• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
i5GHX3Y37cMmz.gif

Our corner kick strategy is Gonzalez and Wondo in there like this on their keeper:

1HyaG2h.gif

xbhaskarx

It'd be really nice if Jermaine Jones would stick to d-mid and let Bradley cut loose like this.

It has been evident since late 2011 that Jones should be the 6 and Bradley the 8, so the question is does Klinsmann not realize that, or if he does, is he unable to control Jones or does he not even try to?

That's the type of question that would be asked if we had a serious soccer media in this country...

It has been evident since late 2011 that Jones should be the 6 and Bradley the 8, so the question is does Klinsmann not realize that, or if he does, is he unable to control Jones or does he not even try to?
I don't know. It's very strange that everyone understands this except apparently Jones and Klinsmann. Against the competition in the WC they'll both have to play a lot of defense, but there are also times when Bradley will need to go forward and Jones should stay back and protect.

xbhaskarx

I thinks that's what it'll end up being.
Klinsmann has given no indication that Jones would ever not play if available, he's listed him as part of the core of the team.

And frankly I'd prefer Jones to Beckerman (too slow against that level competition and doesn't cover enough ground) if he was actually disciplined...

NoRéN

Klinnsmann just doesn't want to accept that he made a mistake in Jones.

Sure, jones is talented, Bradley is obviously talented. But that doesn't mean they will partner up well. Reminds me of Lampard and Gerrard for England.

gutshot

Just catching up with the game. Bradley should be our captain. Most consistent and talented US player (by a large margin) right now.

xbhaskarx

The question is if we take both Cameron and Parkhurst (likely at this point), can we leave off a defender and take a more luxury guy like Shea or Green...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom