• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Man. Dillon Serna finally plays again and scores immediately!

I'm scared to look at what Seitz scored in goal for my fantasy team.

Dartastic

And here I thought I felt good about the win last week... I can only imagine how great it feels to be a Rapids fan after that win. FOUR GOALS AND A SHUTOUT. WAT.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure Akendele was my captain this week. :(
I hope this isn't the week the Rapids decide to score a goal
Lol

Cystm

iY6U3e4Oj7Qzv.png

Nice assist for Johannsson today: vine

US roster should be up tomorrow. US-Mexico is on Wednesday. Jozy is suspended for his double-yellow. Not sure who's going to start up top.

Wooo a win! Also hope Le Toux is ok. That didn't look pretty. John McCarthy had a good game. Wanna see more possession but not much more to complain about. Lack of Fernando didn't hurt us either which was nice.

McCarthy is a good kid. Sky's the limit dude.

Wooo a win! Also hope Le Toux is ok. That didn't look pretty. John McCarthy had a good game. Wanna see more possession but not much more to complain about. Lack of Fernando didn't hurt us either which was nice.

McCarthy is a good kid. Sky's the limit dude.

I thought McCarthy was pretty shaky tbh, but still an upgrade over Rais. The communication and body language was much improved with that miserable fuck out if the lineup. Blake will prob be ready soon enough and I cant wait to see his world class athleticism on display.

I really like this Ayuk kid, he's been dangerous and willing to dribble at and past defenders which no one else on the club does frequently enough. On the flip side Wenger is completely out of form and killed too many attacks today and all year with poor touch and decisions. I guess him and McInerney are gonna alternate being good for only a year at a time and awful the next year so that neither Union nor Impact win that trade.

I thought McCarthy was pretty shaky tbh, but still an upgrade over Rais. The communication and body language was much improved with that miserable fuck out if the lineup. Blake will prob be ready soon enough and I cant wait to see his world class athleticism on display.

I really like this Ayuk kid, he's been dangerous and willing to dribble at and past defenders which no one else on the club does frequently enough. On the flip side Wenger is completely out of form and killed too many attacks today and all year with poor touch and decisions. I guess him and McInerney are gonna alternate being good for only a year at a time and awful the next year so that neither Union nor Impact win that trade.

I expected McCarthy to do worse than he did today to be honest. Made a couple mistakes but otherwise looked somewhat solid. I saw Blake during the Crystal Palace friendly so im exited to see him in action again. He might be the future of the team, I don't see Blake here long term but McCarthy could be one of those guys. The FO certainly loves the hometown kid angle.

Completely agree about Ayuk. He seems completely fearless and the backflips were great. I initially thought he should spend some time in Harrisburg but at this point fuck it let him start every game he seems more than willing and more than ready to even if he's still a little raw. Where and how the hell did we find him in whichever southeast asian league?

edit apparently (according to Curtin) they had to turn down a Cameroonian u-23 call up for Ayuk.

Askani

Well that was quite the lame show. Bunker is too strong a word but RSL had nothing going forward really and didn't look to push the game. SKC with WAY too many chances and control to not come away with more chances on target at least. A sad outing.

And Dom Dwyer needs to keep his feet. He's going down too easy for calls he's not getting. Stand up and keep working.

ZZMitch

Wow guys my fantasy team destroyed this week, 87 points at the moment. Ranked 65th in the world for this round heh.

I was in the top 25 before the SJ goal :p

Judderman

drawer by drawer
First away game for me yesterday, had an awesome time. Awesome comeback from the guys against a Scum team that played super physical. RFK feels like a stadium from the Soviet Union.

Was considering going to the RB2 game today but I'm knackered.

TWO NIL AND YOU FUCKED IT UP

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Portland wears red as an alternate? So are their colors a straight up Christmas tree?

Rose City reference I assume.

Montreal acquires Kenny Cooper.

MONTREAL – The Montreal Impact announced on Sunday that the club has acquired American striker Kenny Cooper via MLS waivers. As per league policy, details of the agreement were not disclosed.

Cooper, a veteran of eight seasons in MLS, is ranked 18th all-time with 75 career regular season goals. He has also registered 15 assists, playing in 210 games, including 172 starts, for 15,271 minutes. He also took part in seven MLS playoff matches.

“I'm very excited to have the opportunity to join the Montreal Impact,” said Kenny Cooper. “With the recent achievement of reaching the Champions League final, it's obviously a great time for the club. I am eager and determined to contribute to more success this year. It will be a privilege to represent a club, so rich in history and fan support.”

Good acquisition for Montreal, especially with the CCL final looming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom