• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sciaretta said:
US U20 starting XI vs Jamaica: Steffen, Requejo,, Moore, Carter-Vickers, Miazga, Hyndman, Canouse, Thompson, Gall, Jamieson, Spencer

The table based on other results, via BigSoccer:
Good results for us. Panama did their job beating Trinidad, and T&T lost two players for our game in the process.

And Aruba played their best game by far, keeping Guatemala on their toes.

PAN 12/+8
GUA 10/+5
USA 4/+7
T&T 4/+1
JAM 1/-3
ARU 0/-18

Nesotenso

Standings headed into the final matches: (pts/goal diff)

PAN 12/+8
GUA 10/+5
USA 7/+9
T&T 4/+1
JAM 1/-5
ARU 0/-18

so if I have the format right, it seems Panama and Mexico play for the Championship but we can still get into the world cup. Would have been great to win a championship but I'll take a WC appearance. Is there a u17 cup this calendar year?

Yeah, looks like the US will likely play against El Salvador or Honduras in an elimination match after the group phase is done. Winner goes to the WC, loser goes home.

Next game is Wed at 5:30pm ET versus T&T. That's the final group phase match.

xbhaskarx

Montreal Impact lands Belgium international defender Laurent Ciman

The 29-year-old veteran of the Belgium Jupiler League will be a designated player for the Impact.

MONTREAL - As first reported by Patrick Friolet of RDS, the Montreal Impact has signed Standard Liege defender Laurent Ciman, a source from the Belgium club confirmed to Goal Canada. Goal has also learned that the 29-year-old will arrive on a free transfer from Standard Liege after next Sunday's game against club rival Anderlecht and will stay in Montreal for three seasons with the option of a two-year extension.

Ciman has played over 200 games with Standard Liege, Clube Brugge and Royal Charleroi in the Belgium Jupiler League, as well as over 20 games in the Champions League and Europa League. He was also a member of the Belgium squad that reached the quarterfinals of last summer’s World Cup in Brazil.

Ciman is the Impact’s second designated player after Argentine playmaker Ignacio Piatti.

The club is also looking to add a forward as well as a left fullback before the start of training camp, which kicks off at the Olympic Stadium on Thursday.

Cystm

Brazilian legend Ronaldo, 38, aims for shock comeback in NASL

Click sniffing headline, but:

I will train a lot, and if the coach needs me, maybe [return to playing],” Ronaldo said. “It’s easy to get in shape – you have to train. To play a soccer game you have to be in very good shape so I will try. I’ll start another challenge and I’m sure it will help the league and it will help the team and help soccer in America.

isi62cHzZ86xE.png
isi62cHzZ86xE.png
isi62cHzZ86xE.png

Half-empty stadiums are an MLS staple, they don't want to rock the boat too much now.
The Quakes are going to fill the empty seats with allocation money. Sarcasm aside, ticket sales are apparently going very well, but if the team doesn't perform well, that won't last long.
So glad both Sam Cronin and Atiba Harris are no longer with the Earthquakes...
So what do you think the intent is here? Just play Pierazzi as d-mid behind a front 5, or are they shopping for another center midfielder?

xbhaskarx

So what do you think the intent is here? Just play Pierazzi as d-mid behind a front 5, or are they shopping for another center midfielder?

I think that may be the plan although who knows if he can do it or not... in any case the PIerazzi-Cronin pairing was just painful so at least that is over.

xbhaskarx

Will Parchman: Billy Haisley is rigged

Billy Haisley has fast become the internet’s Great MLS Agitator. He once tried to actively convince you to not watch MLS. An unabashed critic of the league’s steps, Haisley’s written time and time again about how the league knowingly defrauds its fans through a rules set it tilts toward a handful of Haves. Which, somehow, is unlike any other league structure in the world. We’ll get to that in a bit.

On Monday, Haisley released his Magnum Opus, his shining monument to MLS hatred. Entitled “MLS Is Putting The Fix In For Toronto FC, Right Before Our Eyes,” Haisley asserts MLS is totally rigged. Like a mayoral election in Chicago in the 30′s. Rigged.

So let’s look into the article to examine, point-by-point, just what in the hell he’s talking about.

If only MLS was more like Europe and teams couldn't just try to buy success by spending lots of money on good players...

xbhaskarx

sigh...

Kinnear remains hopeful the Earthquakes can reach deals with defender Marvell Wynne and midfielders Sanna Nyassi and Leandro Barrera before camp opens Sunday.

"It would be wonderful to get these deals done," the coach said. "As of right now we're not 100 percent."

Kinnear described the process to sign players as long with so many layers involving the single-enity MLS, agents and other teams in the case of Barrera's Argentinos Juniors.

As difficult as reaching deals with the trio, getting a third designated player will be even more problematic. Kinnear said the team has talked about acquiring a third high-priced player for the past six weeks. "Saying and doing it" aren't the same thing, Kinnear added. "You're getting into a different pool of economics."

Esch

Banned
Not sure how i feel about Nguyen's new clean look. Makes him lose that no fucks given warrior swag.

grow it back lee

Osorio

Looks like we're in the market for Jean Andrew-Baptiste.

Was part of the academy, played 10 games for Chivas USA. Nobody picked him up in the dispersal draft. Looks to be quite shit. Any impressions Dart?

Osorio

We signed Kyle Reynish as backup. Got him for next year's third-round pick

Former Cosmos goalie

Friend of Ali C.

Hope to never see him play.

xbhaskarx

I still don't understand why no team selected Jean Andrew-Baptiste in the dispersal draft.

I wonder if Chicago trading Reynish means Jon Busch is headed back to the Fire to back up Sean Johnson...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom