap.

It's game day. The US kick off in a little under four hours.

U.S. Men vs. Ukraine
Antonis Papadopoulos; Larnaca, Cyprus
March 5, 2014 @ 2 p.m. ET
ESPN2, WatchESPN, UniMas

In a stunning move, the USA knocks out all three teams in its group stag, beating Portugal and Germany...and staging a coup in Ghana to oust their population!

@BrianSciaretta: USMNT Starting XI vs Ukraine: Howard, Cameron, Onyewu, Brooks, Castillo, Jones, Kljestan, Bedoya, Dempsey, Johnson, Altidore

P26Yzd0.png

FootballFan

Stadium's completely empty. Understandably of course, just weird.

edit
So this game is actually being played in Cyprus? Ohh

Bumhead

Banned
Will be keeping an eye on this game to see how Onyewu does.

He plays for us currently (Sheffield Wednesday) but is too good for us really. Is with us to get first team football and fitness for the World Cup, although he's said he likes playing for us so have to see if we can keep him. Hope he plays well today. Good luck Gooch!

US is settling down a little and starting to control the ball. Brooks looks like a good passer out of the back, but I haven't seen much defense from him.

Silkworm

Ah, so the travel was why the lineup change keeping most of the MLS players at home. Makes sense. Just glad they found a way to still have this game.

Silkworm

We're going to get destroyed in the World Cup, aren't we?

The way this game was set up isn't exactly favorable for USA (different lineup, travel, lack of energy in the stadium whereas Ukraine wants a win to briefly offset troubles at home). Anyway, Ukraine ain't no slouch. ;-)

Edit: To be fair, USA is in one of (if not the) toughest groups in the World Cup so it might get ugly.

Silkworm

Ooops! Almost a second goal by Ukraine (was if the refs hadn't incorrectly called offsides). Hopefully USA's defense gets things sorted out soon.

Draconian

not sure what this game has to do with the world cup......that isn't going to be our starting back line......

Does anybody in our starting back line have experience defending players like Ronaldo or even Podolski? Not to mention that we haven't mounted any sort of attack at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom