• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

4-0, Germany scoring soon after Portugal wasn't given a penalty will hopefully leave them quite frustrated over the last fifteen minutes...

daoster

Clint Dempsey (Forward, Team Captain): Like several other players on the team with dual citizenship, Dempsey has chosen to play for the United States rather than his native country of Texas

DeAndre Yedlin (Defender): A controversial choice for the final 23-man roster, critics allege the inexperienced Yedlin only made the U.S. squad due to his owning the team’s sole soccer ball

Julian Green (Midfielder): At just 18 years of age, Green still has a fighting chance to do something else with his life

Landon Donovan (Forward): Quite possibly the greatest American soccer player of all time and just the veteran presence this U.S. team needs to hold their own in Brazil

My favorites, hahaha

Meier

No Boateng, no Essien, that's like 1/3 of the Ghanans anyone has heard of...

Asamoah, Gyan, the Ayews, Atsu and sometimes Muntari are all very good to decent players. Muntari probably the worst of the bunch, but on the highest profile team (well, Atsu is really from Chelsea but he's at Vitesse right now). Prince is a good player but even given the late switch to Ghana, he has played a pretty minor part in their NT. I didn't realize he had technically retired from international football for a period of time.

We don't play Germany for another two matches but from what I saw of that game it still made me nervous.

I think we are just getting closer to kickoff. Such an opportunity with that result from Portugal. We need a win to put us in great position. COURAGE!!!

Judderman

drawer by drawer
You heard it in the WC thread first, folks. We're overrated. You know, the team that most people have said would finish out of the top 2 in the group with an outside chance at 2nd. We're overrated.

And we're all racists, too. Damn us all!

daoster

You heard it in the WC thread first, folks. We're overrated. You know, the team that most people have said would finish out of the top 2 in the group with an outside chance at 2nd. We're overrated.

Haha, was just reading that. FOR SHAME ALL OF YOU.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

How dare us!

ibw1lT9GCXp7lf.gif

xbhaskarx

Madeleine Albright @madeleine
Put me in, @J_Klinsmann! Best of luck today @ussoccer #USMNT in your #WorldCup match #USAvGHA ! #1N1T #USA pic.twitter.com/Pv0dvxL2js
12:04pm - 16 Jun 14

And others:

Condoleezza Rice (@CondoleezzaRice)
6/16/14, 13:29

Good luck @ussoccer in your first World Cup game today! Let's go USA! #USMNT #USAvGHA http://t.co/y0D6JxuIJC

Conan O'Brien (@ConanOBrien)
6/16/14, 11:03

Today we settle our age old feud with Ghana. Let's go #USMNT! bit.ly/1lz9y0d #WorldCup2014

Meier

Right, I never said they weren't good.

I think most people know around six Ghanan players by name, so Boateng and Essien are 1/3...

Oh I know, I'm just pointing out (in general) that they still have a lot of quality even without those two. I still think we should and will win though. It'll be a bit of a slugfest, but they just don't have the ability in defense or in goal to stop us from scoring. Atsu is probably the one who worries me the most. I was surprised Porto didn't get more out of him even though he only had 1 year left when they sold him.

xbhaskarx

@GrantWahl: USA: Howard, Bradley, Besler, Beasley, Dempsey, Bedoya, Jones, Beckerman, Altidore, Cameron, Johnson
Why list them like that Wahl...

4-4-2 diamond or 4-2-3-1?

Howard; Beasley, Besler, Cameron, Johnson; Jones, Beckerman; Dempsey, Bradley, Bedoya; Altidore

Dazzler

good luck from a non-American USA fan!

Really hope it's 2-0 with Bradley and Jozy bagging the goals

Hope Beckerman does well too.. MLS represent!

Pity my boy Beitashour didn't get on earlier, would love a whitecap at the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom