• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Oh man what a goal by Igboananike! Let's hold on 3 pts would be amazing here.

I'm sure MLS would still have us 20th with a victory here. *rolleyes*

Cystm

Oh man what a goal by Igboananike! Let's hold on 3 pts would be amazing here.

I'm sure MLS would still have us 20th with a victory here. *rolleyes*

https://vine.co/v/itUbjzFlqpW So good.

Poor give away from Lampson on that Drogba goal.

Shipp is combining so well with Piatti. It's ridiculous. If we don't stay compact, the IMFC midfield is going to eat us alive.

Edit: Also, really good to see another cf97 supporter!

Cystm

CPress looked great out there for the Red Stars, but Lloyd and Dunn were too much. Dunn was taking all of the space she could and was not shut down soon enough.

Quakes are cooked up in Portland. Left back proving to be a problem again. Colvey is too raw and Francis isn't good enough. :/

EDIT: Welp, a Wondo goal and 8 minutes of stoppage time could make this interesting.

EDIT2: Brawl and a red card for Valeri. Good times. This game is wacky.

Dartastic

Quakes are cooked up in Portland. Left back proving to be a problem again. Colvey is too raw and Francis isn't good enough. :/

EDIT: Welp, a Wondo goal and 8 minutes of stoppage time could make this interesting.

EDIT2: Brawl and a red card for Valeri. Good times. This game is wacky.
Yeah. Whacky, great game. Keep in mind that your LB was matched up against Melano, who is finally starting to break out. Melano's pace will mess anyone up.

Seriously though, how was this not a red for Bingham? Leaves the box, runs up to Valeri and two handed shoves him.

giphy.gif

This was pretty lame too.

zBB9dCNG9VhwQ.gif

ZZMitch

Twitter and reddit, lol. So I guess take it with a grain of salt.

Not sure what else he'd be yelling at him about though

Haha I was just wondering because the reddit post you are referring to was mine, which I made as a joke after watching the exchange on TV.

Apparently it had something to do with the Revs reaction to fans throwing stuff on the field of something. According to Jeff Lemieux

Dartastic

Eh, it's borderline, but I'm fine with a red for that if it's applied consistently.
Totally. I agree.
Also from Binghams point of view it looks like Valeri kicked the ball at Alashe on purpose. I would be pissed too.

Did he not? I didn't see the game but in the gifs it looks like play is stopped and he just blasts the dude in the face

Yup, play was stopped when he kicked it at him.
Sure, Valeri was almost certainly in the wrong there. That being said, he got carded (and eventually second yellowed) and a goalie can't full on run out of the box after play is stopped and just two handed shove a guy like that. Oh well. Three points is three points. Hopefully we'll be okay with Valeri ALSO being out the next game. *sigh*

Sure, Valeri was almost certainly in the wrong there. That being said, he got carded (and eventually second yellowed) and a goalie can't full on run out of the box after play is stopped and just two handed shove a guy like that. Oh well. Three points is three points. Hopefully we'll be okay with Valeri ALSO being out the next game. *sigh*

Fair. I think shoves like that are only yellows, generally, it has to be to the face to automatically be a red. We'd have a lot more reds if they always were reds, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Top Bottom