• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainy

Banned
How was the 1st half? I was too involved in Divinity: Original Sin to realize there was a US game on.

Bad injury for Jamieson in the first few minutes so he had to be carried off on a stretcher. Besides that, decent chances for both sides, Colombia had the better ones imo. Wasn't too bad a half for the US though.

Nyx

WarpedDazzlingAgama.gif

Esch

Banned
I really like Rubin the most out of all the young usmnt forwards along with Gyasi. Dude is still a raw product but he just has that stone face composure/goon attitude. Reminds me of Demps. Hope he continues to improve his finishing.

More random news:
Goff said:
MLS players' union aiming to release salary list around July 1. Much later than usual; CBA delayed process this year.
Tom Marshall said:
US international Joe Corona on Club Tijuana's transfer list. Expect him to sign for a new club today.

Bradley gets left home? No Jozy? Donovan gets the call? What?
Might be Besler, Gonzalez, or Cameron? I dunno. Klinsi is so crazy it could be anything.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
More random news:

Might be Besler, Gonzalez, or Cameron? I dunno. Klinsi is so crazy it could be anything.

I don't thin bringing any of them would raise an eyebrow, maybe leaving them off? But then the only reason Gonzalez didn't get the call for these two matches is Arena asked for him to stay with the Galaxy.

Zelalem wouldn't be surprising as he said he'd get the call at some point. Maybe Miazga?

Nyx

I really like Rubin the most out of all the young usmnt forwards along with Gyasi. Dude is still a raw product but he just has that stone face composure/goon attitude. Reminds me of Demps. Hope he continues to improve his finishing.

His finishing in Utrecht was in fact one of the things that media agreed on to be his weak points. While people from the club always said that he scored a lot on the training ground but just not yet in a real match.

It took months for him to make his first goal iirc.

Anyway while I don't think Rubin is an exceptional talent I do believe he can get pretty far as he seems to live for the sport and wants to grow as a player every new day. He reminds me a bit of Dirk Kuyt who also started his pro career at Utrecht and became an international striker for a big part thanks to his enormous willpower.

Esch

Banned
His finishing in Utrecht was in fact one of the things that media agreed on to be his weak points. While people from the club always said that he scored a lot on the training ground but just not yet in a real match.

It took months for him to make his first goal iirc.

Anyway while I don't think Rubin is an exceptional talent I do believe he can get pretty far as he seems to live for the sport and wants to grow as a player every new day. He reminds me a bit of Dirk Kuyt who also started his pro career at Utrecht and became an international striker for a big part thanks to his enormous willpower.

Yeah basically I don't think his ceiling is very high, but I think he has pretty good mental strength and is hungry for it.

look at that face.

Thats a man who wants to score.

- Retired Beasley, Stanford's Morris make U.S.'s provisional Gold Cup team
Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake), William Yarbrough (Club Leon)

Defenders: Ventura Alvarado (Club America), DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Greg Garza (Club Tijuana), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers), Brek Shea (Orlando City SC), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach), Perry Kitchen (D.C. United), Alfredo Morales (FC Ingolstadt), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution), Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Alan Gordon (LA Galaxy), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Jordan Morris (Stanford University), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom