• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Grant Wahl notes:

Donovan not starting is a head scratcher since he, Dempsey, and Bradley haven't played together a lot recently.

I can only assume Donovan isn't starting because this is Wondo and Davis's last chance to shine. I can't imagine that it's anything else. He'll probably be coming on after the half, no way does Klinsmann have him as a sub in the World Cup. He's one of our most consistent players.

Replace Wondo and Davis with Altidore and Donovan and this is probably what the midfield and forwards will look like for the WC.

10176034_10102168603218570_1583290477_n.jpg

NoRéN

I can only assume Donovan isn't starting because this is Wondo and Davis's last chance to shine. I can't imagine that it's anything else. He'll probably be coming on after the half, no way does Klinsmann have him as a sub in the World Cup. He's one of our most consistent players.

Replace Wondo and Davis with Altidore and Donovan and this is probably what the midfield and forwards will look like for the WC.

I don't know why he would get Wondolowski's hopes up like that. That lineup, midfiled forward, is set whether klinnsmann wants to admit it or not.

A few thoughts from the press:
Sciaretta said:
The lack of foot speed with this #usmnt lineup strikes me as being a major concern tonight against Mexico
ShinGuardian said:
Confused by Beltran. If he was #3 on depth chart, he should've been in camp from beginning.
Jeff Carlisle said:
US lining up in 4-4-2, but it's effectiveness depends on Dempsey. If he drops deep, Wondo will be stranded, like Jozy in the past. #usmnt
Straus said:
IN this year: Brooks, Corona, Holden, Kljestan, Onyewu, Torres. OUT: Agudelo, Chandler, Edu, Feilhaber, Gomez, Parkhurst, Shea.

xbhaskarx

A few thoughts from the press:

Originally Posted by Sciaretta
The lack of foot speed with this #usmnt lineup strikes me as being a major concern tonight against Mexico

Which once again shows the Klinsmann staff's lack of tactical understanding given that Mexico's biggest defensive weakness is speed, and yet LD, Yedlin, Green, Edu, and EJ are all on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom