• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
wow Mexico broke the dos a cero curse and now the USMNT are 4 goals down...jeezus...

Jerm411

Gulati and Klinsmann...

Ari-Gold-Get-The-Fuck-Out.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If we don't have a new coach by the end of the week then there's a real problem.

CRC is ranked higher than USA in FIFA rankings, while many people think those rankings are trash, they do hold some weight...

I'm not saying they're bad, but they aren't this much better either.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Every single player the US has out on the field has played worse in these last two games than they have for their clubs. That's gotta be on the coach.

How is the sport going to grow when our "best" players that our youth watch AREN'T GOOD.

At least when you play U18 players you can expect to get beat 0-4, but you know the players are learning something.

What are Zusi, Bradley and Jones learning?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How do you qualify to the world cup in concacaf?

Top 3 in the Hex get in automatically and the 4th place team has to play an Oceania team for another spot. Last cycle Mexico got stuck in that spot while the US placed #1.

How is the sport going to grow when our "best" players that our youth watch AREN'T GOOD.

At least when you play U18 players you can expect to get beat 0-4, but you know the players are learning something.

All of these players played worse out there than they have for their clubs. I mean shit, if Bradley was playing like shit for his club too that'd be one thing but he's been doing well there.

Top 3 in the Hex get in automatically and the 4th place team has to play an Oceania team for another spot. Last cycle Mexico got stuck in that spot while the US placed #1.
The 4th playoff spot gets rotated. This time it'll be vs an Asian team, not Oceania. I think.

James TylerVerified account
‏@JamesTylerESPN
Biggest tactical challenge remaining for Jurgen Klinsmann will be figuring out which combination of players he can throw under the bus.

Michael Wheeler ‏@MAEAgency 3m3 minutes ago
Wouldn't be surprised if Kellyanne Conway came out for Klinsmann for post-game presser #USMNT...game could have gone either way, bad bounces

Quality tweets

Oh Klinsi
Klinsi
Klinsi

Klinsi

kIdMuScLe

Zusi, Bradley and jones are not young... Jones is old. Still don't get how and other older players got on the WC Brazil team and Donovan off!!! Bradley plays out of position all the time and at this point he doesn't give a fuck about Klinnsman so he does whatever he wants cause he knows he'll get call back to the team. Zusi... don't know...

There's lots of good players but Klinnsman likes to play them out of position every single game because they need to learn how to play new positions. Fuck that! Why is Yedlin playing as a offensive player when he is one of the best DB players you got?!!! Fuck he should have been gone a long time ago and should have gotten La Pulga as the USMNT coach.

Out of the WC too cuz I don't see them beating Panamá and Honduras.

Dartastic

The sad thing is I feel that with the current player pool almost any of us in this thread would be able to put a better lineup on the field.

Alebrije

The good news is that Honduras and Trinidad have weak teams , think USA has great chance to go directly to Rusia even with this start.

The bad news is that USA won't do anything in Rusia with this team

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The sad thing is I feel that with the current player pool almost any of us in this thread would be able to put a better lineup on the field.

It's not like it'd be hard. There's a good 11 to be had in a good formation, just not what Klinsmann has been doing.

EDIT:

via Steven Goff

Earlier today, a longtime US contact told me USSF had lined up Arena in case of another loss. Didn't believe it at time, but now ... hmmm

LOL..Klinsmann"I told the players it won't be the last time we lose 0-4"

FUUUUUUCK DAT GUY.

Ok....now I know what I can do for US Men's soccer. Work every free moment to get DAT GUY fired. He's NOT the USA coach.

And NO, I don't want anyone over the age of 50.

I'm actually Donald Trump won the election pissed right now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm kinda hung up on that too. Jermaine Jones is old as fuck and should not be on the pitch for the USMNT ever again.

Not only that but he just came back from injury and you can't tell me we don't have other options. If he was our only choice then fine, but he isn't! We have other options that mesh far better with the rest of the midfield.

EDIT: I mean, we should be doing something like

Pulisic--Altidore--Wood
-------Sacha--Nagbe-----
------------Bradley----------

for the midfield and forwards. Everyone in a position where they can succeed, in a more natural position than they've been in at least.

Dartastic

Not only that but he just came back from injury and you can't tell me we don't have other options. If he was our only choice then fine, but he isn't! We have other options that mesh far better with the rest of the midfield.
Hey wow, no way. You're kidding me right? We have other options that mesh better with the midfield? /s

#freeNagbe

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hell or even

------Altidore--Wood-----
Pulisic--Sacha--Nagbe
------------Bradley---------

There's no goddamned reason not to be running all of those players at once.

Pretty much any MLS coach could do better with the talent pool Klinsmann has at his disposal.

Top Bottom