• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Meier

We should have sold him to Liverpool or an Italian team. I didn't want to believe it at the time, but it was pretty clear what was gonna happen to Miazga when he was sold to Chelsea.

Yeah, there was absolutely no chance Miazga would play for Chelsea. He'll be on loan until he's sold. Hopefully wherever he goes he plays at least.

Mully

Yeah, there was absolutely no chance Miazga would play for Chelsea. He'll be on loan until he's sold. Hopefully wherever he goes he plays at least.

It's okay. He's playing for RBNY again according to my career mode.

Speaking of which, how much did you all gut your teams in FIFA career mode?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Wish he had just stayed with us :(

EDIT: I lost my head-to-head match by 1 point! Had I played Rowe or Zimmerman I would have taken it! >.<

Mully

RB Leipzig loaned out their striker Omer Damari to RBNY for the remainder of the MLS season.

Metro is supposedly close to getting Daniel Royer from Germany as well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
RB Leipzig loaned out their striker Omer Damari to RBNY for the remainder of the MLS season.

Metro is supposedly close to getting Daniel Royer from Germany as well.

Makes sense. Damari knows the style and it'll give Royer time to acclimate. Here's hoping it all works out.

Cystm

Bedoya would shred in MLS. Good get for the Union, if it goes through.

Captain Giovinco saved my fantasy team. 32 points from one man.

AV9ltFk.png

EDIT:

EDIT: I lost my head-to-head match by 1 point! Had I played Rowe or Zimmerman I would have taken it! >.<

s9WEuV0.png

We need an 8 though. Unless bedoya wants to play that... Until Derrick jones can take that role over next year...

Barnetta has some weird arthritis (or something like it) with his knees so I don't see him long term and Pontius has injury issues...

I'm all for it but idk it does seem kinda weird.

Also we were at that stage last year and Nantes was playing tough but then again they did apparently sign 3 new midfielders so

Mully

Adams and Davis are in the starting XI for the Champions League match tonight. Wish I could be there, but overtime money is no joke.

Meier

Bedoya is a wonderful player. Should rip the league up.. curious what the Union will do though. Very full midfield -- surely one of the current ones will be on their way out?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bedoya is a wonderful player. Should rip the league up.. curious what the Union will do though. Very full midfield -- surely one of the current ones will be on their way out?

I'm actually a little surprised they went for another midfielder, I would have thought they'd go for a striker.

Chicago could do well if they actually use the money.

In other news Matias Perez Garcia heads to Orlando and the Quakes get Ceren in return. Too bad MPG never really worked out with the Quakes. Talented player when Dom actually played him.

I'm actually a little surprised they went for another midfielder, I would have thought they'd go for a striker.

we needed a box to box guy, Barnetta is on the last year of his contract as is Pontius. This is definitely a long term play as Bedoya can play a pseudo 8 for the rest of the season and move to a 10 if Barnetta leaves while the new academy prospect we signed (Derek Jones) will be ready to take the 8 next season.

Or we move to a 4-3-3

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Damn. Who'd they get in return?

Metro won 3-0 with their reserves (mostly) in their first CCL group stage match against Antigua.

They put on a good performance, finishing could have been better though. The scoreline should have been bigger.

I laughed when Sacha came on and scored like 2 minutes later. Had we played the first team from the start Red Bull Arena would have turned into the killing fields.

They put on a good performance, finishing could have been better though. The scoreline should have been bigger.

I laughed when Sacha came on and scored like 2 minutes later. Had we played the first team from the start Red Bull Arena would have turned into the killing fields.

I'd love to see the possession percentage between both teams. It seemed like Red Bulls had it 95% of the time.

I know the Mexican teams are better than what we're facing now, but I'm really excited to get to the knockout rounds (knock on wood) and see how we match up.

They're very physical though. Makes me afraid someone will get hurt.

Also, NE traded Charlie Davies to the Union for GAM, TAM, and a draft pick.

Kinda expected it. There was no space for Charlie in the lineup after he beat cancer unfortunately

e: Jesus Christ Revs twitter is fucking stupid

Top Bottom