• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Over/Under that they hammer him now that FOX has World Cup rights?

I say 10-1. Don't want to burn those bridges.

FOX has the next two, or is it three, World Cups. ESPN can afford to slam him for a while without worry, at least until Russia. After that they'd probably need to cool down a bit.

Cystm

- Columbus Crew SC part ways with Hernan Grana

“We officially parted ways with Hernan, effective immediately,” he said. “Talking about bringing guys in and not knowing exactly how it’s going to go, the toll of being away from his family and his newborn became too much to bear. As a result of that, we parted ways with the idea that he’s returning to Argentina to be with his family.”

CCSC's best defender this year.

In honor of the US Open Cup kicking off, here is a story from The Guardian about Harpo's FC a pub team that is hoping to take out a pro team at the opening of the tournament.

42fa8f36-801d-4caa-8f7f-650175e94a3e-620x372.jpeg

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/13/will-a-pub-team-beat-us-soccers-best-in-the-open-cup

In the United States, that potential glamor and mystique is bound up in the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup. The oldest soccer competition in the country still in existence, it was first christened the National Challenge Cup, its inaugural year of 1914 an all Brooklyn affair between Brooklyn Field Club and Brooklyn Celtic in which the former come out on top. It was a symbolic event for the tournament for another reason: the early years were a time when the competition was dominated by amateur and semi-professional outfits like the two Brooklyn sides, both quaint, forgotten names that, like others, became extinct. That is, until the modern era, when MLS sides began to dominate.

Now the Open Cup can rightly offer a moral equivalence, where a lowly, ramshackle outfit can claim the scalp of an expensively acquired team operating several magnitudes above them. Witness English third-tier Bradford City knocking out Premier League champions Chelsea and top-flight strugglers Sunderland on the way to this year’s FA Cup quarter-finals. Colorado upstarts Harpo’s FC dream of something that would surely outrank even Bradford’s unlikely feat: becoming probably – in British parlance – the first Sunday league-style pub team to take down a pro side. They also break new ground in another way by becoming the first and only club to make it into the first round proper from the USSSA (the United States Speciality Sports Association), a relative newcomer to the soccer establishment and easily the rank outsider in the country’s football pyramid.

- Tab Ramos Finalizes 21-Player Roster for 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup
GOALKEEPERS (3): Jeff Caldwell (University of Virginia; Todd, N.C.), Thomas Olsen (University of San Diego; Las Vegas, Nev.), Zack Steffen (Freiburg; Downingtown, Pa.)

DEFENDERS (6): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham Hotspur; Westcliff on Sea, England), Matthew Miazga (New York Red Bulls; Clifton, N.J.), Shaquell Moore (Valencia Huracan; Powder Springs, Ga.), Erik Palmer-Brown (Sporting Kansas City; Lee’s Summit, Mo.), Desevio Payne (FC Groningen; Greenwood, S.C.), John Requejo (Club Tijuana; Carpinteria, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; Plano, Texas), Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana; Chula Vista, Calif.), Russell Canouse (Hoffenheim; Lancaster, Pa.), Marco Delgado (Toronto FC; Glendora, Calif.), Emerson Hyndman (Fulham; Dallas, Texas), Joel Soñora (Boca Juniors; Buenos Aires, Argentina), Gedion Zelalem (Arsenal; Montgomery County, Md.)

FORWARDS (5): Jordan Allen (Real Salt Lake; Rochester, N.Y.), Bradford Jamieson IV (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.), Rubio Rubin (Utrecht; Beaverton, Ore.), Maki Tall (Red Star; Washington, D.C.), Tommy Thompson (San Jose Earthquakes; Loomis, Calif.)

iltCTOAGlw6P3.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Watching the Orlando vs DC game, I feel like Orlando is getting better with each game. Their record isn't great, but they're fun to watch and they play pretty well. A couple of good pick ups during the transfer window and they could make a play-off run.

Watching the Orlando vs DC game, I feel like Orlando is getting better with each game. Their record isn't great, but they're fun to watch and they play pretty well. A couple of good pick ups during the transfer window and they could make a play-off run.

Its the only thing that sucks about leaving florida. I'm going to the NYCFC, OCSC game though

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Its the only thing that sucks about leaving florida. I'm going to the NYCFC, OCSC game though

You should be a Red Bulls fan with us, the team is actually good and has a real stadium. Plus it's not much harder to get to Red Bull Arena than it is Yankee Stadium, it's just a quick ride on the PATH train.

You should be a Red Bulls fan with us, the team is actually good and has a real stadium. Plus it's not much harder to get to Red Bull Arena than it is Yankee Stadium, it's just a quick ride on the PATH train.

Oh yeah. I hate NYFC and plan on being a Red bulls fan (secondary to Orlando obviously)

edit: lol at the Fbombs by the orlando city supporters

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh yeah. I hate NYFC and plan on being a Red bulls fan (secondary to Orlando obviously)

edit: lol at the Fbombs by the orlando city supporters

Obviously.

I love the Orlando City supporters, they're so crazy.

EDIT: Fucking hell DC, so evil. Come on Orlando, at least tie it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom