• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I wonder what the NYCFC stance is right now on taking one or two more loan signings from the mothership. Having someone like Jordy Hiwula (superior to their non Villa strikers) or George Evans (a creative midfielder) come in would have a positive impact for them right now.

I'm a Man City fan but from Orlando so I'm interested in NYC but not a supporter per se. I was definitely expecting more loanees when the roster was announced so only seeing Facey was kind of surprising. Unfortunate for him to have his first game back be up against Oba....

Jordy had two goals for Walsall the other day and has had a very nice loan with them so MLS may be a decent option. George Evans was phased out a bit for Scunthorpe which was surprising to me as he was playing quite often after his initial switch. I think they'd be smart to have Seko Fofana or someone like that over, but given that Kreis is barely playing Poku, I'm not sure a marauding CM is what he's looking for.

Iheanacho would be an absolute star in MLS but he's going to play in the U20 World Cup this summer which runs until mid/late June so he'd miss a few weeks of the season at a minimum after his switch. I think it'd be worth it, but they might be looking at having him play for the first team next season.. will be interesting to see.

Meier

So Kaka can't carry Orlando City it seems?

Kaka is still very silky but he doesn't have the pace at this point to do that. He can navigate tough areas but he's not going to blow by a guy -- he's usually playing on the edge of the box and looking to facilitate the attack.

The Molino injury might be a blessing in disguise because it should force Heath to play Rochez more with Rivas possibly taking up Molino's wing position. I question Heath's team selection on an almost weekly basis but he finally played Rochez in the friendly and he scored a real #9's goal with a strong header from a corner.

Cystm

*repeatedly bangs head against the desk*

ibs9B9hvsUjX2x.png

I'm so sorry

ibiktBmSWIOPG4.png

Someone needs to change that Reyn time pic to Rais time.

poor Union fans

ibs9B9hvsUjX2x.png

I'm so sorry

I just can't help but laugh at this. this is just hilarious.

I feel really bad for Andre Blake. He apparently got his Gold Cup/Copa America squad call up today and injures his other knee and is out 4-6 weeks again after having just finished an injury stint for a knee injury!

Somewhere in Colorado Zac MacMath is laughing to himself.

Mully

I know it was just three weeks, but I'm missing the 1PM middle of the week USNT games. Now I just read and do the dishes.

I might be going to visit my family back home in August, which means I won't be able to make a few RBNY games that month. If that happens, I'm letting Metro-GAF get first dibs.

Mimosa97

Omg ... That's the most obnoxious chant I've ever heard. It's even worse than " USA! USA! USA ! " and I really thought you couldn't do worse than that :D

But still I'm glad that more and more people in 'murica are embracing the beautiful game. I was rooting for you so hard during the last World Cup. You fought hard and lost with honor :)

Could you tell me why you're not playing in the next Copa America ? Such a shame :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Omg ... That's the most obnoxious chant I've ever heard. It's even worse than " USA! USA! USA ! " and I really thought you couldn't do worse than that :D

But still I'm glad that more and more people in 'murica are embracing the beautiful game. I was rooting for you so bad during the last World Cup lol

Could you tell me why you're not playing in La Copa America ? Such a shame :(

It's a South American tournament, we weren't invited to this one. The US will be hosting and competing in the centennial next year though.

Yes, because Jamaica is so much better than we are.

Nope. Jamaica was third choice actually, after Costa Rica and Japan.

US was invited for like ten tournaments in a row and said no.

And when they accepted, they thanked the hosts by sending the junior c team.

So comembol rather the US fuck off after displaying that attitude.

Cystm

No, that's the factual reason behind the U.S. not being invited to 2011 and 2015. They stated as much.

Centennial is a pure money grab, and money > pride, always

That is not something that is at all exclusive to the US, though.

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/copa-america-centenario-could-be-a-game-changer.

The truth is that both CONCACAF and CONMEBOL have something to gain. The Copa America is a prestigious tournament but it has at times been a flawed tournament. Guest teams are always needed and the quality of the tournament usually depends on the quality of the hosts. In 1999, Uruguay sent a youth team to the tournament, diluting the quality of play. The 2001 tournament in Colombia was a disaster as Argentina withdrew because of death threats and many teams did not send their best players.

In 2007, the United States was invited to the Copa America but could not send its best team because clubs are not obligated to release players for national teams participating as in the tournament as guests. For similar reasons, Mexico recently sent a U-22 team to the tournament.

Mexico was required by the fucktards in UEFA to send the junior team in 2011, USA did it by choice.

And again, the reason the US has since not been invited was explicitly stated due to them blowing off the tournament in 2007.

Maybe by 2019 that will be forgotten

Dartastic

Of course Rimando saves that PK to deny my fantasy team points. Ha. Although, in the grand scheme of things I would rather have a tie.

US U-20 WC Roster:

U.S. Soccer YNT @ussoccer_ynt · 11m 11 minutes ago
2015 FIFA U-20 #USMNT World Cup Roster: GK-Caldwell, Horvath, Steffen; D-Carter-Vickers, Miazga, Moore, Palmer-Brown, Payne, Requejo

U.S. Soccer YNT @ussoccer_ynt · 10m 10 minutes ago
U-20 #USMNT WC Roster Continued: MF-Acosta, Arriola, Canouse, Delgado, Hyndman, Soñora; F-Allen, Jamieson IV, Rubin, Tall, Thompson.

No Zelalem, but I think they left a spot open.

One more week until they have to finalize.

e:
Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves 25s25 seconds ago
I'm hearing Zach Pfeffer will fill the final U-20 World Cup roster spot if Gedion Zelalem isn't cleared by FIFA. Flores & Gall out for now.

Askani

Of course Rimando saves that PK to deny my fantasy team points. Ha. Although, in the grand scheme of things I would rather have a tie.

I love how on the highlight you can see the "GOAL" graphic and the score change for a second. Like they've never heard of Rimando and a Junhino PK is automatic.

Although it's not as bad as when they blow the confetti cannons at Sporting Park on disallowed goals. That stuff is cringeworthy. I'm kind of over the confetti anyway, or at least in the amounts of it they use.

Dartastic

Doh, forgot to even make any changes.. early game this week. :

I love how on the highlight you can see the "GOAL" graphic and the score change for a second. Like they've never heard of Rimando and a Junhino PK is automatic.

Although it's not as bad as when they blow the confetti cannons at Sporting Park on disallowed goals. That stuff is cringeworthy. I'm kind of over the confetti anyway, or at least in the amounts of it they use.
I loved that highlight also. Super funny. Not funny is how my team is at -2 points for the week. We Timbers fans just can't win against Rimando, even if we aren't playing him. :/

Dartastic

Innocent is out for 4-6 months. Big loss for San Jose. Sad too, he looked really good from the minutes I saw him play. He single handedly decimated Seattle.

Marc Narducci @sjnard · 5m 5 minutes ago
#MLS DOOP
Rais Mbolhi is not with the Union in Vancouver. Brian Sylvestre is on short term loan and will start in goal tomorrow.

Marc Narducci @sjnard · 3m 3 minutes ago
#MLS #DOOP
Union's backup keeper tomorrow is expected to be Trey Mitchell

It's not Rais time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom