• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
MLS Live is a piece of garbage this year. Last week I was getting blackouts for half the games and this week the games crash every time I send them to my Chromecast. What a waste of money.

Dartastic

This Portland game is frustrating as fuck. We definitely look like the better team, but we aren't doing anything with our chances and Vancouver scored off of a bullshit set piece that never should have been given. Also, the ref is ass. So frustrating.

Lenz44

Banned
This Portland game is frustrating as fuck. We definitely look like the better team, but we aren't doing anything with our chances and Vancouver scored off of a bullshit set piece that never should have been given. Also, the ref is ass. So frustrating.

So standard Vancouver play?

I've been watching international soccer since the late 80s and have never seen softer red cards than I do in the MLS. High studs to chest is bad, but the ref needs to factor in the play and intent. A player turning around to kick a high ball isn't showing anything malicious, and deserves a yellow for the accidental outcome. Nobody was hurt, even accidentally.

I'm happy if Dallas drops this match, but it shouldn't go down like this.

Lenz44

Banned
Conversely, if Dallas wins this then it's far more impressive. Great free kick off the crossbar.

Eh, Seattle can't get any kind of attack going. Dallas thrives on set pieces, so they can still get some goals being a man down. Also I hate Michel's face.

I'm still hoping for a Seattle draw and get a point out of it. If we can get a win, great- but with the depleted roster it's going to be tough sledding.

Eh, Seattle can't get any kind of attack going. Dallas thrives on set pieces, so they can still get some goals being a man down. Also I hate Michel's face.

I'm still hoping for a Seattle draw and get a point out of it. If we can get a win, great- but with the depleted roster it's going to be tough sledding.

Even with your B squad, spread out the damn field and attack. Dallas doesn't look like the shorthanded team right now. Spacing is your friend.

wtf man where was Villa? My friend and I went to the game just to see him.

We left at half time when we figured we had been duped.

Pathetic loss for Nycfc :lol

Cystm

Chad Barret is the worst forward in the league.

Edit: Wow. This guy is so fucking bad. Another easy goal and he blows it. Again.

TeegsD

There is just nothing up front for us, still holding out though

Welp, couldnt get through even with the man advantage for 70"+

If only Barrett wasn't terrible

xbhaskarx

NY Times: Haji Wright, a Rising 17-Year-Old American, Is Said to Join the Cosmos

As the goals piled up for Haji Wright, a rising star for the United States’ under-17 national team, the biggest question was whether he would continue his development in M.L.S. or leave for Europe.

On Saturday, Wright committed to begin his professional career in the United States, but he will do so with the New York Cosmos of the North American Soccer League, according to people familiar with the deal.

The Cosmos are expected to formally announce the signing of Wright — a former Los Angeles Galaxy academy player who turned 17 on Friday — as early as Monday. He is expected to train with the Cosmos’ first team immediately. The N.A.S.L. regular season opens on Saturday with four matches, including a visit by the Cosmos to the Fort Lauderdale Strikers.

The signing of Wright is the latest signal from the Cosmos and the N.A.S.L., officially the second tier in the American soccer pyramid, that the league intends to compete with M.L.S. for players, fans and attention. M.L.S. had fired its own shot in that battle last week by announcing that it would accept an existing N.A.S.L. club, Minnesota United F.C., as an expansion team in 2018.

Wright’s stock has been on the rise for several years. He had an impressive showing at the 2013 Nike International Friendlies, a tournament featuring the United States, Portugal, England and Brazil. Wright scored five goals in three games, won the tournament’s golden boot as its top scorer and earned training time with the Galaxy’s first team.

That success has continued. Wright scored 18 goals in 22 games for the under-17s in 2014, including the winning goal in the Aegean Cup final, a 2-1 victory for the United States over host Turkey. And in March, he helped the United States qualify for the U-17 World Cup this summer in Chile.

Wright trained with the German club Schalke 04 this year, and many fans who follow youth national teams expected him to become part of the trend of young Americans heading to Europe. At least five members of the U-17 team are under contract with European clubs, as is more than half the U-20 squad.

Mully

Had to bartend tonight so I missed the Metro game. Searching for a replay will be the death of me. The highlights did a really good job of depicting how crappy the announcers are for the Crew. They sound like college announcers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Had to bartend tonight so I missed the Metro game. Searching for a replay will be the death of me. The highlights did a really good job of depicting how crappy the announcers are for the Crew. They sound like college announcers.

The game was on MSG, so maybe on-demand has it.

I'm liking the Red Bulls' pressure up front when the opponent has the ball coming out of the backfield. So far, they've been forcing a lot of mistakes. Now, I'm sad I have to wait two weeks to see them in action again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom