• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Oh shit. The fantasy league. I assume it's too late to join? This would be my first time doing anything like this, but I think it'd be fun.

daoster

No Altidore for Sunderland today. Poyet seemed to indicate that he was going to start, but he picked up a knock in training after returning from USMNT duty.

Anyone believe this? Could be true, could be an excuse. More likely the former.
I know Jozy will probably get a shot before the season closes out but their relationship seems to have deteriorated.

Didn't see this reported on the website, but on Friday's episode of espnfc, it was reported that Jozy and Poyet apparently had a war of words. Something about Jozy saying Sunderland isn't exactly easy to play with, and Poyet retorting back

NoRéN

Didn't see this reported on the website, but on Friday's episode of espnfc, it was reported that Jozy and Poyet apparently had a war of words. Something about Jozy saying Sunderland isn't exactly easy to play with, and Poyet retorting back
Start your bets on which MLS team altidore comes back to.

Toothpick

All my best players in fantasy were the ones i left on the bench. typical fantasy luck for me lol. Anyway, I scored a free pair of tickets to LA v RSL on saturday. It was all last minute so i arrived a bit late in the first half. Had a great time

Disappointed in the loss though, like others have said, LA had many chances but the finishing wasn't there. Basically the same thing happened from the last time LA and RSL met imo. I have no idea why the ref didn't count the first RSL goal tbh. And the last minute penalty, ehhh, ill take it haha. Rimando was just too good though

snapped a crappy pic

9ESUqGQ.jpg

Meier

Ah, I see. I know in the BPL one, if someone isn't playing, it automatically subs in someone. Is it like that?

I assume there are automatic substitutions as well, but in the Premier League you can't make a sub if the player you're subbing out has played. It appears you can here. I think they've just used the UEFA site model but expanded it to 18 players rather than 15. This is my first time playing the MLS game though so I'm just guessing based on what I saw.

I assume there are automatic substitutions as well, but in the Premier League you can't make a sub if the player you're subbing out has played. It appears you can here. I think they've just used the UEFA site model but expanded it to 18 players rather than 15. This is my first time playing the MLS game though so I'm just guessing based on what I saw.

The MLS game took out automatic subs, after having them last year.

Just found this thread, still buzzing from my trip to DC over the weekend watching Columbus absolutely dominate. Can I hop in the fantasy league? Had a great week 1 behind captain Higuain

daoster

USA Women going thru a rough patch...2 losses in a row, including a record (?) 5 goals scored on them. This was the first losing streak in 13 (!!!!) years!

daoster

Brek Shea is being sent back to Stoke from Barnsley three weeks earlier than scheduled.

So I guess they cut his loan spell short because of bad behavior...No Bueno, Brek!
USA international winger Brek Shea has had his loan spell at Barnsley cut short and has returned to parent club Stoke.

Shea was not included in Danny Wilson's squad for Saturday's home win against Nottingham Forest and it is understood the 24-year-old's omission was connected in part to his reaction to angry Barnsley fans the week before.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...-cut-short-031014?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:FOXSoccer

Osorio

Sounds like Shea flipped off some of the Barnsley fans during one of their games, and that had something to do with it. He's still one of the only aggressive, left-footed players that the US has in the pool.

I like him for any games where we have to park the bus.

He's nice on the counter

Hey I've been meaning to ask for people that watched the Sounders game on TV, what were the commentators saying about Okoli? Being there live, it felt like he really had a great impact off the bench. Tons of energy and speed, good skill on the ball, I was super impressed.

Askani

I don't remember a lot of specific talk because he isn't my player, but I seem to recall them talking up his age when he was coming on and they seemed pretty positive when discussing him.

xbhaskarx

A few weeks ago I said the first coach to be fired would be Ben Olsen or Ryan Nelsen, I didn't realize how long Olsen has been in charge, he still seems new to coaching but he's closing in on Bruce Arena...

How is this guy still employed??

MLS Power rankings:

- MLS Soccer
- SI.com
- ESPNFC

Ha, every team gets a paragraph on the MLS rankings except galaxy which simply says "They got Rimando'd."

All three have RSL at the top and SKC, Sounders and Timbers 2-4, which seems about right. I think SKC will be great this year, and we'll have Myers, Sinovic and Nags back for the CCL game tomorrow. Can't wait for that.

I'm sipping on some of THIS this morning. (Roasterie is the local KC coffee company.)

Naryy.St.81.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom