• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
- LA Galaxy, New York Red Bulls, San Jose Earthquakes to play in International Champions Cup
A total of 10 clubs will play in the North American edition of this summer’s competition, which will run from July 11-Aug. 5. Highlighted by defending ICC champions Manchester United and by Barcelona, the participating teams hail from England, France, Italy, Mexico, Portugal, Spain and the US.

The full list of tournament clubs is below:

LA Galaxy
New York Red Bulls
San Jose Earthquakes
Barcelona
Chelsea
Club América
Fiorentina
Manchester United
Paris Saint-Germain
Porto
Each participating MLS club will host at least one ICC matchup. Additional information on matchups, venues and dates will be announced on April 28.

The tournament will be seen in over 160 countries across the world, with every match broadcast live on FOX, FOX Sports 1 or FOX Sorts 2.

In addition to the North American leg of the tournament, the 2015 International Champions Cup will also include separate events in Australia and China. Clubs participating in Australia include Real Madrid, Manchester City and Roma.

During the gold cup, really?
I'd rather they do this than play MLS matches during the Gold Cup, but I guess they're going to play both(?)

San Jose? The beverages makes sense in a awareness sort of way, but San Jose over the other MLS teams? Why not The Sounders or Timbers? Even DC United would have been a better choice.
New stadium. I have no idea who The Sounders and Timbers have lined up for Summer friendlies in any case. Perhaps they have bigger fish to fry.

I'd rather they do this than play MLS matches during the Gold Cup, but I guess they're going to play both(?)

New stadium. I have no idea who The Sounders and Timbers have lined up for Summer friendlies in any case. Perhaps they have bigger fish to fry.

Wouldnt they play at Stanford rather than their little box?

Mully

And here I thought the MLS was going to be smart about the Gold Cup break. Hopefully the 2nd Team Energy Sodas win a game against a European 3rd team.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And here I thought the MLS was going to be smart about the Gold Cup break. Hopefully the 2nd Team Energy Sodas win a game against a European 3rd team.

I don't think we'll be losing many players to the Gold Cup. I imagine we'll have trouble at Left Back, but other than that we should be solid or am I forgetting some other internationals?

Mully

Predictions for tonight's game?

I'm thinking a 1-1 draw. Midfield plays much better, but our attacks are weak. Back line will be disorganized, but continues to improve. We get our only goal off a set play in the first half. Mexico will be unlucky with their chances throughout the game, but they'll finally put one in around the middle of the second half; I'm thinking off a free quick finish.

xbhaskarx

Klinsmann pleased with progress in recent months

On paper, the months following the World Cup have been quite difficult for the U.S. Men’s National Team. Struggling for results and highlighted by a series of late-game collapses, the USMNT has seen it’s share of difficulties, but head coach Jurgen Klinsmann says all the difficulties come in the name of progress.

Klinsmann says that the recent months are all a part of an overarching process, one that is reliant on not being complacent with past successes. With the World Cup in the rearview mirror, Klinsmann took the chance to experiment at the cost of results, a decision he believes is all-important in pushing his side to the next level of the global game.

“I am satisfied with our progress,” Klinsmann said in a press conference on Tuesday. “It’s difficult to measure that right now in the past eight or nine months since the World Cup with results because we said we’re going to try things out, we’re going to bring new players in to teach them, as quickly as possible, the style that we want to play. We still have big steps to make. There’s no doubt about it. We still have a big learning curve in front of us in every area. That’s part of that process.

“If we wouldn’t have done that in the last nine months, we would have made a mistake. We would have just stayed where they are. We could have just said that we had a nice World Cup and that it would be nice to contend, but that’s wrong. You have to say ‘What makes us so good that we can get into the quarter and semifinal?’ Let’s kind of set the bar a bit higher, but let’s also start the process as early as possible.”

5754965.jpg

It's good to see promising prospects like Wondo and Brad Evens finally getting a shot, though...

Mexico's starters tonight c/o @miseleccionmx: Saucedo, Flores, Mier, Rodríguez, Salcedo, Velarde, Osuna, Esquivel, Montes, Torres y Herrera

daoster

It should be on both the Fox and Univision apps so maybe try the other one if you don't mind Spanish commentary?

You happen to know which one? Downloaded both Univision and uvideos, but none of them seem to have live streams.

I was watching the champions league on fsgo earlier too, why can't I watch the USA game? Wtf fox!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom