• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I missed Montreal shitting the bed and still pulling through. Looks like fans were having a heart attack.

Congrats Montreal, leader of MLS

I mean really guys, its amazing.

Montreal followed the MLS playbook:

Score first: Check
Bunker down: Check
Get scored on 4 times in 2nd half: Check

AND STILL WON

Cystm

Philadelphia Union Will Bench Goalkeeper Rais Mbolhi
ibs9B9hvsUjX2x.png

Askani

This just showed up in my twitter feed:

Dave Zeitlin ‏@DaveZeitlin 17m
Union practicing in the stadium today. Blake's in one net and McCarthy the other in a full-field scrimmage. No sign of Mbolhi at the moment.

Dave Zeitlin ‏@DaveZeitlin 4m
Curtin is planning to address the situation in today's presser but it seems doubtful Mbolhi will be back here ever again.​

I forgot the Sporting game over the weekend so I didn't get to see him in action for a full game. Was surprised how bad he looked in highlights. I expected him to come in and be at worst a competent to decent keeper but that's clearly not the case.

Dave Zeitlin ‏@DaveZeitlin 38m
Curtin told me after the press conference that Mbolhi is not in the country right now. He's back in Europe with his daughter.

well something is/was up unless he's really really upset about being benched. His journeyman status seems to be due to some attitude problems.

Wasting a DP slot on a goalkeeper is pretty dumb in my opinion. There are already so many good goalkeepers that take up much less money in this league.

M'Bolhi wasn't a dp, just really expensive. The Union actually have 1 DP spot open right now.

Osorio

What the heck happened? Did the ref send someone off in the first minute?

No, but someone from Herediano got sent off in the 27th.

America just flexing their financial muscle I guess? They're the richest team in CONCACAF going against a team whose stadium seats less than 9,000.

ZZMitch

Damn lol I totally forgot about Columbus vs Vancouver last night! Looked like a good game. I also have Kamara and Rivero on my fantasy team heh

edit: Yeah I already have 48 points this round. Sweeeet

Cystm

Askani

NWSLsoccer.com said:
NWSL TO LIVE STREAM 2015 SEASON VIA YOUTUBE

(Apr. 9, 2015) – The National Women’s Soccer League announced today the league will stream the 2015 NWSL regular season via YouTube. As the largest global video sharing site, YouTube will allow fans nationally and internationally to follow every moment of action during the 2015 NWSL season.

YouTube Live will once again provide to fans live in-game features including DVR, chat, full HD, and social media interactivity. Fans are encouraged to subscribe for free to the league and team-specific YouTube channels. Please visit http://www.NWSLsoccer.com/home/about/800237.html for links to each club account.

Live games will once again be available for free via the NWSL’s YouTube channel with archived games available shortly after each game’s completion. In addition, the League will once again provide a highlights package of each game this season on the league’s YouTube channel.

Week 1:

Friday, April 10
Houston Dash vs. Washington Spirit - 8:30 PM ET

Saturday, April 11
Portland Thorns FC vs. Boston Breakers - 10:00 PM ET

Sunday, April 12
FC Kansas City vs. Sky Blue FC - 4:00 PM ET
Seattle Reign FC vs. Western New York Flash - 7:00 PM ET

National broadcast television information for the 2015 season will be announced by the League in the near future.

The National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) is a nine-team Division-I women’s professional soccer league featuring national team players from Canada, Mexico and the U.S. The nine clubs are the Boston Breakers, Chicago Red Stars, Houston Dash, FC Kansas City, Portland Thorns FC, Seattle Reign FC, Sky Blue FC, Washington Spirit and Western New York Flash.

Based in Chicago, the NWSL is supported by the Canadian Soccer Association, Federation of Mexican Football and the United States Soccer Federation. For more information about the NWSL, log on to the league’s official website at www.NWSLsoccer.com.

Link: http://www.nwslsoccer.com/home/870990.html

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 4m4 minutes ago
D.C. United anticipating salary cap relief this year bec of Eddie Johnson health issues. Career likely over. Lawyers & union involved

This isn't the way I wanted to see him leave the team.

Askani

Sam McDowell ‏@SamMcDowell11 2 hours ago
U.S. soccer national training center just received final gov't approval for construction in KC, Kan. More later at http://kansascity.com .

Sam McDowell ‏@SamMcDowell11 1 hour ago
Sporting Club CEO Robb Heineman said U.S. Soccer has agreed to a 20-yr lease to be primary tenant in the facility (slated for '17 opening).​

Esch

Banned
Got a pretty nice weekend coming up, brehs. Predictions?

Sporting KC vs. Salt Lake (2-1)

DCU vs. NYRB (3-1)

Portland vs. OCSC (2-1 , could also see draw)

Galaxy vs. Sounders (3-2)

Cystm

Sporting KC vs. Salt Lake (2-1) I don't even know with this one. SKC wins in the last 5 seconds of a 5 minute ET.

DCU vs. NYRB (2-1) DC has not been in good form the past few weeks, a home game should help turn that around, but I think the Beverages have been playing solid football and have good momentum going into RFK.

Portland vs. OCSC (3-1) Portland is in great form without even having key players from last season fit. They are at home. Kaka is almost a lone soldier with little support, maybe the forwards will finally start to play, but I think Portland has this one all the way.

Galaxy vs. Sounders (2 - 1) Maybe Seattle will surprise me, but their back line with Evans has been a disaster. I can see Dempsey hooking up with Oba on a goal, but I think LA can get two and hold them off.

ZZMitch

Lol MLS is insane. The worst team in the league coming into this game is up 3-0 over one of the best teams on the road.

... Make that 4-0 wut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom