• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Cystm

Then who do we get?

The rumor is Roberto Martinez.

dYLlEOTrDyFUc.gif

Dartastic

hard choice tonight... do I watch the Red Bulls die a slow and painful death, or do I watch the Timbers win?
I'm hoping we win. Our depth is going to be severely tested.

In other news, Allan Chapman, the ref from the LAvPOR game got removed from the slate of upcoming games this weekend.

would adding a second referee help? legit question, we've had 2 referees for a long time in hockey...

Personally I'd love a Television Match Official (or TMO) like in rugby, speaking directly to the ref in a manner that is also broadcast on TV. It's really quick, doesn't drag on or anything, and I think it would be quite beneficial to the game.

Cystm

STARTING XI vs @SJEarthquakes: Robles, Zizzo, Lawrence, Ouimette, Lade, Sam, Felipe, Adams, Wright-Phillips S, Davis, Abang

Jeff Carlisle listening to Don Garber at the Sacramende event today:
Don Garber makes official that MLS will expand to to 28 teams. Garber said "We hope and expect" that Sacramento will be in next exp wave.

And yes I thought the announcement of MLS expanding to 28 teams had already been made but I'm told this is the "official" announcement.

Garber said earliest Sacramento could come in would be 2020 but that timeline hasn't been laid out.

Garber mentioned Detroit, St. Louis, San Diego, San Antonio, and Austin as possible #MLS expansion markets in addition to Sacramento.

And for your pro/rel folks, Garber said pro/rel "isn't part of our plans."

Garber said [it is our goal to have] Atlanta and Minnesota come on board in 2017 with LA and Miami to start in 2018.

imBask

Banned
I expected the Cameron Porter goal, but it wasn't very "impressive", it was just incredibly well timed

That Donadel shot was insane though

painey

going to my first game in America tomorrow.. Minnesota United. Hope its a decent level of play, but not expecting too much

Top Bottom