• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Not going to say it...

Yes I am. Donovan should be out there. Without Dempsey, Bradley has to do too much. We need Donovan. Smfh
Sorry, you're clutching at straws here. Bradley is just playing shitty, it has nothing to do with needing to do too much.

Very poor form by the US. They are going to get decimated at the WC at this rate...

This is painful. I hope to god they play better when they come up here to play Turkey.

They're not playing terribly. Not well enough to compete against Germany, mind you, but this is the first send-off game playing against a side parking the bus (no World Cup caliber team is parking the bus against the US in Brazil). They have time to improve.

Lkr

They're not playing terribly. Not well enough to compete against Germany, mind you, but this is the first send-off game playing against a side parking the bus (no World Cup caliber team is parking the bus against the US in Brazil). They have time to improve.

it is the first game of the send off series. it isn't like these guys play together on a regular basis. a lot of them are in MLS and their teams are still playing

I would like to see more urgency on the ball from the US, they've basically been walking the ball around the pitch for the last twenty minutes.

But the result of this match in terms of the final scoreline is irrelevant. I'm much more concerned to see how individuals are playing (ex. Bradley playing poorly, Altidore playing well).

fake edit: As I type, Mix scores

Second time Azerbaijan got caught sleeping on the set piece. Too easy for Kevin Bacon.

Set pieces are vital for this US team, especially against a side playing 11 men behind the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom