• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

xbhaskarx

Atlanta United practice field deal with DeKalb revealed

A proposed deal for practice soccer fields and a corporate headquarters for Atlanta United FC would cost DeKalb County an estimated $12 million, 41 acres of government land and tax considerations, according to a pending agreement.

The $30 million soccer complex would be built near the intersection of Interstate 285 and Memorial Drive, behind the DeKalb Jail.

In exchange, the team owned by Arthur Blank would build a 3,500-seat stadium, three outdoor practice fields and a corporate headquarters. Additional fields and an indoor training facility could be built later. Ownership of the land and facilities would revert to the county after 30 years.

The proposed agreement, obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Wednesday, is scheduled for a vote of the DeKalb Commission on Tuesday.

xbhaskarx

Garber Facebook Q&A

CLDlXmsVAAAZtOQ.jpg

Osorio

In other words, "Sometimes the present circumstances compel you to make radical decisions, ones that the heart does not approve but reason and pride do."

Osorio

Maybe it's not a feud with Dos Santos, but that he will be irritated by the larger Mexican presence at Galaxy home games.

Penedo to Columbus.

xbhaskarx

I always thought of Dax McCarty as a B teamer (although lately he hasn't even been getting called into January camp), but maybe it's time to give him another shot...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I always thought of Dax McCarty as a B teamer (although lately he hasn't even been getting called into January camp), but maybe it's time to give him another shot...

He's really been killing it for the Red Bulls this season, he deserves a call up.

Osorio

He's really been killing it for the Red Bulls this season, he deserves a call up.

I dunno where our team would be without him. And he used to be awful moving the ball forward, now he's even developed his attacking skills.

That trade with DeRo has to be one of the best in franchise history.

xbhaskarx

At the end of that season it was looking like one of the most lopsided trades, in favor of DC. DeRo was ridiculous all season, won MVP... I believe he even embarrassed McCarty pretty badly on a goal just a few weeks after the trade.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Garber mentions instant replay... I'd need to know how that works before I decide whether I love or hate it.

I could see it being integrated for penalty kicks pretty easily. It's not like everyone doesn't stand around and argue with the refs for like 4 minutes after the call anyway. There's usually enough time for us to see the replay a couple of times, no excuse for them not to use the time themselves.

I dunno where our team would be without him. And he used to be awful moving the ball forward, now he's even developed his attacking skills.

Amen, he really needs a call up. He's exactly what Klinsmann is looking for.

Osorio

At the end of that season it was looking like one of the most lopsided trades, in favor of DC. DeRo was ridiculous all season, won MVP... I believe he even embarrassed McCarty pretty badly on a goal just a few weeks after the trade.

This is true. I was heated when it was first announced, but DeRo really wasn't working with Henry when he was here. Over time that trade has worked out beautifully.

I'd be down with McCarty getting a look alongside Bradley in center midfield for the US. Cameron-Bradley, too. It'd be great to have a two-way player in that position instead of a true destroyer in certain situations.

xbhaskarx

Second half lineup:
CLIQXhmWEAAY9sX.jpg

No idea what Mastroeni is thinking on the right side... maybe Juninho and Finlay are switched.

I guess we're about to find out of a team with multiple Rapids players can win a game.

xbhaskarx

Yedlin the token American sub who won't be with the first team, taking Julian Green's place from the previous ASG...

What's worse, these Eurosnobs doing Spurs chants, or that they're doing them in a British accent?

xbhaskarx

Cystm

Good to see the enthusiasm Montreal has for Drogba.

Gilberto is surely going to receive a similar reception next week.

lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder what player would get me so hyped I'd greet them at the airport.

Doesn't seem like a NJ/NY thing to do.

I think the only way it would happen is if a NYer did well in MLS on a NY team, went off to Europe to become the next Messi/Ronaldo and then came back to play for a local team.

Top Bottom