• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

I think SKC will be great this year, and we'll have Myers, Sinovic and Nags back for the CCL game tomorrow. Can't wait for that.

I so hope so. This obviously won't be the end of SKC if it goes badly, but it will show where we are as a team. Especially after coming off (another) hard Sounders loss.

I'm sipping on some of THIS this morning. (Roasterie is the local KC coffee company.)

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2014/01/28/10/36/Naryy.St.81.jpeg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Thought about getting some, but I'm just not a coffee guy. Unless it's QT flavored coffee junk that's more junk than coffee, it's not for me.

Askani

Well, it's officially official now:

Sporting Kansas City has signed Spanish midfielder Antonio Rodriguez Dovale, the club announced today. Dovale will be added to the team's 2014 roster upon receipt of his International Transfer Certificate and P-1 Visa and will occupy the club's fifth of eight available international roster spots.

“We are happy to be able to add a player of his quality to our roster,” Manager Peter Vermes said. “He can play multiple positions within our system and we hope that we can help him to adapt to our team and to Major League Soccer as quickly as possible.”

“I am very excited to be in Kansas City,” Dovale said. “Sporting KC is a very ambitious and successful club and I look forward to helping them achieve their goals. My motivation is high to come here and improve as a player and help this club any way possible.”

Dovale began his career in the youth system of Ural CF, a club in his hometown of A Coruña, Galicia, Spain. He then played four years in the Barcelona Academy alongside future professionals Jonathan Dos Santos (FC Barcelona), Thiago Alcântara (Bayern Munich) and Bojan Krkic (Ajax FC).

The Spanish midfielder signed a professional contract with second division club Celta de Vigo when he was 16 years old and played there for three years before going on a year-long loan to SD Huesca. Dovale returned to Celta de Vigo prior to the 2011-12 season and helped the club earn promotion to LigaBBVA with two goals in 30 appearances.

Hopefully it works out as well as our last Spanish signing.

I NEED MY TFC FIX.

Excited to see the new TFC here in Seattle this weekend. When ya'll signed Bradley, I immediately checked the schedule to see if our game against you was home or away, and I was super glad it was home. Hope the weather is better than the SKC game though...

Askani

Poor Stu. He should've rolled some points out of Charisma and into Constitution. That or he is just really shitty at saving throws.

EDIT :::::

Equip Cursed Knee. Increased Speed +5, First Touch +5, Durability -15, Cannot be unequipped.

kIdMuScLe

Anyone going to tomorrow's game of Galaxy Vs. Tijuana? I hope galaxy pulls one out... don't know if Tijuana is any good right now.

daoster

Looks like Zelalem is going to have to make his decision sooner than later.

According to Brian Sciaretta, Germany's U17 team has called him up, and if he plays for them, he will be forever lost to the USA (because Zelalem is not yet a citizen of the US).

I maintain the same thing about Zelalem that I do with Green. If the guy is really as special as some make him out to be, and he truly wants to play for USA, then he should go for it, damn what Wenger thinks. If the talent is there, the clubs will be there.

Choose USA, Zelalem! Do it!

v1lla21

Currently trying to park... I just hope Toluca doesn't embarrass us.
Are you at the match? I'm surprised the match is till tied. I'm currently sitting by the corner flag on Toluca's side.

Don't know if any of you know but Issac Brizuela is from San Jose and he attended Willow Glenn.

I'm at the game, too. I was over next to the Ultras where my tickets are, but we moved over into the middle. Sitting next to Greg Lalas and the rest of the MLS Soccer guys now.

Quakes hanging in there so far. Lots of stray passes.

xbhaskarx

Are you at the match? I'm surprised the match is till tied. I'm currently sitting by the corner flag on Toluca's side.

Don't know if any of you know but Issac Brizuela is from San Jose and he attended Willow Glenn.

Yeah I know about Brizuela, another one who got away...

I'm in 104

I'm at the game, too. I was over next to the Ultras where my tickets are, but we moved over into the middle. Sitting next to Greg Lalas and the rest of the MLS Soccer guys now.

Which side?

v1lla21

San Jose had a couple of good chances. I only counted two for Toluca. Wondo should've shot on the first chance he got inside the box towards the end of the first half.

I'm in 101. Sad that Earthquakes weren't able to score in front of me.

R.i.p. Stu. I've known you since I thought you were a pretty boy. Then you proved me wrong your second year with the dynamo. Fast forward to now.... :(

Alan Gordon.

They should have had a couple more but 1-1 is better than I was expecting...
It's not going to be enough to win this tie, but I'm more optimistic about the season. Once they get Goodson, Gorlitz, and Djalo in the lineup, the team should be solid. Pierazzi looked like a good addition once he got going in the 2nd half.

NoRéN

Good stuff by the quakes.

Still, I hope I live to see the day when MLS teams don't settle for nothing less than beating liga mx teams at home.

Dartastic

I'd like to try that coffee, as well as DC's Tradition beer and Portland's Green and Gold beer
The Green and Gold beer isn't bad. I like it.
Nagbe! And Atticus! Really glad they're showing the Green Machine thing. :)

Also, the SBI Show answered my question about who the Timbers might go after for a DP slot. Nice.

- Galarcep's latest USMNT WC Squad predictions
GOALKEEPERS: Tim Howard, Brad Guzan, Nick Rimando
DEFENDERS: Geoff Cameron, Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez, Fabian Johnson, Brad Evans, Clarence Goodson, Michael Orozco, DaMarcus Beasley
MIDFIELDERS: Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Alejandro Bedoya, Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Graham Zusi, Kyle Beckerman, Mix Diskerud.
FORWARDS: Jozy Altidore, Aron Johannsson, Terrence Boyd, Eddie Johnson
Full explanation via the link.

daoster

listened to this last night, was a great interview. Like Klinsmann's sense of humor.

Yeap.

I won't lie. I kinda teared up a little hearing Rog Bennet's intro and hearing all the crazy games we've had in the Klinsmann era, and it's not even the WC yet!

Men in Blazers is the only reason why I'm going to buy FIFA WC 14, even though it'll probably be a rush job.

Clydefrog

After a quick scramble of trying to get a USA - Germany ticket again, they were all gone. *bites fingernails*

I don't know what to do. They're going for like $500 on eBay.

After a quick scramble of trying to get a USA - Germany ticket again, they were all gone. *bites fingernails*

I don't know what to do. They're going for like $500 on eBay.
I imagine that prices will trend down as we get closer to the Summer and I don't think I've seen a WC game where you couldn't scalp tickets in front if you wanted to. You'll just have to be VERY careful if you go that route. Maybe keep your eyes peeled on places like BigSoccer and hope someone can't make it to Brazil and has tickets for sale?

Clydefrog

I imagine that prices will trend down as we get closer to the Summer and I don't think I've seen a WC game where you couldn't scalp tickets in front if you wanted to. You'll just have to be VERY careful if you go that route. Maybe keep your eyes peeled on places like BigSoccer and hope someone can't make it to Brazil and has tickets for sale?

Thanks, CB. I was hoping to get some info from someone who has been before. I should probably sign up on BigSoccer. I agree that buying scalped tickets at the game is most likely a last resort.

xbhaskarx

He's gotten them to the conference finals and won a US Open Cup despite that terrible record.

I'm not trying to stir, but "Overall Goal Differential"? Pls

Wait, what exactly is wrong with goal differential? I'd say it's a FAR better indicator of a team's performance than winning some trophy most people don't care about by barely squeaking by the Richmond Kickers after gutting their roster.

Askani

lol

Already had my first run in with a Cruz fan.

"Dude, if you're a Cruz fan, you can't sit here." I say, CLEARLY joking with a smile.

"Fuck you, we sit where we want."

"Oh, I know. Sit wherever. I'm just giving you guys a hard time. Good luck today."

"Fuck you <something Spanish>."

"K. Fuck you too then!"

Soccer...serious business!

v1lla21

lol

"Dude, if you're a Cruz fan, you can't sit here." I say, CLEARLY joking with a smile.

"Oh, I know. Sit wherever. I'm just giving you guys a hard time. Good luck today."

lol. People were saying shit to me yesterday because I was the only Mexican cheering for the Earthquakes around me.

lol

"K. Fuck you too then!"

Sheesh, I can't remember which Mexican side it was, but the last time I went to a Sounders game against one, I had a family behind me from Arizona who made the trek all the way up to watch their squad. I gave the little kids a high five when their team scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom