• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Lou

There's virtually no CONCACAF congress coverage which is a shame.

Most of the focus has been on a previously suspended Dominican (Republic) FA President who compared Sepp Blatter to Jesus, Winston Churchill and Nelson Mandela. The FA of Turks and Caicos Islands (7 international games in 7 years) were trying to convince all 41 members of CONCACAF to vote for Blatter as a block.

Blatter has said he'd like to see CONCACAF receive an additional slot for the World Cup.

Jeffrey Webb reiterated his desire to see a CONCACAF nation host it in 2026.

Election results:

Jeffrey Webb (President) - Unopposed
Horace Burrell (VP - Caribbean) - Unopposed
Justin Compeon (VP - North America) - Unopposed
Pedro Chaluja (VP - Central America - Opposed?
Sonic Bien-Aime (Female member)- Unopposed

FIFA Executive committee:
Eduardo Li - won after the resignation of Rafael Salguero.

Luis Figo, one of the candidates for the FIFA presidential election has had a moan about not being allowed to address those in attendance at the congress (the voters in particular).

not a terrible way to get a point on the road but there are still mucho glaring issues for the union. Wenger needs to sit a game or two. He's better than this. He just doesn't look confident.

Fernando keeps getting fouled constantly and nothing is ever called, it's gotta be frustrating for him.

CJ Sapong with a great finish. Dude needs to start.

McCarthy came up big at the end but some silly movement coming off his line and completely out of the box entirely twice which I don't really want to see (although he might've had to on one of those due to the backline collapsing).

Also that field seems to be wayy too small. Something's gotta give.

Edit: Edu is so much better as a cb for us. like night and day better.

Cystm

Im sad Villa was subed at half

I over estimated the double game week for NYCFC it would seem. If they are tying the Union at home, Portland should be even more likely result the same or potentially a loss.

I missed the game. Really disappointing to see Villa was subbed at the half.

This weekend:

HMJShmL.jpg

Quakes will have a tough time on the road tonight, but if the defense plays well perhaps they can gut out a draw.

There's virtually no CONCACAF congress coverage which is a shame.

Most of the focus has been on a previously suspended Dominican (Republic) FA President who compared Sepp Blatter to Jesus, Winston Churchill and Nelson Mandela.

I apologize on behalf of my idiotic and corrupt FA President.

Dartastic

I over estimated the double game week for NYCFC it would seem. If they are tying the Union at home, Portland should be even more likely result the same or potentially a loss.

I missed the game. Really disappointing to see Villa was subbed at the half.
Really hoping that we can pull out a win on this one. We really need the points, especially from Eastern conference teams. Also, I hope Villa is out for the game on Sunday. It seems like he's really all NYCFC have going right now, besides Mix. The only game of the year that we legitimately looked bad was Orlando, and even then we rebounded a bit in the 2nd half. We also tend to rebound well after losses, so we'll see how that goes.

not a terrible way to get a point on the road but there are still mucho glaring issues for the union. Wenger needs to sit a game or two. He's better than this. He just doesn't look confident.

Fernando keeps getting fouled constantly and nothing is ever called, it's gotta be frustrating for him.

CJ Sapong with a great finish. Dude needs to start.

McCarthy came up big at the end but some silly movement coming off his line and completely out of the box entirely twice which I don't really want to see (although he might've had to on one of those due to the backline collapsing).

Also that field seems to be wayy too small. Something's gotta give.

Edit: Edu is so much better as a cb for us. like night and day better.

Baby steps for the Union I guess, if the game was played on a field bigger than the size of a tennis court they would have been mauled as NYCFCs passing and movement was so much better than the U.

Maidana needs to get healthy if they are going to have any chance at winning consistently. Id rather him be shutdown to recover instead of these 20-30 relief appearances.

Agree with Wenger, if Rais had to be sat/exiled than Wenger is due for a benching as well to ensure everyone is held accountable. Ive been pleasantly surprised by Lahoud recently, good thing he is playing well as Nogueira has been pretty sketchy in the CM role other than his clutch GWG last week.

Hopefully its at least entertaining against NE on Sunday...

Mully

Metro GAF, roll call?

I'll be there tonight. I'm thinking about taking the bus from Legends, but $45 seems pretty steep.

Osorio

For tomorrow?

I might go to the galaxy game. Is the best strategy to buy now or last minute?

For Galaxy I'd say buy now. One of the few games that has a legitimate chance of selling out is a game against LA.

And yeah I'll be there but I'll be getting there around kick-off

For Galaxy I'd say buy now. One of the few games that has a legitimate chance of selling out is a game against LA.

And yeah I'll be there but I'll be getting there around kick-off

I admire your sense of optimism

I hope they hurry up and bring back the Groupon offers. I need another free tshirt and some free concessions

GRW810

One of the most assured performances I've ever seen from a Red Bulls team. I just wish we'd grabbed three or four so the scoreline truly reflected how dominant we were.

Dartastic

Bought my ticket to go to Seattle away today. It took a while for them to go on sale... Apparently the TA had a hard time getting their full allotment due to the Sounders front office being difficult. Ugh. Anyway, excited to go cheer my beloved Timbers next week up in Seattle. Gut the fish.

Also, we're winning this game this weekend. Guaranteed. The only difficulty will be watching it with those shitty camera angles that they have at Yankee stadium.

Mully

The midfield and back four looked good tonight. We need to be more alert about outside runs on both sides of the ball, but we played great tonight. Marking on set plays needs to improve as well.

Danny Williams is playing pretty well against Arsenal in the FA Cup today. I wonder what Klinsmann's thinking is with respect to the d-mid depth chart at the moment. Beckerman has been very good recently, but he's getting old.
Thank god we had Bingham in goal, losing by 6 would have been rather embarrassing.
Poor game yesterday. Kinnear needs to figure out what he wants to do with the midfield and up top. Backline didn't cover themselves in glory, either. This is going to be a long road trip with games at RSL, HOU, and COL coming up before they come back to San Jose.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I'm hoping it holds up and there's no mid-season troubles. I'm just worried because the Mets are doing well too and there's only so much good luck in this town to go around.

I'm trying to remain calm and level headed about the team right now, but damn this start feels good.

Meier

All these late ass games is frustrating. They need one at 12-1, one at 3-4, etc. Make it an all day thing. Temperature is perfect for it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom