• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Osorio

I think the only way it would happen is if a NYer did well in MLS on a NY team, went off to Europe to become the next Messi/Ronaldo and then came back to play for a local team.

That, or Ronaldo, or Messi.

Or a recent world cup winner if they came from Latinamerica.

Osorio

We have a Chilean on trial too! Santiago Dittborn, 22 years old, plays centrally or on the wing for San Lorenzo.

Pleasant surprise. And are we getting stacked on the wing because Marsch is afraid of fatigue because of the high press?

Esch

Banned
I wonder what player would get me so hyped I'd greet them at the airport.

Doesn't seem like a NJ/NY thing to do.

Of people still playing somewhere right now? Would probably go for Xavi, Kaka, Ozil, Sneijder, Gundogan, Verratti, Ronaldinho, Cazorla, Ribery.... Maybe a couple others.

We have a Chilean on trial too! Santiago Dittborn, 22 years old, plays centrally or on the wing for San Lorenzo.

Pleasant surprise. And are we getting stacked on the wing because Marsch is afraid of fatigue because of the high press?

He was trialing here too. Dunno if we passed on him or if he decided to pass on us though.

Cystm

sAGnrpz.png

MLS All Star Game on Fox 1 = 548,000 + 58k on Univision Deportes
Libertadores on Fox Deportes = 701,000

Great schedule planning Fox.

Can someone explain to me why the fuck they keep Libertadores locked away on a channel nobody has?

They do realize they own and operate a free OTA Spanish channel right? (MundoFox)

xbhaskarx

Having the 6th highest payroll at $6.6 million but then not spending $150-250k on the CB the team needs to actually compete would be hilarious...

I got an e-mail from the Red Bulls about putting down a deposit for 2016 season tickets. Do it early enough, got 7 months to pay them off. I was looking at a seat in 201, which is $350. $50 a month isn't bad at all. I'm really considering it, despite the fact it's tough for me to get to RBA from where I live.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I got an e-mail from the Red Bulls about putting down a deposit for 2016 season tickets. Do it early enough, got 7 months to pay them off. I was looking at a seat in 201, which is $350. $50 a month isn't bad at all. I'm really considering it, despite the fact it's tough for me to get to RBA from where I live.

I got that too, I've been on the fence about a season ticket given it's a little annoying to make my way out there every week--or every other week.

I got that too, I've been on the fence about a season ticket given it's a little annoying to make my way out there every week--or every other week.

I'm in the same boat. It's not even a half hour car ride to RBA from where I live but it's a pain in the neck half hour. I'll have to continue to think it over. However, that sweet track jacket they're giving away makes matters worse.

Osorio

I'm in the same boat. It's not even a half hour car ride to RBA from where I live but it's a pain in the neck half hour. I'll have to continue to think it over. However, that sweet track jacket they're giving away makes matters worse.

It can't be a pain in the neck all the time. Are you talking about 280?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
WWzzUEO.jpg

Poku on the bench? He has been stellar for them. Lamps is going to make his debut today as well.

They've been using Poku as a sub since he's not quite up to the full 90 yet. I'm wonder why they've got Mix on the bench, maybe he's not fully back from the gold cup yet.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Again the NYCFC defense looks inept. Kreis just sitting on his hands while this lineup shits the bed.

Not a whole lot he can do about it, he's got shitty defenders. All he can do is ride this season out and make some good trades before next season.

Just thank god Drogba isn't ready to play yet, he'd murder NYCFC's backline.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NYC should've played with their aways. This color combination is confusing.
It's crazy confusing here in the stands, too.

NYCFC defense looks like its usual self.

I also haven't heard anyone in the stands mention Lampard's name yet today. Quite a far cry from Pirlo's debut last week if Lampard is in fact going to debut in this half.

Osorio

It's crazy confusing here in the stands, too.

NYCFC defense looks like its usual self.

I also haven't heard anyone in the stands mention Lampard's name yet today. Quite a far cry from Pirlo's debut last week if Lampard is in fact going to debut in this half.

Yeah but his performance will build hype. If he performs well. I mean the circus surrounding his arrival is going to engulf him in unrealistic expectations imo.

It can't be a pain in the neck all the time. Are you talking about 280?

It's more of a stressful ride since I'm not a big fan of highway driving, especially through NJ's twists and turns. To combat this, I go with my Dad and have him drive. We get from where I live to RBA within a half hour. However, he's not as big a fan as I am so him getting a season ticket is next to nil. I'm going to try and talk him into one but I doubt it.

Top Bottom