• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesotenso

What did JK say post game?

left side of the backline is still a concern. In the beginning all the attacks were coming from Chandler's side and his last 20 minutes or so were a disaster. I would still start him and Bedoya in the next game though. Jozy needs to find his scoring touch. Getting Aron more minutes would be great but I don't think he has a shot at starting unless someone is injured. JK is too enamored with Jozy's physical presence up front ,which is fine but I wish he makes more of the chances he gets.

Facism

we were fucking horrible and i'm surprised the win wasn't by a bigger margin. Yeh Terim is trying out a load of new players and we have some injuries, so no Arda, Semih Kaya, Mehmet Topal, Salih Ucan, Egemen, Tore etc.

Fucking Balta as centre-half. Horrible. He can't play there. He's too old, too slow and made of glass. Selcuk Inan is a midfielder with no vision that can barely pass forward, double ruined by the touch of Mancini. Always 50/50 if i watch a turkey international if he's playing. Glad to see Ozyakup get some playing time.

We're still lacking killer strikers. Mevlut doesn't really cut it. Burak Yilmaz only scores if someone passes a through ball perfectly to him. Everyone else is old, shit or wasted in their prime. To have a Nihat in this age would be a godsend.

I hope the US team sorts it's defensive partnering out. Just as horrid as the Turkey makeshift set-up. Good at blocking shit though. Will deffo be watching them and hoping they progress past the group stage :)

Nesotenso

we were fucking horrible and i'm surprised the win wasn't by a bigger margin. Yeh Terim is trying out a load of new players and we have some injuries, so no Arda, Semih Kaya, Mehmet Topal, Salih Ucan, Egemen, Tore etc.

Fucking Balta as centre-half. Horrible. He can't play there. He's too old, too slow and made of glass. Selcuk Inan is a midfielder with no vision that can barely pass forward, double ruined by the touch of Mancini. Always 50/50 if i watch a turkey international if he's playing. Glad to see Ozyakup get some playing time.

We're still lacking killer strikers. Mevlut doesn't really cut it. Burak Yilmaz only scores if someone passes a through ball perfectly to him. Everyone else is old, shit or wasted in their prime. To have a Nihat in this age would be a godsend.

I hope the US team sorts it's defensive partnering out. Just as horrid as the Turkey makeshift set-up. Good at blocking shit though. Will deffo be watching them and hoping they progress past the group stage :)

always astonished at the passion Turkish and Greek fans have. Having Turkey back in the WC would be great. I don't remember but was it a world cup or European championship team that was always winning it at the last minute?

making it to the Euros would be great for Turkey.

and yeah problem with the US backline is that they haven't played together. Chandler was exiled and Cameron was primarily used in the midfield during qualifying. Communication on the left side was a cause for concern today. Besler and Chandler need to get all the reps in practice together if they are starting in Brazil.

Facism

always astonished at the passion Turkish and Greek fans have. Having Turkey back in the WC would be great. I don't remember but was it a world cup or European championship team that was always winning it at the last minute?

making it to the Euros would be great for Turkey.

and yeah problem with the US backline is that they haven't played together. Chandler was exiled and Cameron was primarily used in the midfield during qualifying. Communication on the left side was a cause for concern today. Besler and Chandler need to get all the reps in practice together if they are starting in Brazil.

Probably be an idea to send them away for a weekend romantic retreat so they get to know each other, lol. Give the keeper the sex tape so he knows their moves.

It was the Euros where we were dragging out the wins. Heart Attack material. By the Semis we were missing so many players through injury and suspension we had 3/4 players left on the bench for subs. South Korean World Cup we finished 3rd in spite of Hakan Sukur playing like he was bribed.

Osorio

Colorado putting the ill beatdown against Houston. I wonder if kinnears job is in peril

Least potent Houston squad I ever seen

Nesotenso

seeing on the MLS website Arena and Keane complain about the conditions in the afternoon kick off games. Can't argue with them. MLS really needs to start games at around 8pm or later during the summer months. Afternoon games are not good for the players or viewers.

Osorio

BpIT0mGCUAALBiz.png

Quite the splash

tbm24

I'm so looking forward to next year for NYCFC to start playing. Still waiting for them to let me pick my season seats, I'm pretty excited about it. I definitely did not expect someone like Villa to show up to the team. It's gonna be a fun season.

Germany 23-man final roster

Here is Germany’s final roster in full:

GOALKEEPERS: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover).

DEFENDERS: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Erik Durm (Borussia Dortmund), Kevin Grosskreutz (Borussia Dortmund), Benedikt Hoewedes (Schalke), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Marcell Jansen (Hamburg), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal).

MIDFIELDERS: Julian Draxler (Schalke), Matthias Ginter (Freiburg), Mario Goetze (Bayern Munich), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Andre Schurrle (Chelsea), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich).

FORWARDS: Miroslav Klose (Lazio), Lukas Podolski (Arsenal), Thomas Mueller (Bayern Munich).

edit: hold up, Giuseppe Rossi get left off Italy's final WC squad again?

Meier

Incredible assist by Adi. SIGN HIM PLEASE.

http://giant.gfycat.com/BoilingShallowIvorybackedwoodswallow.gif[img][/QUOTE]
Seems like they probably will if he keeps it up. Woodenlung (FC Copenhagen fan) said it seemed like they wanted to get rid of him.

Twellman says you guys have offered Joleon Lescott $2m per. That's only like £23k a week or so which he can surely double at least in England or elsewhere, but maybe he'll want to play in America.

Dartastic

Seems like they probably will if he keeps it up. Woodenlung (FC Copenhagen fan) said it seemed like they wanted to get rid of him.

Twellman says you guys have offered Joleon Lescott $2m per. That's only like £23k a week or so which he can surely double at least in England or elsewhere, but maybe he'll want to play in America.
Yeah, I saw that. We really need a very high quality CB. We also got rid of Futty. Sooooo... yeah. That'd be great if we got Lescott.

tbm24

BpJs8CxIgAA07ZJ.jpg:large

I'm very much enjoying the support this team is getting early on by the city. I'm gonna pass by after I get out of work in an hour and take a picture of this for myself.

Incredible assist by Adi. SIGN HIM PLEASE.

BoilingShallowIvorybackedwoodswallow.gif

We agreed a fee with you, for a future possible transfer so seems pretty likely. His agent seemed pretty arrogant about it though, saying the MLS was a step back to maybe sometime soon take two steps forward again, so doubt he will want to stay for too long. Ståle Solbakken wants to get rid of him though and sees no future for him at the club at all.

Dazzler

Jay DeMerit is an accident waiting to happen for the 'Caps, really need to rest him/give someone else a shot

Good time to be a Whitecaps fan, tho

A couple ASN articles from tonight:

- 11 Quick Takes: What the Pundits Saw vs. Turkey
You should know the drill by now, ASN readers. We ask a diverse array of soccer analysts to go off on a topic, but we only give them 100 words to express themselves. Here are their words on U.S. v. Turkey
- Fabian Johnson, Now a Right Back, Targets Success
The 26-year-old Munich native is rounding into form at the perfect time for the United States national team. ASN's Brian Sciaretta spoke with Fabian Johnson after Sunday's 2-1 victory over Turkey.

EDIT:

One more from the NYT:

- Jurgen Klinsmann Gambles on Michael Bradley’s Scoring Prowess for U.S. Soccer

Meier

BpKsAS1IUAABJBq.jpg

NYCFC ad along the backstop behind home plate (although not directly as this is looking down the 1st base line it appears).

Judderman

drawer by drawer
If I see one more post about NYCFC's marketing, I'm going to lose my mind.

It's so goddamn frustrating to see all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom