• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Cystm

How much money do you think is lost on jersey sales with two key USMNT players being in Toronto kits?

I know we wear kits for players in other countries leagues all the time, but it's a bit different when Jozy and MB are in the domestic league.

The contrast is stark when Jozy and MB should probably be in Redbull kits more than any other club in MLS.

Maybe Jozy for Orlando, but he came up through the Metro's academy. Same with MB and Chicago, but he is such a Jersey guy it makes more sense.
As much as it pains me to admit that.

Cystm

Toronto melt down.

Also, these Mic'd Manager moments make Vanney look like an AYSO coach.

"Come on, guys! *Clap clap clap*"

Marsch, meanwhile is providing actual strategy.

"Johnson is over on the left now, adjust for the right. Tell everyone. Make sure everyone knows."

Cystm

Don't worry Toronto. We'll find a way to fuck this up.

giphy.gif

Considering the missed chances we had in the first half, I'm happy with the draw. Especially since we were down 3-1. We'll be even better with Giovinco and Irwin back in the fold.

Dartastic

Jack Jewsbury announced his retirement at the end of this season. Timbers LEGEND. Class act, on and off the field. Hope he sticks around the organization.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So there's been a bit of discussion on what it means that Donovan was able to score in just his second game back. Is it a testament to just how good Donovan is or the supposed lack of talent in the MLS?

Your thoughts?

It's probably more about him than anything else. His first game back it was apparent that most of what made him dangerous over the years was still there and sharp given his age, it was just a matter of fitness.

Arena probably deserves a lot of credit for limiting Donovan's time on the field to the last 20 or so, when legs are tired and he can make the biggest impact despite not being up to playing a full 90 yet.

Swear to god though, if LA wins another trophy I will just drink myself to death.

zroid

Banned
So some fans discovered that, despite MLS' claims, Toronto hasn't clinched a playoff spot yet. There's one specific scenario that would leave them finishing 7th in the east.

That's so TFC!

USA v Mexico is officially Columbus.

I'm trying to find out my current US Soccer Membership status because I want to go; only reason why I haven't booked flight yet is because I want to secure a ticket.

anyone else want to come with
and split a hotel room

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I'm trying to find out my current US Soccer Membership status because I want to go; only reason why I haven't booked flight yet is because I want to secure a ticket.

and split a hotel room

If I can somehow swing a ticket I'm going. I'll take way too much time off if I have to, I want to see this.

Dartastic

and split a hotel room
Yes. Hard to justify the time and cost though. $400 for a flight, another few hundred for a hotel... etc. Ugh. Portland needs to get a real grass field staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat so we can host shit like this. :(

If I can somehow swing a ticket I'm going. I'll take way too much time off if I have to, I want to see this.

Yes. Hard to justify the time and cost though. $400 for a flight, another few hundred for a hotel... etc. Ugh. Portland needs to get a real grass field staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat so we can host shit like this. :(

Doo itttttt

This trip is also gonna double as a mileage run for me. I'm lucky it turned out this way

Speaking of costs, TFC playoff packages for the potential two rounds at home hit my account manager today. Holy shit, $270 would get me two seats for two rounds.

On the bright side, 9-month payment plan for season tickets, which I renewed today. This season was 5 installments.

Mully

Speaking of costs, TFC playoff packages for the potential two rounds at home hit my account manager today. Holy shit, $270 would get me two seats for two rounds.

On the bright side, 9-month payment plan for season tickets, which I renewed today. This season was 5 installments.

Damn. TFC really rips their fans off. RB gives season ticket holders free playoff tickets until the conference and cup final.

Damn. TFC really rips their fans off. RB gives season ticket holders free playoff tickets until the conference and cup final.
I wish! Yeah, what I pay for my 2nd level seats in the corner at BMO would get me really nice seats in many other MLS stadiums.

Oozer3993

My family is probably gonna make a go of it in the lottery for USAvMEX tickets. Does anyone have experience with the lotteries? Like if we try to game the system with multiple entries and somehow win multiple times, will we be able to decline the extra tickets, or at least sell them if we can't? The US Soccer site for it says the tickets are tied to a phone, which has me a tad nervous.

I'm pretty positive I'm passing on those playoff tickets. Maybe I'll pick up a single game ticket or something, but $270 for the pair for both rounds is really not in my budget right now, especially all coming at once.

I think three divisions would be preferable, with one division geared towards providing coverage and growing support for the sport in smaller markets, but they need to coordinate instead of compete. NASL is in a weird position where it seems to be competing with USL for markets while attempting to compete with MLS for stature.

Top Bottom