• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

Good news: Peguy is back for tonight's game

Bad news: Colin is also back for tonight's match

I reeeeeally hope they aren't rushing him back. Or that he's rushing himself back. To say we need him is an understatement, but I don't want to mortgage future games missed games against trying to get him back for this one.

Maybe they shipped in some last minute Horse Placenta for him. We'd get a good 10 minutes out of him at least that way.

Osorio

Most important question is: Will Petke start Alexander in the middle?

Bover's proven to me that he deserves his first start since the opening game of last season. Now, he said his preferred position is in the center but I wouldn't mind us trotting out Peguy in the middle with Bover on the left. However, Petke's usually gone with more defensive-minded formations away from home.

However, SKC is depleted in the back and we should use that to our advantage. Not to mention our back 5 is not to be trusted as we've been disarmingly open the last few matches. Petke needs to be looking at this game as three points. Fuck a draw.

Osorio

I reeeeeally hope they aren't rushing him back. Or that he's rushing himself back. To say we need him is an understatement, but I don't want to mortgage future games missed games against trying to get him back for this one.

Maybe they shipped in some last minute Horse Placenta for him. We'd get a good 10 minutes out of him at least that way.

I'd imagine Colin wants to bugger the shit out of Henry in his native tongue.

Some slightly extended thoughts on the practice yesterday.

As previously stated, based on practice yesterday, this is the assumed depth chart / starters:
Starters: Howard; Johnson, Cameron, Besler, Beasley; Zusi, Jones, Bradley, Bedoya; Dempsey, Altidore
2nd team: Guzan; Yedlin, Gonzalez, Brooks, Chandler; Green, Beckerman, Mixx, Davis; Johannsson, Wondo

That's a midfield diamond with Jones staying behind Bradley (good luck with that!) and Dempsey sitting closer to the midfield than Altidore.

Other misc practice notes:
- Dempsey was doing well in the shooting drills. Altidore and Wondo looked ok, but Johannsson was shanking things left and right. Bradley looked sharp, as usual.
- The wind was causing all sorts of problems with any pass in the air, so I imagine it'll cause some unpredictability tonight with any long ball.
- As far as who hung with each other, the MLS guys were in one group. The Germans came out of the tunnel together, and Altidore, Johannsson, and Mixx were in a group. Bradley was doing press before the game and was already out on the field.
- The crowd was mostly positive, though there were a few jokes about Donovan when practice started but that died down quickly.
- There were probably about a thousand people there.
- At one point Diskerud tried to knock Jones off the ball and it was hilariously ineffective.
- Rimando is short
- US is wearing the red-white-blue uniforms tonight.

daoster

Some slightly extended thoughts on the practice yesterday.

As previously stated, based on practice yesterday, this is the assumed depth chart / starters:
Starters: Howard; Johnson, Cameron, Besler, Beasley; Zusi, Jones, Bradley, Bedoya; Dempsey, Altidore
2nd team: Guzan; Yedlin, Gonzalez, Brooks, Chandler; Green, Beckerman, Mixx, Davis; Johannsson, Wondo

That's a midfield diamond with Jones staying behind Bradley (good luck with that!) and Dempsey sitting closer to the midfield than Altidore.

Other misc practice notes:
- Dempsey was doing well in the shooting drills. Altidore and Wondo looked ok, but Johannsson was shanking things left and right. Bradley looked sharp, as usual.
- The wind was causing all sorts of problems with any pass in the air, so I imagine it'll cause some unpredictability tonight with any long ball.
- As far as who hung with each other, the MLS guys were in one group. The Germans came out of the tunnel together, and Altidore, Johannsson, and Mixx were in a group. Bradley was doing press before the game and was already out on the field.
- The crowd was mostly positive, though there were a few jokes about Donovan when practice started but that died down quickly.
- There were probably about a thousand people there.
- At one point Diskerud tried to knock Jones off the ball and it was hilariously ineffective.
- Rimando is short
- US is wearing the red-white-blue uniforms tonight.

Thanks for the updates.

Because of it being a long weekend, I forgot the game was on today, and thought it was tomorrow.

So thanks for the reminder as well!

I was wondering what the angle is on that, so I checked:
The ESPN3 Surround coverage also will deliver two alternate camera feeds for every telecast, from tactical cams that provide a high and wide view of the pitch, and real-time highlight reels that will update as big moments happen during every live match.
Sounds like the FIFA tele view. :p
Also, I just realized that this game starts at 7 PM Pacific, not Eastern. That sucks for working stiffs on the East Coast like me.
At least it's not in Hawaii.

hom3land

Such a great week for soccer. Game tonight, US Open Cup game tomorrow and regular season game Saturday. I'm loving it! Anyone else going to a Open cup game this week? Railhawks win tomorrow , we get to host Chivas usa, and hopefully continue our LA killing streak.

gutshot

Such a great week for soccer. Game tonight, US Open Cup game tomorrow and regular season game Saturday. I'm loving it! Anyone else going to a Open cup game this week? Railhawks win tomorrow , we get to host Chivas usa, and hopefully continue our LA killing streak.

You going to the game against the Eagles? Or the game against Chivas, if they win? I might try to get to that game against Chivas.

EDIT: LOL

BornCaOIAAAZw8S.jpg

Dartastic

GO MURICA. Also, Alexi says that the "problem with the USMNT diamond mid featuring Jones behind Bradley is it puts both players in positions they aren't good at."

WTF is he smoking? Does he remember the game where Bradley was the point of the diamond at all? The game that prompted the quote (I'm just trying to recall it, it's not word for word) that Bradley "looked like the best player in the world" or something like that? Fuck, Lalas. Get it together.

Meier

Okay now everything makes sense, of course if you're bringing Yedlin as a midfield substitute (a position he has never played professionally) rather than a fullback, you pick him over Donovan any day of the week....
It's clear he wants pace off the bench with both Yedlin and Green available on each side of the pitch.

hom3land

You going to the game against the Eagles? Or the game against Chivas, if they win? I might try to get to that game against Chivas.

EDIT: LOL

BornCaOIAAAZw8S.jpg

Going to both of course. Will definitely be there tomorrow and if they win will be at chivas game. Got to support them hawks.

Lkr

this is a dope national anthem. sounds like its from a western movie kinda. glad they are letting the fans sing ours though, we need to do this all the time

Lkr

Yeap, that is one epic sounding anthem.

this turned out SO bad. they cut the music though i think, which is kinda cool and it sounds better now.

wait they didn't even finish, gave up before it was over LMAO

we do it better in jacksonville though, we drowned out the singer against scotland a few years back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom