• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

imBask

Banned
The Montreal Piatti/Drogba Massacre

RIP Union

EDIT: oh wow Gio also has a hat trick loool Drogba wouldn't let himself get outshined

GuCp5CK.png

I'm sorry but this shit with home teams wearing their alternate kits in their own stadiums needs to stop.

MLS needs to cut the shit and let teams have 3rd jerseys. I have no clue why they have pressured teams into NOT having them

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm sorry but this shit with home teams wearing their alternate kits in their own stadiums needs to stop.

MLS needs to cut the shit and let teams have 3rd jerseys. I have no clue why they have pressured teams into NOT having them

I mean in certain cases it should be just fine to let both sides use their home kits. Like if Montreal was facing Toronto they should both be able to wear their home kits, just like NYRB and NYCFC do in their match-ups. For example there's no reason Portland and LA can't both wear their home kits if they face off, the colors are distinct enough that people won't get confused.

Tonight was another match in our "Heritage Series," and it honoured Jim Brennan, our first signing and first captain. TFC has worn the alternates during these games, as the kit itself is meant as a nod to the previous Toronto club.

So it makes some sense, at least for us. Home team has the preference on kits anyway.

Mully

I mean in certain cases it should be just fine to let both sides use their home kits. Like if Montreal was facing Toronto they should both be able to wear their home kits, just like NYRB and NYCFC do in their match-ups. For example there's no reason Portland and LA can't both wear their home kits if they face off, the colors are distinct enough that people won't get confused.

Metro hasn't worn their away kit this season.

imBask

Banned
maybe they should force the jerseys the same way they do in hockey

Home = plain color
Away = white with color highlights

GRW810

New York is still red. Yet another dominant Red Bulls victory vs City. 4-1 but it could have been more. BWP destroying the Smurfs again.

Is it me or are they chanting "we want 8"

They were. It was awesome. That and singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 70th minute and beyond.

Amazing stuff. The atmosphere was incredible. Also, Rob Stone and Alexi Lalas were set up right where I was sitting. They literally stood there the entire game. I waved at them.

10/10. Would visit stomping of Smurfs again.

They were. It was awesome. That and singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 70th minute and beyond.

Amazing stuff. The atmosphere was incredible. Also, Rob Stone and Alexi Lalas were set up right where I was sitting. They literally stood there the entire game. I waved at them.

Incredible lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I lost my shit when "Take me out to the Ballgame" started.

Vieira's post-game comments make the stomping even better somehow.

David Villa being my captain didn't work out so hot. :\

Never bet on NYCFC against Red Bull. You should know better by now, always cap BWP in that match-up.

Cystm

David Villa being my captain didn't work out so hot. :\

Harrison, NJ is kryptonite for that whole club. Villa will continue to wreck everywhere else after his yellow card accumulation is over. I am actually so confident of that I am going to just bench him rather than trade him out.

That kid Hamilton for TFC has been fire. Home game against a collapsing Crew squad seems like it has potential for him to continue his recent run of form.

Bonus hot take on Kaka getting the captain's armband over Villa and Valeri some how not making the roster:

VeFpJNK.png

maybe they should force the jerseys the same way they do in hockey

Home = plain color
Away = white with color highlights

IMO, MLS should just do what the rest of other footy leagues do when it comes to kits

instead of calling them Home and Away jerseys. They should call them Main and Alternate. Use the main as much as possible, use the alternate when it is clashing with the opposing home team's color.

Some teams with light colored main jerseys or striped jerseys often have a 3rd such as Real Madrid and FC Porto

Like Montreal v Toronto should be Blue vs Red.

But since NYFC is light blue, it is still a blue. Then Montreal should wear White when visiting Yankee Stadium

IMO, MLS should just do what the rest of other footy leagues do when it comes to kits

instead of calling them Home and Away jerseys. They should call them Main and Alternate. Use the main as much as possible, use the alternate when it is clashes with the opposing home team's color.

Some teams with light colored main jerseys or striped jerseys often have a 3rd such as Real Madrid and FC Porto

Like Montreal v Toronto should be Blue vs Red.

But since NYFC is light blue, it is still a blue. Then Montreal should wear White when visited Yankee Stadium

I believe they already do this. Home team gets the preference on primary or secondary kits, and the kits themselves are called primary and secondary.

I believe they already do this. Home team gets the preference on primary or secondary kits, and the kits themselves are called primary and secondary.

I'm a fan of 3rd kits. Especially when they are better than the Primary and end up replacing it. Montreal's Blue and White was ugly as fuck, but then decided to main the Blue and Black, that's cool

Chris R

Well, I wonder what the turn out at the Sounders game on Sunday will be like now :/

Was hoping for a nice hot day with plenty of goals scored, hoping it isn't a somber affair.

Meier

It actually was the tying goal but it did send it to penalties. He scored it at 95:14 on a game that had 5 minutes of added time, so it was pretty clutch. Made his penalty as well although City won the shootout 6-5.

I am a little nervous about him this season since Dortmund signed so many attackers. :( It was bad enough when it was just Dembele, but then they added Schurrle and Gotze. Losing Micky helps a little bit but I imagine he won't play super regularly without some injury help.

https://twitter.com/MLSAnalyst/status/758828047277527040

L N P ‏@BlackIrishMN 6m6 minutes ago
@MLSAnalyst I hope klinsmann's next job is at arsenal so you can laser focus all your snark.

Matthew Doyle ‏@MLSAnalyst 4m4 minutes ago
Matthew Doyle Retweeted L N P
Klinsmann's steered the #USMNT to 4th place in the last 2 tourneys so he's already a perfect fit for Arsenal.

I'm annoyed by Doyle's hot takes from time to time but this was gold

Meier

Was a shame to concede that second goal especially since the MLS team really had done well for much of the game after the early struggles. I like the format of playing a big team like that, but there's a level of embarrassment that comes with losing to a team missing their big players so I wonder if it's a net positive or what. Obviously brings in some fans who would skip it otherwise.

Top Bottom