• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

I'm okay with the loss. I feel like that was the "complete performance" that porter was talking about. We weren't outplayed, and we had the best looks of the night.

Nice to see Bedoya with a goal and Boyd with a brace today.

U-20's kicking off now:
#USMNT U20 XI v. River Plate: Steffen; Moore, Miazga, Dainkeh, Amick, Vazquez, Gooch (c), Allen, Gall, Rubin, Spencer.

Also, pixelated versions of all the World Cup jerseys via SI.com:

mwAT3ST.png

Meier

Orlando City are going to play the entire 2015 season in the Citrus Bowl. No surprise. A construction timeline of 1 year was waaaay too short as I suggested the other day.
Due to delays in the City of Orlando’s acquisition of land required for the downtown, soccer-specific stadium, the Lions also announced they will play the entire 2015 MLS season in the Orlando Citrus Bowl. With more than $200 million spent on stadium reconstruction, the “new” Orlando Citrus Bowl will reopen as a world-class stadium and offer an enhanced fan experience at every ticket price level in 2015 featuring wider chair-back seating in select areas, new concession areas, and new club and premium spaces throughout the stadium.

Beginning in 2016, the new downtown stadium will become the permanent home of Orlando City with its location one block west of the Amway Center. The natural grass playing surface will be surrounded by approximately 20,000 seats, providing an intimate and energetic atmosphere. Funding for the $80+ million stadium has already been secured from the Club, City of Orlando, Orange County, Seminole County and Osceola County.

“We remain hard at work alongside our partner the City of Orlando on all aspects of the project,” said Rawlins. “I am very confident saying that we remain fully on track to open our new stadium prior to the start of the 2016 MLS season and we will be announcing details for our new stadium ground breaking ceremony later this year.”
http://www.orlandocitysoccer.com/news/?article_id=1815

NYC FC are having an announcement at 11 Eastern. I'd imagine this will be confirmation about the Yankees Stadium thing and maybe some info about the final location. Could also be a kit design.

Askani

Dan Dickinson ‏@GothamistDan 8m
Kreis says 70 wide is a “comfortable width” and that he’s happy with the size.

/gag

EDIT :::::

Ben Jata ‏@Ben_Jata 16m
Current MLS Stadium Field Dimensions:

NYCFC: 110x70

110x75
110x76
114x74
115x70
115x74
115x75
117x74
117x75
120x75 - 7 teams
120x77
120x80

Officially a kiddie field.

xbhaskarx

Come on man for your own credibility say "it's not ideal but we'll make it work" or something like that...

What's the size of that postage stamp the Timbers play on? I know they've increased it twice since Porter arrived...

I'm guessing 115x70 is Houston as Dom Kinnear hates soccer.

Askani

It just sucks. Makes the game feel choked. And just for the record...Yes, I'm well aware that when Sporting played in Community America Ballpark that the field was something like 107 x 70. It sucked then and it sucks now.

If I'm honest, it still blows my mind that there isn't a more strict required dimensions from FIFA. Like, exact dimensions.

It does me too sometimes. Same as MLB stadiums though. Would be interesting to see what would happen if you played NFL games on different sized fields. Or NBA games for that matter.

Meier

So not only are they removing the mound, they'll put down and tear up grass over half the infield every time they do the conversion? Hopefully the inevitable outrage from Yankees fans speeds up the approval process for the soccer stadium...

They talked about it during the press conference. It was a little confusing, but they're going to modify the mound itself so that they can use some sort of device to just lift away the entire thing and store it. Apparently it'll allow them to save a day of the conversion process. Interesting stuff, apparently someone else has already done it -- I think he said the Giants.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
And he said he's fine with a permanent home outside the five boroughs lol

What're their fans going to say when they're actually Yonkers fc?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Oh gods, if that were to happen. I would laugh in all those NYCFC supporters' faces.

Sciaretta notes that Stoke are appealing Agudelo's work permit for next season. Not a bad situation either way if he ends up playing for Stoke or headed back to Holland.

Askani

Benny.gif

Saw a gif of Feilhaber's through ball from Saturday on MLS's site. From the middle third to the attcking third and perfectly weighted.

C'mon, Jurgen. #FreeBenny

What I don't get is if we're a couple months away from the WC (holy shit its almost time!), why would you willingly put foreign substances in your legs?

Granted its only a tattoo, but what if shit goes wrong?

Dartastic

Best half of the season so far. Everyone looked great.
I'm really, really hoping we dismantle Houston on Sunday like you guys are dismantling them now. Our best performance of the year so far was against RSL, so we're definitely getting better. We need those points.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
The whole team was incredible tonight. Miller, subs, everyone. Such a great win. I loved seeing Petke calling Bover over (Haha.) and congratulating him for his goal.

Osorio

Also Steele proved that it was Alexander's spot to lose. Johnny served his purpose as fresh legs but ultimately he's all hustle no skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom