• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is if we take both Cameron and Parkhurst (likely at this point), can we leave off a defender and take a more luxury guy like Shea or Green...
That's being pushed by a few people these days based on the fact that you're more likely to use an offensive sub from deep on the bench than a defensive one at the World Cup. There's usually a defender that goes and doesn't play.

Askani

The question is if we take both Cameron and Parkhurst (likely at this point), can we leave off a defender and take a more luxury guy like Shea or Green...

Do people still want Shea? He's not getting any minutes and he's got a bad attitude it seems. I'd like to keep him as far away as possible.

xbhaskarx

That's being pushed by a few people these days based on the fact that you're more likely to use an offensive sub from deep on the bench than a defensive one at the World Cup. There's usually a defender that goes and doesn't play.

Exactly my point, in the group of death we need to have subs who can be dynamic offensive sparks, run at defenders, provide a change of pace, etc.

Do people still want Shea? He's not getting any minutes and he's got a bad attitude it seems. I'd like to keep him as far away as possible.
He's left footed and can cause problems going forward. His club form isn't great, but he's done some damage just about every time he's come on as a sub for the US. His starts haven't been that good, though.

NoRéN

Same. Dempsey provides enough of a bad attitude for the team.

I would rather Torres get an opportunity before brazil.

CobbFC09

Adu just wasn't good enough. Green will keep developing over there in relative obscurity. With Adu, it didn't help that he was supposed to be the big new hope for MLS.
While that is true, it didn't help that the media turned him into the face of U.S. Soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom