• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZMitch

Almost time to go grab some poutine before I head to BMO Field. HNNGGGGGG -- poutine is amazing.

It really is. I wasn't hot on it when I first came to Toronto for school but now I can't get enough. Went to Smoke's last night at 2am for some post-bar poutine :D

Dartastic

You can't underestimate any team in MLS. There's no reason to freak out this early in the season.
I know it's early, but IT'S TIME FOR A WIN. AND WE'RE AT HOME. GIVE USSS THREEE POINTTSSSSSSS. :(
That's what Vancouver said as well.

And New York :(
I really, really want to see a good performance from our back 4. Especially Paparatto, if he's playing. Dude has been real bad for us so far.

...also, of the games that start in half an hour, what do you guys think I should watch?

ATF487

Nice, apparently there's a new artificial surface at Gillette that sucks less than the old one. The ball seems to be bouncing less at least

Dartastic

Welp. That's the end of this RSL game, prolly. Sorry Philly fans. You should have gotten a clear PK.

EDIT - GLAD I SPOKE TOO SOON. YEAH UNION!

ngower

Decent half in the New England v Houston game. Revs with a slight edge in shots, possession, et al, but the game is pretty even between the two sides. The talking point of the game thus far is Jose Goncalves being taken off in the first half after a collision with Ricardo Clark, who earned a yellow for his late challenge from behind. Will be interesting to see how the Revs back line adjusts throughout the second half, but New England can win this if their link-up play improves. Solid play so far, but missing that lethal touch/pass in the final third.

Spl1nter

Tough game for tfc. Was the better team in the 2nd half, didn't get all the calls, specifically the Gilberto foul on the box. Hurts having so many starters injured on a team without great depth. Gilberto has been very good but is snakebitten right now. Bekker looked good, don't really like Hall.

zroid

Banned
I didn't see the numbers but I'm pretty sure TFC had the possession advantage for the game. Ironically that would be the first time in their 5 fixtures.

ngower

2-0 yaassss!

iMtCfjXbZYVQG.gif

CobbFC09

Been looking around for a centennial jersey on eBay and keep coming across ones like this:

Is this real? I've never seen a centennial with the WCQ patches on the sleeves. Seller is selling it for $62.00 which also seems weird to me.

ZZMitch

Man, Dempsey almost had a beautiful goal there.

And another goal for Clint! 5 in 2 games. I wonder if he can stay hot going into the world cup.

Ok half for the LA Galaxy. They started out really strong but after that they just were not as sharp. Penedo with the usual strong saves to keep the game tied.

Nesotenso

When is Landon going to get his goal?

want him to reach 135 already. Didn't see the match, but did he look good?

Dempsey looking great is great for the team come Brazil.

Meier

Man, Dempsey almost had a beautiful goal there.

And another goal for Clint! 5 in 2 games. I wonder if he can stay hot going into the world cup.

I picked the right time to get him into my fantasy team in place of Donovan. Two huge games in a row.

Akim

Banned
I uh. Yeah. I don't have much to say. I want to say the MLS refs are shit (because they are) but I also at the same time don't want to make excuses. I believe in Porter.

Didn't watch the game, but the goal Torres put in looked like some bad defending. Both defender just sorta stood there and put their hands up. Easy finish.

Dartastic

Didn't watch the game, but the goal Torres put in looked like some bad defending. Both defender just sorta stood there and put their hands up. Easy finish.
Yep. Rewatched it, and you're totally right. Sloppy defense. I still think we defended better without Paparatto, but yeah. I'm actually really irritated about that first half. I dont see anyone discussing it, but there was way too much pressure on the Timbers side of the field.

Hieberrr

Despite the terrible loss, we're still second in the east. Not bad. It could be worse.

I really hope we can pit some space between us and everyone below us before the WC hits. Because if the current state of the team is any indication, Bradley, Cesar, and maybe even Defoe may need a 2 week break after they come back.

Yanks abroad updates from Sciaretta:
In Ligue 1, Nantes defeat Guingamp 1-0 while #usmnt mid Alejandro Bedoya goes a full 90 in the win

Former US U20/U23 winger Joe Gyau on the bench for Hoffenheim while #usmnt mid/def Fabian Johnson starts. Hoffenheim v. Augsburg 11:30am est

Osorio

Petke is a fucking idiot. That Bover substitution should've happened at the 60th.

Also, someone on the team needs to shoot the fucking ball. Anybody!

Hieberrr

I was randomly thinking about Canada potentially hosting the 2026 WC and I started watching some YouTube videos of the Brazil-Chile friendly that was held at the Rogers Centre in Toronto last year.

You know what? If we renovate the Rogers Centre, Olympic Stadium, and Common Wealth Stadium, we can definitely host it.

BC Place = 50K
Rogers Centre = 60K (once they add in the temp seats to each end and get the configuration right)
Olympic Stadium = 55K (again, if they can get the seating right with the renos)
Common Wealth Stadium = 50K
Regina's New CFL Stadium = 33K
Tim Horton''s Field = 40K (potentially if they decide to expand it)
BMO Field = 40K
(Note: My figures are probably off, LOL)

While I do think we may need a 70K-80K stadium for the final, I don't see why we couldn't host it given what we'll most likely have by 2026. Who knows.

But I really do want Canada to host it :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom