• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

KJ0pnex.jpg

Letting people into the field for a USMNT watch party with the game on the big screens. I'm sitting on the edge of the attacking third almost dead center to the screen. So good.

Meier

Ref is calling this very tight. No physicality being allowed. Maybe that was requested since it probably mirrors how they'll call it in Brazil.

Dartastic

Uncalled hand balls are awesome. Altidore had a real chance there. He should have gone for the finish though. If that Timbers game this weekend taught me anything....

Meier

That was a nice move. Beasley linking up well with Jozy.

Jermaine Jones has looked like the best player on the pitch thus far.

great linkage there. We look far more comfortable with the ball than in 2010. Admittedly, this is azerbeijian. I don't remember who we played in the send-off in 2010.

Altidore not looking too good

The 1% being Ronaldo, Messi, Van Persie.....

If you are intimating that Altidore would be as good as those players if he hustled after a clear hand-ball towards a ball that he has a <5% chance of getting after he put momentum into passing it, then god damn the USA is ready to win a world cup.

Meier

Altidore not looking too good

The 1% being Ronaldo, Messi, Van Persie.....
Don't think so. It's pretty typical for superstars to call for a handball frequently. Ronaldo was going bonkers about one not being called off his FK the other day when the game was still 1-1.

Team has not played particularly well thus far but they have looked a little more comfortable as time has progressed. Poor performances from Bradley and Johnson in the first half.

The final ball's been lacking but they've done a good enough job in the midfield keeping possession and regaining it quickly the times they've lost it to keep pressure off of the backline.

Few chances to counter with Azerbaijan parking the bus.

Dartastic

The final ball's been lacking but they've done a good enough job in the midfield keeping possession and regaining it quickly the times they've lost it to keep pressure off of the backline.

Few chances to counter with Azerbaijan parking the bus.
I would agree. The game seemingly is on the attacking half. That being said, this isn't good enough.

CobbFC09

Seemed to dominate most of the play, but the play in the final third was disappointing.

Btw, the ESPN3 tactical camera is pretty neat.

Meier

There appears to be zero creativity in this US team. Can't get anything going through the middle.
Agreed. Part of that is because they're parking the bus, but a lot of it has had to due with Bradley dropping deeper than he probably should if he's at the top of the diamond and his general poor play thus far.

Lkr

Seemed to dominate most of the play, but the play in the final third was disappointing.

Btw, the ESPN3 tactical camera is pretty neat.

good thing no one will park the bus in brazil

should have been a penalty, but i'd rather see us practice set pieces anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom