• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

I just realized that Toronto's *lowest* attendance of the season is higher than the team's average attendance from last year.

Dallas' attendance is shittier than ever. They're solidly in last place in the league, despite the team's excellent performance this year. Think that problem can be solved without a new stadium nearer the center of the Dallas metro area?
Isn't the Dallas problem this year that they have one end tarped for HOF construction? Something like 16k max now.

And yeah, Toronto is drawing consistently. It's great.

imBask

Banned
Stade Saputo is also sold out for tomorrow and has been many times this season, business is picking up folks
except in Dallas

Mully

Yeah RB looked decent last night. The Alianza keeper kept them in that game.

I'm off to Guatemala for RBNY's final group stage match next week. I plan on hiking one of the many volcanoes around Antigua and throwing NYCFC and DC scarves inside.

Entirely possible, but that end is still always tarped. Weird.

I thought the lack of FCD attendance was because of the massive hike in ticket prices.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah RB looked decent last night. The Alianza keeper kept them in that game.

I'm off to Guatemala for RBNY's final group stage match next week. I plan on hiking one of the many volcanoes around Antigua and throwing NYCFC and DC scarves inside.

I thought the lack of FCD attendance was because of the massive hike in ticket prices.

Lucky dog. Wish I could take time off to go.

Throw a Lampard jersey into that volcano for me, will ya?

Cystm

2014%2F07%2F28%2F27%2FFrankLampar.752e6.jpg

Mully

Lucky dog. Wish I could take time off to go.

Throw a Lampard jersey into that volcano for me, will ya?

I'll try. I called in a favor to get a DC scarf. I might have to actually buy a City scarf.

No bullshit though, RB is definitely seeing City in the Eastern Conference Finals. RBNY is going to find a way to inconsistently back their way into second place. They'll play Orlando or DC in the first round. Best either team by a close margin, and then face off against City to be cup finalists.

This is a thought I've had since July 3rd.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll try. I called in a favor to get a DC scarf. I might have to actually buy a City scarf.

No bullshit though, RB is definitely seeing City in the Eastern Conference Finals. RBNY is going to find a way to inconsistently back their way into second place. They'll play Orlando or DC in the first round. Best either team by a close margin, and then face off against City to be cup finalists.

This is a thought I've had since July 3rd.

If god is real we'll clobber them in both games. If he's dead...

RBH

487037554-e1444587938141.jpg

The folks running the show at Atlanta United, the MLS expansion franchise that will make its debut in 2017, are not messing around.

According to reports out of Argentina, former Barcelona and Argentine national team manager Gerardo “Tata” Martino is expected to be named the first head coach in franchise history. One report places Martino in Atlanta at this very moment, finalizing the terms of his contract.

Martino, who’s only 53 years old, resigned as manager of Argentina in July, one week after his side fell in the final of a major international tournament for a second straight summer, the country’s third straight summer of defeat.

MLS announced earlier this week that while the expansion draft will still be one mechanism used to populate Atlanta’s roster ahead of the 2017 season, as well as Minnesota United who will also be joining the league, each team will select just five players from the league’s current 20 teams, down from 10 in 2015.

As always with foreign coaches coming to MLS, Martino will require a right-hand man quite familiar with the intricacies of MLS’s complex roster rules and operating practices. As Patrick Vieira has shown this year, though, it’s not impossible for an “outsider” to learn the league on the fly and have success while doing so. Vieira’s New York City FC currently sit third in the Eastern Conference, two points back of Toronto FC for the top spot, after missing the playoffs altogether in the team’s expansion season last year.
http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/09...oss-martino-to-be-named-atlantas-first-coach/

RBH

Here are the markets for Sunday's NFL telecasts, split into who's getting a 1 p.m. game and who is getting a 4 p.m. game.

Those with a 1 p.m. game will get to see Toronto-Red Bulls at 5 p.m., while those with a 4 p.m. game will get to see Sporting KC-Galaxy at 2 p.m. Both games are on Fox Sports Go for everyone.

• 1 p.m. games: Birmingham, Buffalo, Hartford, New Orleans, New York, Providence, West Palm Beach, Alberquerque, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Indianapolis, Knoxville, Las Vegas, Louisville, Memphis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Richmond, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, Tulsa, Washington, Atlanta, Charlotte, Greensboro, Greenville, Jacksonville, Raleigh, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco
  • 4 p.m. games: Fort Myers, Orlando, Phoenix, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, Boston, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Portland, Seattle, St. Louis
https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/52tjz1/fox_nfl_markets_for_sunday_those_with_1pm_game/?

Cystm

Ivanschitz did so well there to get that ball back to Lodiero. I think Lodiero was caught off gaurd by that ball getting to him from that position.

Also, get the fucking streamers off the pitch.

I'm guessing well finish out the year strong enough where heaps doesn't get sacked.. We still don't win anything. And we repeat the cycle of losing all year before a late run to make up for it next year

Lalas was right that MLS is too forgiving. Obviously I want us to make the playoffs but it's sort of a joke if we do. No team that was as bad as we were for so long should be playing for the cup

Mully

LOL

Also what the fuck channel is the game on? I can't find it anywhere, mlslive says it's on national TV.

It's on FOX in some parts of the country that aren't playing the 1PM FOX NFL game. I'm not sure where it's on here in NYC.

Fucking Donovan. All I wanted is for him to come back and have nothing to show for it at the season's end. Instead, he already has a game tying goal. Prick.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's on FOX in some parts of the country that aren't playing the 1PM FOX NFL game. I'm not sure where it's on here in NYC.

Fucking Donovan. All I wanted is for him to come back and have nothing to show for it at the season's end. Instead, he already has a game tying goal. Prick.

From what I can tell it's not on anywhere in NYC, which is bullshit. What's the point in nationally televising a game if it's not on nationally. MLS needs to get this shit straight, total clownshoes.

According to some traveling RB fans Ryan Meara is warming up at BMO currently. Robles might be out today.

Wow, I can't remember the last time Robles missed a game.

Mully

No Giovinco for Toronto tonight.

Here's the full lineup for the Canadians.

@FOXSoccer said:
Toronto FC starting lineup: Bono; Beitashour, Zavaleta, Moor, Morrow; Bradley, Johnson, Delgado, Osorio; Altidore, Hamilton.

Top Bottom