• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osorio

First away game for me yesterday, had an awesome time. Awesome comeback from the guys against a Scum team that played super physical. RFK feels like a stadium from the Soviet Union.

Was considering going to the RB2 game today but I'm knackered.

TWO NIL AND YOU FUCKED IT UP
Sounds like it was a fun time.

Did u and mully link up?

Didn't think we deserved anything but DC fucked it up at the end.

Mully

Did u and mully link up?

Fuck Judder you were there? Damn. My bad man.

I was rolling with Pinto and Gerald most of the day yesterday.

We really didn't deserve a point yesterday. We played like garbage. Our shape was fucked and a possession in the midfield did not resemble the play we have had in previous games.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

Did u and mully link up?

That's what I get for not checking this thread for a couple of days. Damn.

What bus did you take down, Mully?

EDIT:

Fuck Judder you were there? Damn. My bad man.

I was rolling with Pinto and Gerald most of the day yesterday.

We really didn't deserve a point yesterday. We played like garbage. Our shape was fucked and a possession in the midfield did not resemble the play we have had in previous games.

Oh no way, I was in the back of the ESC bus with Walter, Gerald, Pete and a couple of my friends from LI.

Mully

That's what I get for not checking this thread for a couple of days. Damn.

What bus did you take down, Mully?

EDIT:

Oh no way, I was in the back of the ESC bus with Walter, Gerald, Pete and a couple of my friends from LI.

No fucking way. I was in the back of the bus too. Fuck. You weren't with Tommy and Kate right? Also I'm from LI too.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
No fucking way. I was in the back of the bus too. Fuck. You weren't with Tommy right?

Yeah, Tom with the glasses and Romero was sitting by the window. I was sitting in the middle seat right in the middle of the aisle thinking the extra leg room would help, forgetting that the bathroom door (Which started smelling like death by the time we left RBA on our way back into the city) would just swing into me every time someone went in there. I'm trying to do process of elimination now, haha, were you sitting next to Jose?

Mully

Yeah, Tom with the glasses and Romero was sitting by the window. I was sitting in the middle seat right in the middle of the aisle thinking the extra leg room would help, forgetting that the bathroom door (Which started smelling like death by the time we left RBA on our way back into the city) would just swing into me every time someone went in there.

Lol. Were you the guy with the Febreeze?

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Lol. Were you the guy with the Febreeze?

Haha, nah that was Pete. He was sitting in the last pair of seats right in front of the bathroom.

Did anyone look at the graphics during the highlights segment on ESPN? Before they showed the logo for Red Bulls they had a little flair that said "Super Metro"

Pretty cool.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Yeah. I'm probably gonna do the bus from Legends rather than head to Boi Na Brasa for that.

I take the bus from Legends too. I haven't checked out Boi Na Brasa yet, either. I'm in uptown Manhattan, much easier for me to take the Subway -> Bus (with Beer!) than to take the Subway -> PATH/NJT (It's why I didn't hit up El Pastor that often either. Sucked to see that place torn down yesterday.)

I take it the MLS has historically bad refs? Only way to explain this ORLvPOR game.

Historically bad? Eh. But they are pretty awful.

Cystm

Roster for USA v Mexico:

GOALKEEPERS (X): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake), William Yarbrough (Club Leon)

DEFENDERS (X): Ventura Alvarado (Club America), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Greg Garza (Club Tijuana), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Brek Shea (Orlando City SC), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United FC), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution)

FORWARDS (5): Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution), Julian Green (Hamburg), Jordan Morris (Stanford University), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)

Esch

Banned
For those interested in the Mexico lineup. It's super #LigaMX

Goalkeepers
: Cirilo Saucedo (Club Tijuana), Jonathan Orozco (Monterrey)
Defenders: Francisco Rodriguez (Cruz Azul), Gerardo Flores (Cruz Azul), Julio Dominguez (Cruz Azul), Carlos Salcedo (Chivas), Oswaldo Alanis (Santos Laguna), George Corral (Queretaro), Hiram Mier (Monterrey), Efrain Velarde (Monterrey), Luis Rodríguez (Chiapas)
Midfielders: Luis Montes (Leon), Antonio Rios (Toluca), Adrian Aldrete (Santos Laguna) Jurgen Damm (Pachuca), Mario Osuna (Queretaro)
Forwards: Erick Torres (Chivas), Oribe Peralta (Club America), Eduardo Herrera (Pumas),

They have Cubo in there!lol

For those interested in the Mexico lineup. It's super #LigaMX

They have Cubo in there!lol

Mexico has to prepare two teams for this summer, for the Gold Cup and the Copa America.

As far as I know, theyre the only team in the world which regualrly competes in two confederations.

xbhaskarx

Petke joins ONE World Sports as on-air analyst

Former New York Red Bulls head coach Mike Petke is taking his talents to the broadcast booth, as he will join ONE World Sports as an on-air analyst and network contributor for New York Cosmos matches.

Petke will make his on-air debut with JP Dellacamera and Shep Messing on April 18 when the Cosmos host the Tampa Bay Rowdies in their first home match of 2015 at James M. Shuart Stadium.

“We are thrilled to have Mike join our growing team of on-air analysts and contributors to the network,” Joel Feld, ONE World Sports executive vice president, programming and production told PRWeb. “Mike’s two years as a head coach in MLS make him the ideal choice to add to our team. He has a unique, first person perspective that will be a benefit to fans watching the telecast.”

xbhaskarx

Team of the Week for week 6...

TEAMoftheWEEK-2015-6.jpg

Sam McDowell ‏@SamMcDowell11 3m3 minutes ago
Ike Opara suffered an Achilles tendon rupture. No timetable for his return, but that injury usually requires 4-6 month recovery. #SportingKC

probably want to remove him from your fantasy teams.

Esch

Banned
shame. Thought he was playing better than Besler. Ideally EPB would get more time but I am guessing Vermes is going to stick with Ellis as his first choice.

Yeah, Besler hasn't looked hot at all in the last couple months, Zusi too. Ever since the world cup really it's been spotty. Ike's been on fire recently.

I imagine it'll be Ellis, then EPB, then maybe Anibaba all rotating.

It's a bummer to hear about Opara. He had a ton of problems when he was at SJ, and it's too bad that his career has been derailed with consistent injuries.

xbhaskarx

USWNT World Cup roster:

CClhWsAUwAE-MO2.jpg:large

USWNT roster for 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Ashlyn Harris (Washington Spirit), Alyssa Naeher (Boston Breakers), Hope Solo (Seattle Reign FC)

DEFENDERS (8): Lori Chalupny (Chicago Red Stars), Whitney Engen (Western NY Flash), Julie Johnston (Chicago Red Stars), Meghan Klingenberg (Houston Dash), Ali Krieger (Washington Spirit), Kelley O’Hara (Sky Blue FC), Christie Rampone (Sky Blue FC), Becky Sauerbrunn (FC Kansas City)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Shannon Boxx (Chicago Red Stars), Morgan Brian (Houston Dash), Tobin Heath (Portland Thorns FC), Lauren Holiday (FC Kansas City), Carli Lloyd (Houston Dash), Heather O’Reilly (FC Kansas City), Megan Rapinoe (Seattle Reign FC)

FORWARDS (5): Sydney Leroux (Western NY Flash), Alex Morgan (Portland Thorns FC), Christen Press (Chicago Red Stars), Amy Rodriguez (FC Kansas City), Abby Wambach (unattached)

Preview of tonight's US-Mex match:
For just the second time in 2015, the U.S. MNT is back on U.S. soil, where it has gone unbeaten in its last 20 matches. Now the team is set for 64th edition of the USA-Mexico rivalry, presented by AT&T, on Wednesday, April 15 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. CT and the game will be broadcast live on FOX Sports 1, UniMás and Univision Deportes Network. Fans can also follow along on Twitter via @ussoccer and @usssoccer_esp. The match, which occurs outside of the official FIFA international fixture window, will feature U.S. and Mexican rosters mostly comprised of players from the MLS and Liga MX.

Klinsmann has 22 players in San Antonio, including Michael Bradley, who has scored four career goals against Mexico, as well as eight other players from the 2014 FIFA World Cup Roster. The U.S. will be without the services of team captain Clint Dempsey, who is sidelined with a hamstring strain, and forward Jozy Altidore who is required to serve a one-match suspension following a red card he received in the USA’s last friendly, a 1-1 draw against Switzerland on March 31 in Zurich. The U.S. is riding a five-game unbeaten streak against Mexico (2-0-3) including, the USA’s first victory against Mexico at Estadio Azteca, and the 0-0 draw away in qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The U.S. has not lost to Mexico (2-0-3) since Jurgen Klinsmann took over the helm as head coach in the summer of 2011.

The teams last played just over a year ago on April 2, 2014 in a World Cup tune-up that ended in a 2-2 draw. In that game, Michael Bradley scored the game’s first goal and assisted on Chris Wondolowski’s strike. Rafael Marquez and Alan Pulido scored in the second half to rescue a draw for Mexico. Overall, the U.S. is 17-32-14 all-time against Mexico, and is 12-5-5 since 2000.
U.S. Men’s National Team by Position

GOALKEEPERS (3): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake), William Yarbrough (Club Leon)

DEFENDERS (7): Ventura Alvarado (Club America), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Greg Garza (Club Tijuana), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Brek Shea (Orlando City SC), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United FC), Perry Kitchen (D.C. United) Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution)

FORWARDS (5): Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution), Julian Green (Hamburg), Jordan Morris (Stanford University), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom