• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Really happy!

Time to watch my team get crushed. I'm excited for the season despite the roster remaining the same and our best player being suspended for the beginning of the year.

Wow 60k is higher than I was expecting! Hope that is good info, but yes 7 years is a while.

also puts the new cba potentially a year from a new tv deal...

new tv deal is for 8 years right?

Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves 8m8 minutes ago
So #MLSCBA deal is done. Hearing lots of players unhappy w/final deal. I'm told 7 teams voted against it (KC, RSL, RBNY, NYC, MON, FCD, COL)

hmmm

biggest league in the world at 2022 is a joke. if 15% increase to salary cap happens yearly and that's being generous that would put it at only 10 million and change...

How have I not seen this thread before? I'll have to remember to come post in here during Union games.

I swear, the community sub-forums are the same as page 2 of a Google search result.

Meier

Here are some details:

According to a source with direct knowledge of the deal, the new collective bargaining agreement is a five-year deal that creates free agency for players 28 years of age or older, with at least eight years experience. According to that source, a players' raise through free agency is capped depending on salary.

Players who are making less than $100,000 have a capped increase of up to 125-percent of their previous salary, players making between $100,000-$200,000 have a cap of up to 120-percent, and players making more than $200,000 have a cap of up to 115-percent.

In addition, the new CBA includes a minimum salary of $60,000, a substantial step up from the 2014 minimum of $36,500. The minimum will increase incrementally per year. The source said there was also an increase in the overall salary cap, though they could not immediately provide that number.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...-avoid-strike-orlando-city-20150304-post.html

Sebastian Salazar @SebiSalazarCSN · 11m 11 minutes ago
Source: Based off #MLS last offer on Tuesday night, players voted 18 to 1 to strike. League was informed of strike vote this AM. #MLSCBA

owners caved. also how fuckin awful was the original offer.

How have I not seen this thread before? I'll have to remember to come post in here during Union games.

I swear, the community sub-forums are the same as page 2 of a Google search result.

aw yea another Union fan.

Osorio

Amen brother

I have a hard time resisting that new home kit, I want it...

Blugh. There's so many beautiful jerseys out there which aren't ruined by that logo!

At this point I even took that sweet track jacket they gave to last year's season ticket holders and patched over the Red Bull logo with a Deportivo FAS logo

I can finally wear that jacket outside without the crest burning a hole in my heart

xbhaskarx

Predictions y'all?

I'll get to the other ones when I look at the schedule but I think it's gonna be 3-1 KC on Sunday

You're talking about predictions just for the opening round of games?

I'd be more interested in people's predictions for the final standings in each conference, given all the changes...

Edit: Here are mine, after putting a few minutes worth of thought into it...

East
1. Toronto
2. Columbus
3. New England
4. New York City
5. Orlando City
6. New York Red Bulls
7. Chicago
8. Philadelphia
9. Montreal
10. DC

West
1. Seattle
2. Dallas
3. LA
4. Vancouver
5. Kansas City
6. RSL
7. Portland
8. San Jose
9. Houston
10. Colorado

Man that is brutal even with six playoff teams, lots of teams are going to have their hopes crushed...

I'll pick Seattle to beat Columbus for the MLS Cup after buying Alonso down to non-DP status and adding another big name (someone like Wesley Sneijder) in the summer.

xbhaskarx

I'm legit surprised that nobody seems to be apprehensive about a work stoppage.....

MLS players union votes to authorize strike

Posted: March 12, 2010

I'll worry about it once we actually miss a game...

The fear is real brahs. We didn't take it seriously enough and now here we are. Garber and his cronies will go full on NFL.

I'm not worried yet... wake me up when we start rescheduling missed regular season games.

What did I say... Rafa I hope you didn't have a heart attack from worrying so much.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Predictions y'all?

I'll get to the other ones when I look at the schedule but I think it's gonna be 3-1 KC on Sunday

No way it's that bad, yes we're missing Henry but we've made a few good acquisitions for our attack. Plus I believe in Robles.

2-1 NY

1-0 Orlando (Kaka is going to have more of an effect on the game than Villa)

xbhaskarx

biggest league in the world at 2022 is a joke.
lol is that really their goal?

It's not, but like others here you don't have to let a lack of reading comprehension keep you from believing it is, to fit whatever narrative you're going for...

“At the end of the day, we want to be one of the top soccer leagues in the world. And we want to try to achieve that by 2022,” Garber said. “We want to the league of choice, the league of choice for players, for sponsors, for fans.”

What goal should they set? "We just hope to still be in business!" Do people not understand what "goals" are? It's not like if they don't meet it there will be repercussions. "Well we failed, shows over folks, time to disband MLS!"

Esch

Banned
I mean it's not like they're out here to say something like "we hope we're consistently better than Liga MX in CL competition by 2022". bit flaccid.

Cystm

What did I say... Rafa I hope you didn't have a heart attack from worrying so much.

iYZGo5yvxfWsT.png

xbhaskarx

It's easy to be carefree with other people's money. Obviously MLS should just spend their way to the top, like Parma with their > $100 million in debt... what could possibly go wrong? Oh wait unlike the MLS players union there could be an actual strike!

xbhaskarx

Speaking of Parma...

Transfer Watch: Uruguay international Cristian "Cebolla" Rodriguez looking for MLS move?
Uruguayan international Cristian “El Cebolla” Rodriguez was linked with MLS on Wednesday, with the Parma winger saying in a radio interview that he’s looking to leave the financially troubled Serie A club in search of playing time ahead of this summer’s Copa America.
"What is happening here is a shame, the employees haven't been paid in seven months. Some players abandoned the team because of the situation. I could find a team in the United States or Brazil for the next three or four months, this would allow me to play and find my form."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom