• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

So here was my view for MLS Cup:

hFcqQvg.jpg

Not too shabby.

Cystm

LA Galaxy confirm holding talks with Rapids midfielder Jermaine Jones

“Jermaine is someone who will be free and he's a national team player that lives here, so we got together and had a very nice conversation with him,” Klein told ESPN FC's Jeff Carlisle, taking care to note that any deal to acquire Jones would require compensation to head in Colorado's direction. Carlisle cited an anonymous source to report that the Rapids have given Jones permission to talk to other clubs.

Considering his family lives in LA, he'd be happy to play close to home. Wonder how often he'd be out with an injury tho.

Dartastic

Well that sounds like an awful idea.

Potentially similar, Portland now has the rights to Kennedy Igboananike.
From Stumptown Footy:

"In addition, the Timbers traded the 43rd pick in the SuperDraft (PTFC’s second pick in the second round that was acquired from TFC as part of the Will Johnson trade) to D.C. United in exchange for an international roster spot and Kennedy Igboananike. The Timbers, however, declined Igboananike’s contract option, which suggests Igboananike will not, in fact, be a Timber and his inclusion in the deal is likely a matter of D.C. United’s expansion draft maneuvering. In the end, therefore, it appears the deal is effectively a swap of the Timbers’ lowest second-round pick in exchange for an international roster spot."

He's not going to be a Timber, and if he IS going to be one, he's certainly not going to earn anywhere near what he earned with his past clubs.

Chris R

Since you mentioned it, now I have to post this

1f3ed01a01714d1f9666d519e23d6ed9.png

Jays fans only have to be worried if they don't show up and occupy 60% of the stadium like they did this fall.

Never thought badly of them before that series. Showing up and becoming the home team is fine, the Mariners should be a better team if they want to fill the seats, but then a large group of the fans started to act like giant douchnozzles. Uncalled for really.

zroid

Banned
Jays fans only have to be worried if they don't show up and occupy 60% of the stadium like they did this fall.

Never thought badly of them before that series. Showing up and becoming the home team is fine, the Mariners should be a better team if they want to fill the seats, but then a large group of the fans started to act like giant douchnozzles. Uncalled for really.

lol ok, this is a joke about the Sounders though

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

This is expected. Whoever thought we'd be giving up Gonzalo Veron for nothing was an idiot. The only guy we left unprotected that I think NYRB is at risk of losing is Damari. I don't think anyone else is really worth wasting a pick on considering who the Impact, Galaxy, Timbers, and Toronto have left unprotected.

Dear lord Atlanta and Minnesota are going to be raiding Toronto like it's the last open supermarket before a hurricane. I will be shocked if someone doesn't snatch up Ricketts with their first pick.

shoplifter

Only players I'm worried about losing are Saeid and Francis. I could take or leave pretty much anyone else. Sauro's salary will protect him.

Meier

Sort of surprised NYCFC protected Mix. I guess they're hoping to trade him and get some value out of him but it feels like a waste. Perhaps with Lampard gone though he'll have a part to play again.

shoplifter

Sort of surprised NYCFC protected Mix. I guess they're hoping to trade him and get some value out of him but it feels like a waste. Perhaps with Lampard gone though he'll have a part to play again.

No trade clause (which requires him to be protected) is the most likely reason. His dad was pretty adamant about having one when we were trying to get him here in Columbus.

Quakes only left a few players with major injuries and some long term projects exposed. Not really people you want to build a team around in the short term.

Meier

Ouch. Shoplifter caught a ban for what seemed like something sort of innocuous unless he had a post deleted. Felt a little sarcastic (I have no clue if it actually was) but not banworthy.

Interesting to see Irwin exposed. Armando Cooper was protected but isn't he still on loan? How does that work?
Potentially the loan is like all contracts, with the league instead of the club. And it may not be over until January or something. Either way, I hope we buy him.

zroid

Banned
Apparently experts are projecting Irwin will be selected by Minnesota

dang.

Not sure I'm ready for the Alex Bono future

This is expected. Whoever thought we'd be giving up Gonzalo Veron for nothing was an idiot. The only guy we left unprotected that I think NYRB is at risk of losing is Damari. I don't think anyone else is really worth wasting a pick on considering who the Impact, Galaxy, Timbers, and Toronto have left unprotected.

Dear lord Atlanta and Minnesota are going to be raiding Toronto like it's the last open supermarket before a hurricane. I will be shocked if someone doesn't snatch up Ricketts with their first pick.

I thought Damari was going back to wherever he was loaned from?

Also, I hope Baah doesn't get snatched up. I really liked what little I saw of him. Hopefully, he can stay healthy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I thought Damari was going back to wherever he was loaned from?

Also, I hope Baah doesn't get snatched up. I really liked what little I saw of him. Hopefully, he can stay healthy.

Oh yes, I forgot he's going back.

I don't think Baah is in any danger, I doubt he played enough to be on anyone's radar.

Apparently experts are projecting Irwin will be selected by Minnesota

dang.

Not sure I'm ready for the Alex Bono future

I wouldn't be too upset about it. He hasn't quite been himself since his injury, and Bono was a solid replacement who got real good real quick.

Also opens up more opportunities for Quillan Roberts to maybe finally play a meaningful game for the first team.

1.5 million viewers in Canada for the final

yeah pretty amazing ratings. Too bad Seattle bunker ball made it kind of a boring match for the casual fan. Hope that doesn't turn them away after the exciting Montreal matches.

"The game was the most-watched television program in Canada on Saturday night."

Impressive.

Why did we stop calling him up? He seemed to have been performing decently for the national team.
He's been hurt for a while.
"The past year and a half have been difficult for me, coming off a pretty excruciating surgery and just working as hard as I could to get back in the mix here in Mexico and having spent the past five, six months not really having that opportunity to get back in that mix of playing regularly.

"It was tough to be at such a high when I did decide to get surgery. It's been a long road, but hopefully this can be a good move to get me back in the mix and get my name up there again hopefully."

Garza suffered a steep fall from grace after enduring a hip injury that first slowed him down as he embarked on a loan move to Atlas. His hip injury eventually forced him to undergo major surgery in the fall of 2015. After missing five months, Garza worked his way back into the Xolos first team, earning a start in the first match of the most recent Apertura season in July. He suffered yet another setback in his very next match, when a concussion sidelined him.

"The last six months I really thought that I had worked as hard as I could to get back in the loop and I actually started doing that, and in the first game of the season I thought it was a great way to come back and have a wonderful game. But I had a concussion the next game and never had the opportunity to show it again," Garza said.

Top Bottom