• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osorio

Also have Robles on my fantasy team

League leader in saves! Dude is a beast. If we lock down a long term contract I'm copping his jersey asap

Askani

CONCACAF Champion's League! Two game playoff. Two goals scored. Neither team won a game. How underwhelming.

Away Goals rule sucks.

Askani

Nothing officially announced yet. They still have teams left to qualify from other countries before they can even do the group draws.

Osorio

Pretty much confirmed were playing the cosmos in the fourth round. I'm hoping its away, would love a massive south ward presence on long island

xbhaskarx

I like Vancouver's 40th anniversary logo

I wish the Quakes had done something temporary instead of making their new crappy crest...

Osorio

Petke says that there won't be many changes in the lineup tomorrow. So he's trotting out slow legged Peggy and limping Henry on three days rest against a possession side like Columbus. This fucking guy...

However I don't want Alexander touching the middle of the park again. Meh

Askani

I'm officially in for the SKC #Roaddron to Chicago. This will be my first away game.

Hopefully they aren't battery throwers.

- ESPN: Tim Howard to retire after current deal
Tim Howard's new contract will be his last.

The longtime U.S. national team goalkeeper, who last week signed a two-year extension with Everton that will take him past his 39th birthday, says there is no chance he will play professionally into his forties -- despite Toffees manager Roberto Martinez's belief that he is capable.

Tim Howard says he will not return to MLS after his new Everton contract expires.

"He is a fit man and at the peak of his powers," Martinez said when the deal, which runs through the 2017-18 English Premier League season, was announced on April 17. "I know he will play on beyond 40."

Not so, according to Howard.

"I'll be on a beach somewhere when I'm 40," Howard told ESPNFC.com in a phone interview on Friday. "I would pretty much take that to the bank that I won't be playing past 40. There are other things I want to achieve in life, other things that I want to do."

Howard has spoken often about his desire to move into a front office role -- either in England or in MLS -- after his playing days are over. Television work could be another option; he's already provided color commentary on several of NBC's Premier League broadcasts this season.

But Howard has also expressed a desire to finish his career where it started. He left MLS in 2003 when he was transferred from the MetroStars -- now the New York Red Bulls -- to Manchester United. His new pact with Everton all but ended those ambitions.

"Up until last week it was a possibility," Howard said. "But I think that ship has sailed for me now. I think MLS had its chance, if I'm being honest, but now I'll finish my career with Everton and be a happy man."

qamMEYm.jpg

Dartastic

We really need a win. We were looking so good last week against RSL. Please, please, please let us bring it home against Houston. If we can't pull down a win this week, it's panic time for real.

Nesotenso

Chandler was in the starting 11 for Nurenberg. Doesn't sound like he played well in the first half. Subbed off to start the 2nd. Hoping it is a stamina and form issue instead of a reinjury.

Brooks got his second goal of the season for Hertha Berlin.

Osorio

I believe the ratings for the mls cup final on unimas equaled the ratings on espn. Unimas is going to be a large part of the next deal.

What id really like is a dedicated show for mls. I pretty much have to scrounge for all news online

daoster

So do we call Boyd into the 30 man? The guy has had a decent season so far, but he's never scored for us, but how many times has he really started or even played for the senior team? Or is he a 2018 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom