• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cystm

Valeri is back!

i8yy7mzKjoopH.png

Dartastic

The story of the night is Nagbe. And that makes me so sad, because he has been the story for a while. Goddamnit Banner. Let yourself become the Hulk.

Mully

I get the lineup decision, but WHAT THE FUCK?

Sorry Yee, got there late, and decided to stick around home base. Sorry brotha.

Osorio

I get the lineup decision, but WHAT THE FUCK?

Sorry Yee, got there late, and decided to stick around home base. Sorry brotha.

Well, just in case we lose next week NYCFC can't claim to ruin our undefeated streak.

Marsch is thinking ahead of time.

Osorio

Wonder how many NYC fans gonna be at RBA next Sunday.

After all, getting to Jersey is an impossible feat.

I hope they bask in our energy drink beautiful stadium regular width grass glory.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wonder how many NYC fans gonna be at RBA next Sunday.

After all, getting to Jersey is an impossible feat.

I hope they bask in our energy drink beautiful stadium regular width grass glory.

They'll be driven to tears and not just because of the beautiful stadium, but salty tears of defeat.

Lenz44

Banned
I think that David Villa sub lit a fire under Dempsey's ass in that game. He really stepped it up once he came on. Also what I learned today: the pitch for NYCFC is hot garbage, which seems to fit the fans there. I thought I heard Alexi Lalas say that some fans were throwing bottles during one of the corners.

FuturusX

I think that David Villa sub lit a fire under Dempsey's ass in that game. He really stepped it up once he came on. Also what I learned today: the pitch for NYCFC is hot garbage, which seems to fit the fans there. I thought I heard Alexi Lalas say that some fans were throwing bottles during one of the corners.

To call the pitch a disgrace to football would be a compliment. MLS should never had allowed the franchise to enter league without the proper facilities.

Lenz44

Banned
To call the pitch a disgrace to football would be a compliment. MLS should never had allowed the franchise to enter league without the proper facilities.

When I started to watch the game I was thinking "The angle is all weird on this camera, the field looks really small." After about 2 minutes I realized that it wasn't some weird camera angle.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The fact NYCFC is utter shit this season is a fitting punishment for the league, an even more fitting punishment would be Red Bull completely decimating them in the next game.

Meier

NYC is an interesting team. They actually play very attractive football/soccer -- they pass the ball around quite well and are excellent at the edge of their final third but there's no end product most of the time.. they just kind of hit the ball around. Hopefully for their sake Villa being healthy again will change that.

Lampard making his diagonal runs into the box is going to be pretty key as well.

Cystm

That Oba/Dempsey connection is the best in MLS.

I mentioned already, but now my dude is really leaning into it:

Some of this weekends tifos:

Vancouver's away tifo:

Timber's response to Garber's "“our teams are not clubs, they’re local businesses.”"

Fuck Seaatle chant already? Stay classy NYC

They don't have songs so they have to chant something.

That is the best thing ever. I mean, they used light saber sounds for the force, but whatever. Sean needs to train with Timmy Howard and really learn the ways of the force.

Arials

NYC is an interesting team. They actually play very attractive football/soccer -- they pass the ball around quite well and are excellent at the edge of their final third but there's no end product most of the time.. they just kind of hit the ball around. Hopefully for their sake Villa being healthy again will change that.

Lampard making his diagonal runs into the box is going to be pretty key as well.

I wonder what the NYCFC stance is right now on taking one or two more loan signings from the mothership. Having someone like Jordy Hiwula (superior to their non Villa strikers) or George Evans (a creative midfielder) come in would have a positive impact for them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom