• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

daoster

Holden's gone down in a BWFC match against Everton. I think it might be a youth squad game. He left the game, but was able to get back up on his feet. I hope all is well...

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1614...whimper-time-will-tell-its-true-?ICID=HP_HN_1

Dempsey's time at Fulham ended with zero goals and no wins. Does that make his loan spell a failure? Time will tell.

Clint Dempsey likely said his final goodbye to the Craven Cottage faithful on Saturday as he played in the final match of his loan spell with Fulham. He left to return to more pressing matters with the U.S. national team and Seattle Sounders.

The match wasn’t what Dempsey would have hoped for. He missed a clear early chance, and his Cottagers never really got going after that on their way to a 3-1 loss to Chelsea. Dempsey has scored against Chelsea on multiple occasions, but on this, likely his final match for Fulham, Dempsey couldn’t conjure any of the familiar magic. He scored zero goals in a loan stint unlikely to be remembered by Fulham fans, or any of Dempsey’s fans for that matter.

Askani

Oh Stu. That sucks man, but I don't think it's ever going to happen for you.

Your body just isn't going to do what you want it to do.

Lots of German-Americans in camp this week. Brooks is tall.

a4Q7RLh.jpg

Meier

Lots of German-Americans in camp this week. Brooks is tall.

http://i.imgur.com/a4Q7RLh.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hopefully they all work Julian hard. :)

Good to hear that Stu was able to get off the field under his own power but I think it's clear that he just needs to retire and move into a coaching role at this point. Sadly he's never going to be the same -- sometimes that's just the way it is.

daoster

American Underdogs: Slogging Away in the Shadows (An Oral History of the 1994 World Cup by Roger Bennet, part 1)

The frenzy surrounding the fast-approaching 2014 World Cup masks an important transformational milestone for anyone who cares about the United States and its football program: the 20th anniversary of 1994, the year the World Cup finals came to America.

I consider myself lucky to have glimpsed that U.S. squad experience on home soil. I remember watching with wonder and admiration as that gaggle of risk-takers, dreamers and pioneers swaggered onto the field in their stonewashed denim jerseys. Soccer in the U.S. has come so far, so fast since 1994 that we often forget the sacrifices those players had to make, and their true quality as footballers.

NoRéN

Hopefully they all work Julian hard. :)

Good to hear that Stu was able to get off the field under his own power but I think it's clear that he just needs to retire and move into a coaching role at this point. Sadly he's never going to be the same -- sometimes that's just the way it is.
reminds me of Solskjaer, just not as prolific.

There's a report out of Ukraine stating that the US friendly in Cyprus has been canceled, but not confirmation from US Soccer yet.

daoster

There's a report out of Ukraine stating that the US friendly in Cyprus has been canceled, but not confirmation from US Soccer yet.

The alternative looks pretty appetizing:

roger bennett ‏@rogbennett 18m
Ukraine media report team won't travel to Cyprus. If true, me, @IanDarke, @TaylorTwellman and @BobLeyESPN will be playing USMNT in Cyprus

xbhaskarx

There has to be some national team in Europe or the Mediterranean that's not playing during this international break... USSF should have been lining up an alternate opponent this whole time, it's not like these developments are unexpected.

Dartastic

There has to be some national team in Europe or the Mediterranean that's not playing during this international break... USSF should have been lining up an alternate opponent this whole time, it's not like these developments are unexpected.
Yeah, while that's true it still could be difficult to align schedules with another club. Additionally, you don't want to over work your teams, so who knows how that's gonna work out. Regardless, I feel really crappy for the Ukranians. Hopefully their families are safe.

I really like the new USA and LA Galaxy jersey. I personally like the collar and buttons. Some good news, both Penedo and Keane say they are ready for the season opener.

Dartastic

Official shots of the 2nd and 3rd kits of the Timbers. I like them both, but that 3rd kit. UNGGGGG....

2nd Kit (I love the thorn gradient - GO THORNS)
portland-timbers-adidas-2014-authentic-short-sleeve-away-jersey-red-black-choose-a-player-or-personalize-your-jersey-pre-order-48.jpg

3rd Kit
tim1051171403-4.jpg

daoster

Game back on!

U.S. Soccer ‏@ussoccer 33m
On #USAvUKR: "The Football Federation of Ukraine confirmed that their team will travel to Cyprus and the match will proceed as scheduled."

Osorio

Very odd timing for de Bontin to depart. However, it was the combination of Petke and Roxburgh who gave us our first trophy so it's not the worst news in the world.

That being said, with NYCFC looming it's important for RBNY to further establish itself in the market.

Nyx

How big is the chance Juan Agudelo will be a starter in Team USA in the coming matches and the World Cup?

(Cause if the chance is very slim, he probably won't get a workpermit for playing in England next season too)

You don't need to, they gave up on themselves.

don't remind me :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Some of my greatest memories of my hometown were going downtown during the summer, playing at my dad's university's computer lab (Duke Nukem or Diablo) all day, and then going to a night Astros game.

Or leaving the crazy 18 inning Astros playoff game early because I had a fucking Jazz concert I had to play at for a Youth Jazz program in Houston. Still pissed I missed the last three innings.

Or when Pujols hit the moonshot against Lidge in the playoffs, and the crazy stadium went silent, and me devastated. My dad turns to me and tells me 'now you know what it feels like to be a Red Sox fan'.

Fun story, I used to be the ball-boys at half-time down during HotShots games in Houston. I would hand out the free t-shirts or gifts, whatever it was they were handing out at the beginning of the game. Then during halftime, I'd go onto the field and kick balls into the crowd. I probably still have some memorabilia back in my parents closets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom