• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osorio

It's the nature of the game. Not sure why you guys don't just move on.

I'm sure everyone has moved on from Petke, but I don't think anybody expected this kind of start from Marsch.

And I'm not sure why people don't understand that Petke was more than a coach. He symbolized the only thing that made the club feel like a club with history, and a club with local roots. He instilled a sense of pride in the team which I've never seen any coach do previously. For a team named after an energy drink, that shit matters.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I also don't remember the last time we've started this well.

Poor Petke, nothing is going to plan.

I like how we've started and it's enough to quiet down everyone, but if we don't make it past the first round or two of the playoffs everything will just wind up resetting to where it was before the season started.

He should just take that DC job for now.

I'm sure everyone has moved on from Petke, but I don't think anybody expected this kind of start from Marsch.

And I'm not sure why people don't understand that Petke was more than a coach. He symbolized the only thing that made the club feel like a club with history, and a club with local roots. He instilled a sense of pride in the team which I've never seen any coach do previously. For a team named after an energy drink, that shit matters.

Plus it's how the whole thing went down.

Cystm

Y'all ready for the shitshow

At least this game should feature one shot on goal

iZATWH0oQN82Y.png

Bonus Henry smilies:

ieGW0GgOrAeOV.png

iblWYUnMvwqUNl.png

Welcome to the club! The sooner you admit your team will be terrible for years and years to come, the better you will be. Eventually that frustration and disappointment turns into laughter so it all works out in the end.

How long do I have to endure the frustration and disappointment before I get to the laughter?

Its been 5 years already

Edit: lololol at that red

Edit: the laughter happened!!! Yasss

Osorio

Agreed. Let's keep it that way. :D

Also, Red Bull Gaf, if I wanted to join a supporter's club, which one would you recommend?

Depends on your lifestyle really.

Viking Army is pro-Red Bull (even the company), very friendly, bro-ish type group, jagerbomb city

ESC is varied, accepts everyone, is about tradition, good people that go back to the 90's with the club and team. They're the most accessible but their politics have come across as spineless to me lately. If you're pro-Metro go all out, not this in between shit they're doing

GSU is pro-NJ, pro-Red Bull, yet left-wing politics (?). They seem all about being contrarian to the wishes of ESC but they have their merits if you associate with alternative lifestyles. Their group is mostly based around the NJ rock scene and maybe NY. They're the most violent group of the bunch and some of them aspire to be hooligans in the 80's in England sense.

xbhaskarx

It's a crime that Harry Shipp doesn't have three assists (thanks Igboanike and Stephens) today... pretty much sums up everything that's currently wrong with the US national team (and Klinsmann) that he's never been called in at any level.

Meier

Philly played pretty well after going down to 10. Chicago should have had a second there in the 86th or so but they didn't seem to have a man advantage for most of the rest of that time.

Depends on your lifestyle really.

Viking Army is pro-Red Bull (even the company), very friendly, bro-ish type group, jagerbomb city

ESC is varied, accepts everyone, is about tradition, good people that go back to the 90's with the club and team. They're the most accessible but their politics have come across as spineless to me lately. If you're pro-Metro go all out, not this in between shit they're doing

GSU is pro-NJ, pro-Red Bull, yet left-wing politics (?). They seem all about being contrarian to the wishes of ESC but they have their merits if you associate with alternative lifestyles. Their group is mostly based around the NJ rock scene and maybe NY. They're the most violent group of the bunch and some of them aspire to be hooligans in the 80's in England sense.

Stay away from the Viking guys, they're straight up nuts.

Thanks for the insight, guys. Appreciate it.

Thing is, I don't get out to many games so I don't know if joining a group is worth it at this time. Last season, I was only able to get out to RBA to see them face Columbus. I'd like to be a STH down the road though.

xbhaskarx

#USMNT's Gold Cup group is set. Honduras joins Panama, Haiti, USA in Group A after 3-0 playoff second-leg win over French Guiana (4-3 agg.)

xbhaskarx

The last five minutes have been insane lol

Olmes Garcia blowing it by not passign to Sandoval

Dike to Jackson (good to see Dike back)

Sandoval to Morales to Allen (19 year old hgp)

Azuran

Banned
Screwed by the ref and choking a result in the last 5 minutes.

Just another typical TFC game. Fans of other teams don't know how good they have it.

xbhaskarx

Well that was definitely the game of the week, just based on all the drama at the end. Hell just watching Morales and Giovinco was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom