• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Apparently Jozy's new contract is 5 years $30m.

He's officially making more than Mario Mandzukic did when he played for Bayern. Jokes.

I pointed out to you earlier that Mandzukic and any Bayern players' wage is reported post tax. American contracts (and English contracts) are reported pre-tax. Jozy's take home will be a little more than half whatever the reported amount is.

Osorio

I will say that I'm excited about Jozy and Bradley working together on a regular basis. Their chemistry should be golden when they lace up for the national team.

Cystm

His agent is apparently pretty good and Garber is on some pokemon shit for USMNT players.

I watched a lot of games for teams that had USMNT players on the team. Mainly because Chicago was shit tier and watching them was depressing, but still, the appeal is obviously there, Garber is smart to try to bring as much of that as he can to the league.

However, he overpaid the fuck out of Jozy.

Adjusted US Jan Camp roster w/ Altidore and Hedges in. Evans heads home with a knee problem.
U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION

GOALKEEPERS (4): Alex Bono (unattached), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Jon Kempin (Sporting Kansas City), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (8): Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), Christian Dean (Vancouver Whitecaps FC), Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution), Perry Kitchen (D.C. United), Shane O’Neill (Colorado Rapids), Oscar Sorto (LA Galaxy), Matt Hedges (FC Dallas)

MIDFIELDERS (10): Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Mix Diskerud (NYCFC), Dennis Flores (Club Leon), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake), Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United FC), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution), Marc Pelosi (Liverpool), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids), Brek Shea (Orlando City SC), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC)

FORWARDS (7): Tesho Akindele (FC Dallas), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Julio Morales (Tepic), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy), Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC)
Matches are on Jan 28th in Chile and Feb 8th vs Panama in LA.

Osorio

10903729_1547724845474081_878439433_n.jpg

He knows what he's getting into

I pointed out to you earlier that Mandzukic and any Bayern players' wage is reported post tax. American contracts (and English contracts) are reported pre-tax. Jozy's take home will be a little more than half whatever the reported amount is.

So he's making Angel di Maria money. Still hilarious.

Meier

So he's making Angel di Maria money. Still hilarious.

Di Maria is on £280k a week at United. His gross salary is about 4 times Jozy's reported salary (ADM makes around $22m per year). $6m a year is the equivalent of about £4m per year which would be £80k a week -- what Defoe is now making at Sunderland.

Jozy is absolutely being overpaid but that is what the new market value is in MLS for major players (Bradley, Dempsey, Kaka, Villa, etc. are all over $6m per year). For awhile, it was in that $4-4.5m range but the bar has now been raised.

xbhaskarx

I think Jozy is overpaid, but I'm not seeing the relevance of Mandzukic and Di Maria... were they interested in coming to MLS but no team was willing to pay them as much as Altidore?
A recent article mentioned that MLS teams tried to bring Chicharito over here twice... the league can only sign guys who want to come here.

xbhaskarx

U.S. Soccer @ussoccer
GK @Alex25Bono learns in front of his teammates that he's been drafted by @torontoFC. #priceless
B7dP0hoCIAADtpU.jpg:large
Bono joins the list of college players to get called in to the US national team, but not the list of college players to play for the US national team like Jordan Morris...

U.S. Soccer YNT @ussoccer_ynt
U-20 MNT players watching #MLS #SuperDraft on phones in Jamaica to see where teammate @Con_don_20 will go.
B7aKc5UIEAEOnJ2.jpg:large
Donovan was the only college player on the U-20 roster, so now the roster is all professionals.

Osorio

These questions blow

I wish I was there.

You're a season ticket holder from '96 and you're gonna ask about what high-profile star is coming next?

Come ooooon

Osorio

Sounds like Cahill is gone.

Trying to get Stolz to sign in the next 2 days.

The "hard-hitting" questions have dissipated. What a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom