• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin BaxterVerified account
‏@kbaxter11
#LAFC on Monday will detail plans for a $250-million stadium on Sports Arena site, most expensive privately-financed soccer stadium in U.S.

yo im kinda excited to see what they're gonna do.

e:

Kevin Baxter ‏@kbaxter11 17m17 minutes ago
The 22,000-seat stadium is the first open-air professional sports venue to be build in the City of L.A. since Dodger Stadium #LAFC

Kevin Baxter ‏@kbaxter11 15m15 minutes ago
There is a major drawback though Permitting and construction will take more than two years, delaying #LAFC's MLS debut a full season to 2018

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-sp-la-soccer-stadium-20150518-story.html

The Galaxy average around 21k per match.

Early LAFC stadium rendering:

n2HzA6T.jpg

Yeah I'm probably gonna snag a pair in 202.

I'm gonna try and snag something in the lower level. Every time I've went, I've always been in 201. I love the view but if I can get two tickets in the lower level for the price of one ticket in 201 when I bought them from the team itself, I'd be happy.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Went to the RB2 match yesterday with some guys from ESC, had an awesome time pregaming at a local bar and singing during the match. It was cool watching a match in Manhattan, so close to me that I decided to take a bus to the field.

Osorio

Went to the RB2 match yesterday with some guys from ESC, had an awesome time pregaming at a local bar and singing during the match. It was cool watching a match in Manhattan, so close to me that I decided to take a bus to the field.

Looks fun. What are some good bars in Inwood? I'm only in the neighborhood for brunch at Mamajuana's on Dyckman.

$250 million seems like a hell of a lot for a 22k stadium, and those renderings make it look like there'd be little room for expansion.

What's MLS planning to do when these 20k stadiums are bursting at the seems in a few years? Knock them down and build bigger ones in their coveted downtown locations? Or will they just be content jacking up ticket prices?

In Orlando they're building a 19,500 capacity stadium with an ability to expand to 25,000 seats, but they're averaged 37k per game in the Citrus Bowl. Their lowest attendance figure so far exceeded what their new stadium will be able to fill after expansion.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
$250 million seems like a hell of a lot for a 22k stadium, and those renderings make it look like there'd be little room for expansion.

What's MLS planning to do when these 20k stadiums are bursting at the seems in a few years? Knock them down and build bigger ones in their coveted downtown locations? Or will they just be content jacking up ticket prices?

In Orlando they're building a 19,500 capacity stadium with an ability to expand to 25,000 seats, but they're averaged 37k per game in the Citrus Bowl. Their lowest attendance figure so far exceeded what their new stadium will be able to fill after expansion.

Luckily Orlando is already trying to get the stadium plans amended to account for this.

We'll probably see clubs go into football stadiums for a year or two while new larger stadiums are built if and when that happens. I get not wanting to go too big right now, they'd rather have the optics of a sold out crowd than showing a lot of empty seats.

Luckily Orlando is already trying to get the stadium plans amended to account for this.

We'll probably see clubs go into football stadiums for a year or two while new larger stadiums are built if and when that happens. I get not wanting to go too big right now, they'd rather have the optics of a sold out crowd than showing a lot of empty seats.

I totally get being conservative, and it's worked out well for them thus far. They just seem to be going a bit *too* conservative with the newer stadiums.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I totally get being conservative, and it's worked out well for them thus far. They just seem to be going a bit *too* conservative with the newer stadiums.

Don't forget that MLS had teams in Florida that failed, so I totally get going so conservative on Orlando's original stadium. They wanted to make sure that even in the worst case that it would turn a profit, no one saw these huge numbers of spectators coming.

I agree. I also dont see how that LA stadium could be expanded.

I think Toronto did the right thing with their design. The Galaxy did well too, starting with 27,000.

I think building all these 18-22k stadiums are a mistake. At the very minimum it should be 25,000.

If it doesnt sell out, who cares? Baseball games rarely sell out, and nobody gives a shit. Getting a ticket to see your favorite team shouldnt be so difficult as it is in the NFL.

NASL in Miami, huh

I knew cricket was popular but I had no idea the salaries were so high

Yeah 4m USD most go a longggg way in India.

There's a caveat at the bottom

Editor's note: A different methodology was used for the nine IPL clubs on the list. Those clubs -- Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Daredevils, Chennai Super Kings, Pune Warriors, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Kings XI Punjab, Rajasthan Royals -- play a six-week season. Because the season is so short, Harris derives their placement by determining the amount a team pays out on a weekly basis and then multiples that figure by 52 weeks. Therefore, the average annual pay for these nine IPL clubs is not an amount of money that the club actually pays, but a reflection of what they would pay out to their players if the IPL had more of a year-round season.

ZZMitch

This ref is a joke. Misses pretty obvious penalty on Caldwell and then calls a super harsh penalty on Goncalves. I guess it works out in the end but cmon man!

Fun game tho

Osorio

NYRB II is losing to NJ Express 1-0 at NJIT

3rd Round of the Open Cup

I'm assuming NYRB II came on with a B team so that players for NYRB II aren't cup tied when the first team enters the tournament. If not, that's just sad.

edit: yeah it's the former.

Diaz
Thomas - da Fonte - Plewa - Heffron
Metzger - Etienne - Adams
J. Sanchez - Tsonis - Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom