• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

B_Gnn1xU8AEAlDH.jpg:large

‏@OrlandoCitySC
BREAKING: Operation #FillTheBowl is complete! 60,000 tickets sold! YOU have #FilledTheBowl!
https://twitter.com/OrlandoCitySC/status/572422934402220033

Judderman

drawer by drawer
John Wolyniec has been named the head coach of NYRB II.

HARRISON, N.J. (March 2, 2015) – The New York Red Bulls announced today that former player and current assistant coach John Wolyniec has been named head coach of New York Red Bulls II, the organization’s USL affiliate, for the inaugural 2015 season.

Recently retired Ibrahim Sekagya and former Columbus Crew goalkeeping coach Vadim Kirillov will serve on Wolyniec’s staff.

“I’m grateful to the organization for this opportunity,” said Wolyniec. “NYRB II represents an important platform in our player development system. Our goal is to create an environment for our young players to have a chance to train and play in a professional setting and get meaningful minutes to prepare them for careers in MLS.”

Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 1h
MLS negotiations Sunday ran from 1 pm until midnight. Clark Hunt among owners. Another session in DC today. Jonathan Kraft expected

Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 22m22 minutes ago
Bobby Boswell on MLS cba talks: "We have made a lot of concessions and we’re trying to keep the ball rolling. It’s in their court."

Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 20m20 minutes ago
"We have all the guys here with full expectations that it will go the distance" thru Tuesday, Bobby Boswell says of CBA sessions in DC

Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 17m17 minutes ago
Boswell "People aren’t throwing chairs. Some of it's philosophical but we’re all trying to hear each other out, make moves to get deal done"

some slightly good news?

i feel like we'd be hearing more negative stuff if they were far apart here *shrug*

xbhaskarx

I don't know if it's possible to have a third division related bombshell but this is pretty surprising, given the recent rebrand, D2 aspirations, talk of 40 teams by the end of the decade, etc.

Beau Dure ‏@duresport
Tim Holt leaves USL. Didn't see THAT coming.

USL press release:
USL Announces Executive Changes

The United Soccer League today announced a set of senior leadership changes. Tim Holt has elected to resign as USL President to pursue other professional opportunities. Jake Edwards will succeed Holt as USL President.

“It is with profound sadness that the USL accepts Tim’s resignation,” CEO Alec Papadakis said. “Tim’s career with the USL has spanned more than 16 years. Most recently, he has been one of the key architects in the USL’s six-year-long transformation into the strong and stable organization that it is today. Tim’s unquestionable integrity and strong ethical standards are qualities admired not only by those in our organization, but throughout the soccer industry. His dedication and loyalty to the USL and his contribution to American soccer deserve not only our admiration, but national recognition as well.

Edwards has served as Executive Vice President since 2014, overseeing the USL’s recent rebranding and serving an important role in the development of its strategic growth plan.

I don't mind not having a season if it means some of these guys get paid what they're worth. Some legitimately make 40k a year and that's insane. They need to get paid.

Askani

Canadian International Player Contract News! I guess I missed this earlier today. As others are saying, too bad for Seth Sinovic because I can't imagine we signed this guy to ride pine.

MLSSoccer.com said:
Sporting Kansas City continued their offseason makeover on Monday by announcing that they have signed Canadian international left back Marcel de Jong.

De Jong is the 13th player added by Kansas City ahead of their return to the Western Conference. Sporting are scheduled to kick off the 2015 season against the team that knocked them out of last year's playoffs, the New York Red Bulls on Sunday at Sporting Park (7pm ET, FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes).

The 28-year-old de Jong, last with German Bundesliga club Augsburg, has made 31 career appearances for Canada, debuting in November 2007.

More at link: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 6m6 minutes ago
Getting word MLS has rejected all of players' proposed compromises. Hardliners are "running league into ditch"

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider · 4m 4 minutes ago
If #cba talks don't improve, hard to believe D.C. United players would show for CONCACAF match tomorrow. #mls

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider · 2m 2 minutes ago
Owners' apparent lone proposal: player age 32 with 10 years' experience with same club can become free agent. #mls

oh boy

Askani

Gross.

Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 2m
Owners' apparent lone proposal: player age 32 with 10 years' experience with same club can become free agent. #mls​

Askani

So practically no one? How many players in the league fit this discription?

Brian Sciaretta ‏@BrianSciaretta 2m
Congrats Brad Davis.. You're the ONLY MLS player that qualifies as a free agent under the owner's proposal @Brad_Davis11​

Steven Goff @SoccerInsider · 4m 4 minutes ago
If #cba talks don't improve, hard to believe D.C. United players would show for CONCACAF match tomorrow. #mls

Well they didnt show up last week...

I assume Montreal is too proudly Canadian to tank the Champions League. This is there one and only opportunity to shine.

I wonder if the Orlando and NYCF owners are shitting themselves? This could tank their team for a decade.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well they didnt show up last week...

I assume Montreal is too proudly Canadian to tank the Champions League. This is there one and only opportunity to shine.

I wonder if the Orlando and NYCF owners are shitting themselves? This could tank their team for a decade.

The owners of Orlando and NYCFC have got to be shitting bricks, I can't imagine they aren't trying to push for a compromise. The owners have got to find a way to compromise, there's no way they're presenting a united front on this. If this stalemate doesn't break I imagine we'll find out who the dicks holding this up are.

They mentioned the word free agency! Progress! *barfs*

so what if they could get it down to like 28 years old and 5-7 years in the league? Would you accept if you were the players?

also the offer stinks of offering the absolute minumum and then conceding to something better to for leverage in the future but that's just me trying to be optimistic as all fuck

kIdMuScLe

I don't know why the owners are mad though... They could go the NFL route since MLS already has the salary cap and the union is not that strong Just like the NFLPA. Just give them restricted free agency after 3 or 4 years and true free agency after 5 or 6 years. Whats the big fucking deal?

I don't know why the owners are mad though... They could go the NFL route since MLS already has the salary cap and the union is not that strong Just like the NFLPA. Just give them restricted free agency after 3 or 4 years and true free agency after 5 or 6 years. Whats the big fucking deal?

Loss of control and power.

Askani

Jorge Arangure ‏@jorgearangure 18m
Source close to negotiations on the 10 year/32 year old MLS FA proposal: "old info. we've moved and improved it since then."​

Jorge Arangure ‏@jorgearangure 3m
Asked Source if we'll see FA in new CBA. Response: Yes. But only if they accept now. If they strike, FA will likely be pulled off the table​

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jorge Arangure ‏@jorgearangure 18m
Source close to negotiations on the 10 year/32 year old MLS FA proposal: "old info. we've moved and improved it since then."​

Jorge Arangure ‏@jorgearangure 3m
Asked Source if we'll see FA in new CBA. Response: Yes. But only if they accept now. If they strike, FA will likely be pulled off the table​

I wonder what the new offer is, I hope to god it's better than just offering to give Brad Davis (and no one else) Free Agency.

Any free agency is a foot in the free agency door so I guess as long as the offer is not as insulting as the first one the players will probably take it.

I'm pretty sure some of them wouldn't mind about having free agency. I'm just wondering how pissed these new owners are for their franchise devaluing after paying those hefty entry fee. Lol!

actually I wonder if there is any friction between the newer owners (say after 2010) and the old crew from the start because of this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
actually I wonder if there is any friction between the newer owners (say after 2010) and the old crew from the start because of this.

Orlando and NYCFC probably just want to avoid a strike at this point. My money is on the KC owner, other than him I can't begin to imagine who else.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I demand names to be released. We're literally about to enter what's arguably the most important and biggest season in MLS history and some people just want to watch it all burn?

I'd like to know as well. I presume we'll find out at some point in the future though. I just want to know so I'll know what teams to root against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom