• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

RoY Shipp to UC Davis' Amarikwa, getting me fantasy points.

What's happening with New England, I thought they'd be one of the top teams in the East...

xbhaskarx

Yeah well last year Heaps didn't have to do much, he just let Nguyen/Fagundez/Rowe/Agudelo do their thing. With Rowe injured and Agudelo having been replaced by Teal freaking Bunbury the attacking chemistry is just not the same...

ngower

Very strange game in Chicago. Plenty of poor refereeing for both teams to complain about.

Ultimately, I was frustrated at the Revs play. Heaps' team held back and bunkered WHEN WE WERE UP A MAN! Shuttleworth barely saved a bad penalty, had that been anywhere else, Chicago would have taken the win they deserved.

xbhaskarx

I feel like Vancouver should be winning more games than they are, they have a lot of talent on that roster. But LA has Keane and Penedo...

Okay now the real games are starting, Dallas-Toronto (Bradley is playing) and RSL-Portland in an hour.

Zynx

Issey N-F! Noice!

Btw, will the disciplinary committee review that elbow?

WTF - he just kicks Cesar in the chest?

Toronto turning it over a lot.

xbhaskarx

Nice pass from Nakajima-Farran, how about staying onside there Gilberto, or not shooting the ball at the goalkeeper.

Didn't Gilberto say he was going to score like twenty goals this season. He might want to start now. Another foreigner underestimating MLS...

Meier

That was an absolutely beautiful corner by Dallas.

Wait, it was a defender who actually took the corner? Wow, I've gotta get this guy on my team.

A little disappointing with the tie. I was only able to catch the second half, but it seemed like the LA Galaxy played pretty well. Little mistakes cost us the game. The first goal should have never happened and then another late goal that was a big problem last year and it is starting to show up again this season. Still early in the season and the team looks good so far.

Meier

Come on TFC... Can I please get some offence?! I can't take watching FCD get chance after chance after chance.

That ball the keeper caught was damn close to being over the line it seemed like.

Nice cross into the box there from Dallas -- thought that was a goal for sure.

Dartastic

This officiating!

I never used to get upset about this kind of stuff, but now that I'm supporting a team...
Haha. I know those feels. It especially smarts when it's Nagbe getting fouled. Tied for the most fouled player in MLS this year. Whee!

Dartastic

Anyone else having trouble with MLS Live tonight? I can't even get the main page to load. mlssoccer.com is fine, though.
Apparently it's kinda borked and they're working on it. Thank god I'm watching the RSL game at a bar. We look even. Sometimes even better. Our defense is doing well and our offense has put together some excellent plays. We so far have been putting together that "complete performance" that porter has been talking about. I'm freaking out a little.

Meier

Just seeing Dom Dwyer scored a few goals tonight. I wonder if there's any chance we'll try and sign him (or more importantly if SKC would even consider selling) before next season.

Askani

Well, that was a dismantling. Didn't expect 4-0.

Anyone else having trouble with MLS Live tonight? I can't even get the main page to load. mlssoccer.com is fine, though.

They have a twitter feed at @MLSsupport. Looks like it's mostly just "try to restart the feed" but maybe tweet them if it keeps up.

xbhaskarx

Did they want the fan in the front stands to give the ball back? Not as generous as in baseball?

They're not at all comparable. Do you know how much soccer balls cost? On top of that, baseballs are soft leather and if they get scuffed up they're no longer usable...

Zynx

They're not at all comparable. Do you know how much soccer balls cost? On top of that, baseballs are soft leather and if they get scuffed up they're no longer usable...

No, I get the price difference. But they do seem to have a lot of spare balls all around the pitch, and the chance of taking a ball away from the game can be a bonus fan perk. And I'm guessing that they don't demand the return of balls that get booted deep into the stands, or do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom