• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Simple giveaways in midfield. Check.
Starting runs a few steps too late. Check.
Failing to get back on the opposite side of the field. Check.

This is my US soccer team.

:|

daoster

Same score as 4 years ago. Surprisingly, Brooks and Yedlin weren't bad. I would say that Brooks had a good game after the first couple of minutes.

Chandler too, I thought had a good game until that give away.

Askani

no he is still better than Beasley.

Chandler was bad for the first half and then had a great second half until the last 15 or so minutes.

The level of how bad it was just floors me. Lack of concentration, where it happened on the field, and how it was completely irrecoverable for him. He had to drop back and let Guzan take it while he tried to stop a play/pass towards the middle.

I can handle a breakdown or a mistake, but I can't handle it at the corner of the 18 yard box where you look flat, lost, can't catch up to the guy who beat you, and you have to leave him 1v1 with the keeper.

Talon

The level of how bad it was just floors me. Lack of concentration, where it happened on the field, and how it was completely irrecoverable for him. He had to drop back and let Guzan take it while he tried to stop a play/pass towards the middle.

I can handle a breakdown or a mistake, but I can't handle it at the corner of the 18 yard box where you look flat, lost, can't catch up to the guy who beat you, and you have to leave him 1v1 with the keeper.
It's a pretty amateurish play.

On the Claudio Reyna scale of plays no high schooler should be giving up (which goes from 1 to 10 - 10 being Reyna giving away the ball ten feet from the box in the World Cup), it was a solid 9.

xbhaskarx

Wasted chances are troubling and the defense looks like they've played together for only 20 days... Which they have since 3/4 are different from the guys Klinsmann regularly used.

I still think the needed change is Chandler at RB / Johnson at LB, but of course there's no excusing that horrific play by Chandler.

"Embryonic" is not the word I'm looking for

Would you prefer "zygotic"

Toothpick

I'm not sure I understand the hype around Julian Green.
When I see him play now, all I can think is "what would landon do?" #stillbitter

Only saw the 2nd half but I liked seeing the defense getting tested. I dont think we are going to see strong/risky defensive challenges during these friendlies. No one wants to pick up an injury so close to the world cup.

Aaaand Germany v Cameroon just tied 2-2, always good to hear :)

daoster

World Cup friendlies like these are high profile games. The kid was a mess out there. He's also going to the big show.

Eh, these friendlies are just that. Friendlies. I guess its close proximity to the world cup allows the manager to tinker with the lineup and more attention is paid to these friendlies, but I wouldn't call it high profile

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm a big fan of Jozy's fight. He just can't seem to put it behind the net...

Well he did have that one goal the ref took away. From where I was sitting I have no idea why it didn't count, I'm going to watch that part of the game again later. No one in my section, or anyone near the goal, saw what the ref saw.

Osorio

Well he did have that one goal the ref took away. From where I was sitting I have no idea why it didn't count, I'm going to watch that part of the game again later. No one in my section, or anyone near the goal, saw what the ref saw.
How were the concourses? Apparently there were 1000 more people there than there are seats in the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom