• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

USA takes another L for the week.

As a son of immigrants from Mexico, usually in these games I don't take sides.

Can't help but smile a little bit about the loss tbh

NoRéN

Thanks, klinnsman . Another lovely record.

Ain't gonna lie, I'm happy for Mexico and its fans. Fireworks going off in my neighborhood. Finally, there's something to be happy about this week and I can't complain.

Cystm

USA takes another L for the week.

As a son of immigrants from Mexico, usually in these games I don't take sides.

Can't help but smile a little bit about the loss tbh

Look at it this way, USAGAF: our Peso is still in the shitter thanks to Trump :(

US played much better than us in the 2nd half. A draw was probably a just result.

Glad that Mexico won though!

Nothing but love for you. Grats on the win.

Nesotenso

bad week for the US. dropping points in home games during qualifying is going to hurt. Still think we have the personnel to pull off positive results on the road this cycle.

RR30

Michael Bradley is so bad. You can't tell me Danny Williams isn't a better player than him at this point. Or a 20% Jermaine Jones. He should not be starting, let alone wearing the captains armband.

Meier

I think that was only their first shot on target in the second half. Maybe their second at most. Really disappointing. :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Regardless of the rivalry, I wanna say I'm happy nothing violent happened considering the tensions going around this week. Both our nations are important to each other and we should celebrate that, not let it get trumped by an orange fuckface.

...#DosAUno tho

Michael Bradley is so bad. You can't tell me Danny Williams isn't a better player than him at this point. Or a 20% Jermaine Jones. He should not be starting, let alone wearing the captains armband.

This.

Michael Bradely has no business being a permanent starter. Outside of a few hustle plays, he brings very little to the team and makes way too many mistakes. He desperately needs a kickstart and if that doesn't work, put out to pasture.

Also Brad Guzan had zero saves and provided poor defensive organization. Such a step down from even an old and busted Howard.

Fabian Johnson was also terribad By my count he was 1/6 on providing quality service into the box. Just not good enough.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm in Mexico city tonight surrounded by 2000 Mexican dudes who know I'm American. Our second big loss this week imo, but man am I relieved about this one!

Nesotenso

Regardless of the rivalry, I wanna say I'm happy nothing violent happened considering the tensions going around this week. Both our nations are important to each other and we should celebrate that, not let it get trumped by an orange fuckface.

...#DosAUno tho

I am worried that Trump's election might discourage Mexican-American kids from playing for the US.

Meier

Thought we were dominant in the second half. Team selection was good. No blame due to JK in my opinion. Only issue I had was the Orozco sub as I don't think he is good enough.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thought we were dominant in the second half. Team selection was good. No blame due to JK in my opinion. Only issue I had was the Orozco sub as I don't think he is good enough.

I think he's to blame for the first half and the original formation. After that was fixed we were fine, but we absolutely shouldn't be using formations we aren't comfortable or have experience with in games like this. If we played the whole game like we played the second half the result would probably be flipped.

Meier

I am a little surprised that Super Frank didn't stick around for another year. NYCFC had a clause that would allow them to extend him but I suspect he told them he'd like to retire instead. Probably going back to Chelsea to coach.

Failure analysis from Friday:
- Grant Wahl: Mexico conquers Columbus: Rafa Marquez the hero in World Cup qualifying win vs. USA
- Grant Wahl: As Dos A Cero dies, USA left pondering its approach vs. Mexico in Columbus
- MLS Analyst: Dos a cero dies for USMNT as Jurgen Klinsmann tinkers
- ESPNFC: Jurgen Klinsmann's tactics put U.S in a bind it can't overcome vs. Mexico
- Galarcep: Osorio outcoaches Klinsmann: Five takeaways from USA-Mexico
- ESPNFC: Klinsmann formation blunder hurt U.S. vs. Mexico, but there were positives

Looking forward to tomorrow's critical match against Costa Rica:
- SI: On familiar ground, USMNT enters Costa Rica match with must-win mentality
- MLSSoccer: Following loss, US national team turn to getting result vs. Costa Rica
- US Soccer president Sunil Gulati expects Jurgen Klinsmann to finish the Hex

MLS...
- ESPNFC: LA FC chase players of 'global reputation' in time for 2018 MLS start (says they're looking at Rooney, among others)
- There was also some talk of Chicago going after Schweinsteiger this weekend, but I don't know how legit that is.
- Tim Howard's injury was rumored to have a recovery period of "months not weeks", so he's likely done for the year
- Guardado has confirmed that he's been in touch with Atlanta about a potential move there

If Howard is out for the rest of the playoffs, then hopefully that makes Seattle's job easier for advancing. I just want TFC to host MLS Cup.

RBH

CxPWbvCVIAAAxBm.jpg:large

I've subscribed to this thread because...
  • My 12 year old daughter has been playing since she was 4
  • It pisses me off that we as a country of 300+ million aren't good at a sport
  • This is actually a beautiful game
  • I plan on supporting the LAFC (Los Angeles Football Club)

I'm hoping that internet and people having the ability to watch quality soccer EVERY DAY will result in soccer in my country becoming a "thing". It needs to be.

Our best athletes need to want to play this sport.

I've subscribed to this thread because...
  • My 12 year old daughter has been playing since she was 4
  • It pisses me off that we as a country of 300+ million aren't good at a sport
  • This is actually a beautiful game
  • I plan on supporting the LAFC (Los Angeles Football Club)

I'm hoping that internet and people having the ability to watch quality soccer EVERY DAY will result in soccer in my country becoming a "thing". It needs to be.

Our best athletes need to want to play this sport.

Thank you. Welcome.

We're heading in the right directions for the most part but it's slowly and surely.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Checking BeIN, it looks like it's up for free today since I have it and am not subscribed for the channel at all. You all might want to give it a quick look, a decent looking Chile vs Uruguay game going on right now.

Unconfirmed US lineup from Kyle Martino:

Hearing US going: Guzan; Chandler, Gonzalez, Brooks, Besler;Johnson, Bradley, Jones, Pulisic; Altidore, Wood. #USAvCRC

Top Bottom